Which State Championship Game Produced The Biggest Bust?

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

A. Division I - Pickerington Central; Crushed by Cincinnati St. X 44-3.

B. Division II - Massillon Washington; Paper Champions got hammered on at home by Hoban 35-6.

C. Division V - Ironton; the #HashtagTeam got their opportunity for their #UnfinishedBusiness Game to #FinnishTheJob with Kirtland who #Throttled them 38-0.

D. Division VII - Warren John F. Kennedy; JFK was the latest to be slaughtered by a mighty MAC small school, losing 31-0.

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: Which State Championship Game Produced The Biggest Bust?

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I hate to say it but it has to be the ironton game. I didn’t expect a blowout and a shutout to boot. But they made it and had a great season.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

BigChuck wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:50 pm Which State Championship Game Produced The Biggest Bust?

A. Division I - Pickerington Central; Crushed by Cincinnati St. X 44-3.

B. Division II - Massillon Washington; Paper Champions got hammered on at home by Hoban 35-6.

C. Division V - Ironton; the #HashtagTeam got their opportunity for their #UnfinishedBusiness Game to #FinnishTheJob with Kirtland who #Throttled them 38-0.

D. Division VII - Warren John F. Kennedy; JFK was the latest to be slaughtered by a mighty MAC small school, losing 31-0.
9 points total for all 4 of these games, throw a dart !!!!! :shock:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ironton looked awful. No offense. Looks like Fort Frye was the 2020 SEO champs

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Kirtland/Ironton. Lotta chest thumpin. Not much showin up on the big stage.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

58 yds total offense says it all. I don't think anyone saw that coming.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

FIDO wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:12 pm 58 yds total offense says it all. I don't think anyone saw that coming.
And defense gave up 400 yards of offense. Kirtland had around 8 guys touch the rock for meaningful yards. Didn't even look like they belonged in the same division.

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:36 pm
FIDO wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:12 pm 58 yds total offense says it all. I don't think anyone saw that coming.
And defense gave up 400 yards of offense. Kirtland had around 8 guys touch the rock for meaningful yards. Didn't even look like they belonged in the same division.
Ironton couldn’t have even won the Div 6 or 7 championships either in my opinion...it’s a shame Coldwater couldn’t play Kirtland, I don’t think they’d have won but they would’ve put up a fight... guess the only #RestoreTheRoar was by the Real Tiger - Tiger LaVerde!! #That!

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:15 pm Ironton looked awful. No offense. Looks like Fort Frye was the 2020 SEO champs
I don't know about that with all divisions but Fort has no real passing offense to help offset the running game, much like Ironton and Trimble. Defense still wins Championships but a one trick pony offense with few variations doesn't help your defenses get off the field against great teams in the semis or finals in today's game. Their were many State finals years ago that ended 7-0, 8-7, 7-6 , 6-0 and even 3-0. Those days are gone as the evolution of offenses has progressed immensely over the defenses. Just my take.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:10 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:15 pm Ironton looked awful. No offense. Looks like Fort Frye was the 2020 SEO champs
I don't know about that with all divisions but Fort has no real passing offense to help offset the running game, much like Ironton and Trimble. Defense still wins Championships but a one trick pony offense with few variations doesn't help your defenses get off the field against great teams in the semis or finals in today's game. Their were many State finals years ago that ended 7-0, 8-7, 7-6 , 6-0 and even 3-0. Those days are gone as the evolution of offenses has progressed immensely over the defenses. Just my take.
Now adays offense wins games more on average. Gotta have a potent offense.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

All three of those games can be called a bust. If I had to pick just one it would be the Pickerington Cental game.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

D7 and D2 weren’t really big surprises. Hoban and New Bremen were favored pretty heavily. I didn’t expect the D1 or the D5 scores though

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Post by Wings Teaford »

That ther Arnton game was the bustest. Them Kirklan boys was readin all year how they was gonna get skinny pantsd in the rematch and that had em fired up.

Run the FB Belly and cram it up ther poop shoot!
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

No question Ironton and it wasn’t even close. Sloppy, overweight linemen, no speed and no skill. A mercy rule game that questioned why they were in the state final. Served once again to question why ,after they muscle weak SEO teams, should they be in the playoffs at that level ? Over rated as usual.

Have gun, will travel
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

BigChuck wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:54 pm
Ironton couldn’t have even won the Div 6 or 7 championships either in my opinion...it’s a shame Coldwater couldn’t play Kirtland, I don’t think they’d have won but they would’ve put up a fight... guess the only #RestoreTheRoar was by the Real Tiger - Tiger LaVerde!! #That!
It would have been fun to play Coldwater. Those guys play hard, make plays and don’t quit coming at you. Van Wert and Chardon would have been fun too. Anything over that level (Hoban or St. X) I think we would be outmatched

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Clay Alexander
Waterboy

Post by Clay Alexander »

Paladin wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:53 am No question Ironton and it wasn’t even close. Sloppy, overweight linemen, no speed and no skill. A mercy rule game that questioned why they were in the state final. Served once again to question why ,after they muscle weak SEO teams, should they be in the playoffs at that level ? Over rated as usual.
Yep, I agree. I watched a lot of film on Ironton and said all along they looked weak and slow. Knew they couldn't compete with a NEO team.

Have gun, will travel
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Paladin wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:53 am No question Ironton and it wasn’t even close. Sloppy, overweight linemen, no speed and no skill. A mercy rule game that questioned why they were in the state final. Served once again to question why ,after they muscle weak SEO teams, should they be in the playoffs at that level ? Over rated as usual.
Those southern ohio boys need more sushi and less mashed potatoes and cornbread.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Kirtland80 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:54 am

It would have been fun to play Coldwater. Those guys play hard, make plays and don’t quit coming at you. Van Wert and Chardon would have been fun too. Anything over that level (Hoban or St. X) I think we would be outmatched
Divisions have realigned & expanded 4 times over the years. Kirtland is right where they need to be in the smaller divisions. You would be competitive in D4 right now but for a whole playoff season it would be very, very difficult....and leave D1- D3 playoffs to the big boys. 8-)

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:11 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:54 am

Divisions have realigned & expanded 4 times over the years. Kirtland is right where they need to be in the smaller divisions. You would be competitive in D4 right now but for a whole playoff season it would be very, very difficult....and leave D1- D3 playoffs to the big boys. 8-)
We’d win D4. We stuck a running clock on Lake Catholic before pulling starters. 31-0. Preps likes us by 10 over Van Wert and we were only favored by 7 against Ironton. D3 would be harder but we’d make a good run in there. D2 and D1 forget it

6O HORN3TS 🐝
thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Kirtland80 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:47 am D7 and D2 weren’t really big surprises. Hoban and New Bremen were favored pretty heavily. I didn’t expect the D1 or the D5 scores though
WHOA!!! Do I need to pull the post up where you disagreed with me and said Massillon would give them a game? :D

Return to “Football”