Fairland / West

Westfan
SEOP

Fairland / West

Post by Westfan »

Game to be played at Portsmouth

Fairland off a nice run in the playoffs. Both teams return alot of playmakers. I think this has the potential to be a great game.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: Fairland / West

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Fairland graduated a good bit from that playoff team including Gavin hunt the best player. West wins this by 7 or more.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

They return a lot though. Really good running back in Brumfield

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

History of West vs Fairland

West leads the series at 24-7.

All time points scored against each other West - 788 Fairland- 361

Don’t know much about Fairland but have heard they will be a tough out. After seeing the scrimmage I was pretty impressed. I know Peak is not Waverly or Burg, but we ran with ease. Probably averaging close to 10 yards a carry. Loved watching Sissel and Potter run. Extremely physical and only being a junior and sophomore is very promising. Defense flew to the ball. I think they forced 2 interceptions and a fumble in 2 quarters. Also nice to see the addition of a soccer player at Kicker, looked solid at 3 attempts. I’m gonna say 27-18 West.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Big points game for both teams. Fairland has to be confident with their retuning players and recent success. I got a hunch that they meat their match here though. I think West is the surprise team in the area. Several good classes coming and they competed last year with predominantly sophomores

Richard Noggin
Riding the Bench

Post by Richard Noggin »

SiderBlood wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:55 pm History of West vs Fairland

Don’t know much about Fairland but have heard they will be a tough out. After seeing the scrimmage I was pretty impressed. I know Peak is not Waverly or Burg, but we ran with ease. Probably averaging close to 10 yards a carry. Loved watching Sissel and Potter run. Extremely physical and only being a junior and sophomore is very promising. Defense flew to the ball. I think they forced 2 interceptions and a fumble in 2 quarters. Also nice to see the addition of a soccer player at Kicker, looked solid at 3 attempts. I’m gonna say 27-18 West.
Their both juniors aren't they.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Richard Noggin wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:36 am

I was told Potter was a sophomore, but I do not know that for a fact. He could be a junior, I just heard in the stands he was a sophomore.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Fairland 34-20

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Richard Noggin wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:36 am

You are correct, they are both juniors.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Didn't West have a freshman that was really good last season? He not in the mix running the ball now?

Also....did Fairland get in some transfers? I heard (and I take all HS rumor mill info with a grain of salt) that several of Chesapeake's top players left for Fairland. Is this correct?

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:21 pm Didn't West have a freshman that was really good last season? He not in the mix running the ball now?

Also....did Fairland get in some transfers? I heard (and I take all HS rumor mill info with a grain of salt) that several of Chesapeake's top players left for Fairland. Is this correct?
Jase Hurd was an up and comer but he moved to Waverly. Family moved. Justified departure but definitly hurt us a little.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

SiderBlood wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:10 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:21 pm Didn't West have a freshman that was really good last season? He not in the mix running the ball now?

Jase Hurd was an up and comer but he moved to Waverly. Family moved. Justified departure but definitly hurt us a little.
I am aware of Hurd.

I was thinking maybe his name was Bishop? I may have schools confused.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:32 pm

I am aware of Hurd.

I was thinking maybe his name was Bishop? I may have schools confused.
Yes, Bishop is a speed demon. Completely slipped my mind.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Jase Hurd was at Waverly last year as a Freshman. His cousin Quinton Hurd moved to Waverly over the winter and played baseball for Waverly this past season. Both are sophomores I believe.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

West losing their coach will hurt them this year.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

This should be a good one. Excited to football is here.

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

How many starters does Fairland return offensively and defensively?

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Is this a Friday or Saturday kickoff?

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:13 pm Is this a Friday or Saturday kickoff?
Saturday at your place

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I think this game will be close for a half, but then West pulls away in the second half. I know nothing about either team, just that Fairland lost some players to graduation and West has a solid group coming up. But I'll root for the SOC. West wins.

Return to “Football”