Ugly Incident Of Violent Rage in Texas High School Football

Post by Omega »

The video speaks for itself.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Ugly Incident Of Violent Rage in Texas High School Football

Post by wobycat »

That kid is probably going to see some juvenile time.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Yeah this one is all over the news, I hope the official is ok and the young man gets what is needed.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

According to news reports he has had a similar incident in soccer. I hope he gets the help he needs as well.
Last edited by FIDO on Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

1. Agree with Chief02.

2. I found it interesting that the other team had some players go after the player who crushed the ref.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I agree, no place on this site and in our country for stereotypes and prejudices. SEO, and Appalachia in general, isnt any different than inner cities, and in some aspects it is a lot worse.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

wobycat wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:12 am That kid is probably going to see some juvenile time.
He’s 18 so he’s gonna see some time alright

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I agree with him being ejected but I don’t agree with punishing the team by removing them from the playoffs. The coach and players didn’t do it. One player did. The whole team shouldn’t be punished by the actions of one

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I agree mad dogg. Not fair for the rest of the team unless there is something we don't know like previous problems with this team causing problems. It looked like one of the coaches was trying to chase him down and prevent him from doing it but didn't get there in time.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

FIDO wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:46 pm According to news reports he has had a similar incident in soccer. I hope he gets the help he needs as well.
I can't imagine that dude also playing soccer.

Football Historian
Riding the Bench

Post by Football Historian »

He is a good wrestler. Just blew a possible wrestling scholarship.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:56 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:12 am That kid is probably going to see some juvenile time.
He’s 18 so he’s gonna see some time alright
Yeah right. He will get diversion for this :lol:

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2020 ... by-player/

a couple of copy and pasted facts from this article:

"Duron, 18, was charged with a class A assault during an arraignment Friday at the Edinburg Municipal Court. He was released in the evening after a cash surety bond of $10,000 was posted through O. Castaneda Bail Bonds."

“The UIL (University Interscholastic League) has made it clear to Interim Superintendent Gilbert Garza Jr. that UIL would have removed the football team from the playoffs if the district did not withdraw the team,” the Edinburg CISD statement said. “Under Texas law and district policy, the interim superintendent was authorized to move forward with the decision. Mr. Garza has confirmed this after consulting with the district’s legal counsel.”

My opinion: Harsh consequences for a harsh transgression, however I feel these incidents need to dealt with in this way. I sincerely hope the young man gets his deserved discipline from the law and I hope he get the help he needs... He is still young man who has a very long life ahead and hopefully will learn from his action....

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

PopeSnoopDogThe1st wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:24 am https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2020 ... by-player/

a couple of copy and pasted facts from this article:

"Duron, 18, was charged with a class A assault during an arraignment Friday at the Edinburg Municipal Court. He was released in the evening after a cash surety bond of $10,000 was posted through O. Castaneda Bail Bonds."

“The UIL (University Interscholastic League) has made it clear to Interim Superintendent Gilbert Garza Jr. that UIL would have removed the football team from the playoffs if the district did not withdraw the team,” the Edinburg CISD statement said. “Under Texas law and district policy, the interim superintendent was authorized to move forward with the decision. Mr. Garza has confirmed this after consulting with the district’s legal counsel.”

My opinion: Harsh consequences for a harsh transgression, however I feel these incidents need to dealt with in this way. I sincerely hope the young man gets his deserved discipline from the law and I hope he get the help he needs... He is still young man who has a very long life ahead and hopefully will learn from his action....
Agreed. Very unfortunate for his team. However, I agree with the decision. What you allow, you encourage. This type of behavior can not be swept under the rug or it will continue.

Return to “Football”