Varsity

Re: Ironton v Burg 2021

Post by artisgilmore »

Must be dad or his best buddy. :D

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

With all the Facebook posts, Twitter, etc; High School Players now think they're in College, that they are owed something instead of waiting their time and earning it. It's really rediculous and the two programs mentioned here are the worst in the area. Programs where coaches aren't constantly on Social Media kissing players behinds and patting themselves on the back are now in the wrong because these programs do, with Ironton being far and away the worst.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

wobycat wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:45 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:11 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:48 am

Old yabbadabba is being a little petty. Both kids got plenty of touches and touchdowns. Doing a little research on burg football.com, would negate his argument. Not only did both get more rushing carries combined than all other players on team, they had more rushing touchdowns combined of all other running backs as well.

Anyone can say what if at the Waverly game because the play called didn’t work. In fact, if you look at this years stats, burg was pretty balanced in offense.

Be judges of your self though. Link to stats:

http://www.burgfootball.com/uploads/1/1 ... fense_.pdf

Just going on what I heard!! From the source!!

I don’t really care that you think it’s petty. The kid got yanked every time the Burg got inside the 5. Just something odd about that. Lot of people noticed that. I bet all of his TD’s came on runs outside the 10.

You don’t think he should have been in the game against Waverly when they had the ball on the 1 foot line? You don’t have a clue then about football. If like you say the stats speak for themselves, he’s your best back just not in goal line situations. Come on man!!
What's odd about it? Outside of the Waverly game, tell me how many times he didn't get a carry inside the 10 when he should have. And you will have to be specific, because I watched all of the games and can't think of a scenario of him where he absolutely needed to be in there. What I noticed from the stats is that the dad should have been ecstatic for the amount of touches the sophomores got, doesn't happen that often. I promise you holden, horsley and matthews didn't get near the touches as these boys got. I would even bet you that the sophomore kid from Ironton probably got less touches.

Plenty of times he didn't get the ball on the goal line. How many times did Richardson get the ball? He had I think two TD's according to the stats you shared. You can't let a player bust his ass running up and down the field and he gets it to the goal line and then you yank him!! That's not going to set well with anyone. Parent or kid or fans!!!!

You really don't think he should have been in the game when Burg had then ball on the foot line against Waverly? Let me run down the sequence of plays. 1st down was a handoff to Swords who lost 4 yards. 2nd down I believe was a QB keeper by Gregg. 3rd down I can't remember and 4th down was a QB keeper by Sanderlin who had hardly ran that play all year. He tried to jump over the line from the 4 yard line! Come on Man!!!! You don't think they should have handed off to Lattimore all 4 times if they had to????

He should have gotten the majority of the touches because he was by far the best back on the team, Sophomore or not. His dad was ecstatic about the amount of touches but just curious as to why he always got yanked inside the 5.

Horsley and Mathews had better players on the team there Sophomore year and Holden was a wideout his Sophomore year and wasn't the main focus on offense. Dyer was the QB Holden's Sophomore year and he ran a lot. They passed some but Holden wasn't the go to guy.

The Ironton statement is just absurd because why would they run a Sophomore more than Carrico this year!!!!

By the way, I'm neither the Dad or friends of the family. Just a fan that observed everything his Dad told me what was happening. I know he fumbled on the 1 yard line against Chillicothe. That was the only fumble he had all year. Surely that wouldn't be the reason you yank him on the goal line.
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:13 pm With all the Facebook posts, Twitter, etc; High School Players now think they're in College, that they are owed something instead of waiting their time and earning it. It's really rediculous and the two programs mentioned here are the worst in the area. Programs where coaches aren't constantly on Social Media kissing players behinds and patting themselves on the back are now in the wrong because these programs do, with Ironton being far and away the worst.
I agree

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:15 pm
SWHITE2002 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:13 pm With all the Facebook posts, Twitter, etc; High School Players now think they're in College, that they are owed something instead of waiting their time and earning it. It's really rediculous and the two programs mentioned here are the worst in the area. Programs where coaches aren't constantly on Social Media kissing players behinds and patting themselves on the back are now in the wrong because these programs do, with Ironton being far and away the worst.
I agree
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Jackson Football wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:51 pm Where is the game next year ?
It should be at burg considering that’s where it was supposed to be this past season when it was removed from the schedule due to covid but arbiter live shows it at ironton which would make two straight yrs it’s at tank

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:46 pm
It should be at burg considering that’s where it was supposed to be this past season when it was removed from the schedule due to covid but arbiter live shows it at ironton which would make two straight yrs it’s at tank
At ironton because it’s their year to host. Changing it would mess up everyone’s schedule

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:02 pm
At ironton because it’s their year to host. Changing it would mess up everyone’s schedule

Agreed with that cat....stay the course....I’m sure the kids won’t mind where it is up n down 52...just as long as they get to suit up and butt heads under the lights of Friday night......sure ALOT of people feel the same way......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

How long until this thread starts getting crowded again? Nothing like some good ole spring time banter for a late summer football game lol
Burg by 21

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:24 pm How long until this thread starts getting crowded again? Nothing like some good ole spring time banter for a late summer football game lol
Burg by 21
It's not hard to rekindle. Watch and learn....... Burg by 17+

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

I agree with this. Ironton is the worst. Ironton Football Facebook page is almost as good as Arnoton Ohio Facebook page.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Can’t wait for the beatdown Ironton is going to give Gallia this year.Nothing wrong with praising kids when they do positive things. :roll:

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:02 pm

Mad-Dogg was lettin it be known for the game to be at Burg...he wasn’t gonna let a home game against the bitter rival go without a fight and his thoughts of just where this game oughtta be played in 2021.....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

wobycat wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:09 pm
PirateFan[69] wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:24 pm How long until this thread starts getting crowded again? Nothing like some good ole spring time banter for a late summer football game lol
Burg by 21
It's not hard to rekindle. Watch and learn....... Burg by 17+
:lol:

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Can’t wait for this game! Will be interesting to see what these 2 programs have after losing some really good talent especially for Ironton.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Has the free agency already begun at both schools? That will determine a lot.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:36 am Has the free agency already begun at both schools? That will determine a lot.
That’s hilarious, but about the truth. Any new transfers for either school?

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

GalliaTribe wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:56 pm
I agree with this. Ironton is the worst. Ironton Football Facebook page is almost as good as Arnoton Ohio Facebook page.
Im confused.. Whats wrong with getting kids attention from colleges using social media? How is trying to set kids up for better odds at the next level a bad thing?

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:39 pm
GalliaTribe wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:56 pm
Im confused.. Whats wrong with getting kids attention from colleges using social media? How is trying to set kids up for better odds at the next level a bad thing?
There isn’t anything wrong with it, except it is at the wrong school. Some posters on here are jealous they or their kids didn’t get the attention so no
one should. I appreciate any coach or program that shines the light on the kids.

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Burg has no QB or offensive line but they always come to play.
Ironton 35
Burg 17

Return to “Football”