August 27, 2021 Ironton 13 - 10 Jackson (Game of the Year)

Ed Ott
Varsity

Re: Week 2… Jackson @ Ironton

Post by Ed Ott »

I can’t see how this works well for the Ironmen. I just can’t. Ironton will own the line of scrimmage. Jackson can’t live in this game by not touching the ball carrier until already 6 yards down the field and going downhill. Too much to handle. It would be great if our FAC foe would find a way in this one but from what I watched of Ironton-Burg and this same Jackson team couldn’t do what it took to beat the Cavs last year (no WVU recruit blocking this year) I simply see Ironton big in this one. Jackson looked clumsy alot and mis-timed running the ball on Logan other than the long runs and Ironton isn’t giving up any long runs. Ironton 40-7

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Good luck ironmen

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Well…week one was good after the early issues but looks like many think they have a lot to prove. This isn’t a gimme game. I expect Jackson to compete and compete well. Experienced staff and talented players. A blowout like many are predicting would be very disappointing. Big players have to make big plays when the opportunity comes. Big boy pants for everyone.

Good Luck! I’ll be there cheering.

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

Agree with 92, Ironmen we’re definitely coy on their play calling. Coaching staff and players had seen Logan scrimmage and knew what they had. Ironmen will bring their “A” game to Tank stadium!!!!!

ITigers
Waterboy

Post by ITigers »

After last night, ironton definitely establishes itself as a lights out run defense. However, can they defend the deep ball? And what a qb controversy brewing. Qb2 was very electric and poised. His feet are dangerous and his arm is coming around. He has led ironton now to a win over midland in scrimmage and over burg. Will be interesting to see what happens from here

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Jon Wiley was a Qb up to last year when he switched to WR. He is a very good athlete as was his dad, who was Qb for the Tigers in the 80's and is the current Tigers head baseball coach. I don't see a Qb controversy brewing. Jon deserves to be under center against the Ironmen.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

QB2 did exactly what a QB2 is supposed to do in a situation like that. Step up in the middle of game with little to no letdown snd in this case proved himself. Great job to that young man for doing his Job. QB1 was there under center to start the season for Itown and Pendleton didn’t have him there for just because. He had him there for good reason and unless he’s still injured or less than 100% I can’t imagine Pendleton handin his job over because QB2 executed. What Pendleton did find out was that if this situation ever happened again on the crash course to Ironton/Kirtland III he’s got a kid that can step in and do it well.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

OVC over the FAC in this one. Ironton owns this series and this won’t be any different.

Running clock by late 3rd quarter

VC94
Riding the Bench

Post by VC94 »

Ill say it now and many times over, Jackson will win the league games and games they’ve “supposed “ to win. When they face the Tri Valley’s or Ironton’s they poop down their leg. With their facilities and recruiting they should dominate southeastern ohio. But they don’t. Ironton by 3 scores

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Vik wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:57 pm OVC over the FAC in this one. Ironton owns this series and this won’t be any different.

Running clock by late 3rd quarter
do agree.............tiggers ..........big.............

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

This is going to be a Defensive battle. I believe we’ll see Keyes for the Fighting Tigers get more carries this week, he’s a stud when he gets the ball.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

countywide35 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:51 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:42 am
Abe Froman wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:39 am

I think I am feeling this also, have not seen Jackson in person obviously but Ironton is so physical at the mesh point. Sort of anticipate a similar score to the Ironton-Burg game I think.
I mean it’s just a scrimmage so I mean you can’t put too much into it but Ashland and jackson played pretty evenly and Ashland just lost to Raceland last night and never lead at any point in the game

Not sure this Version of Ashland is quite the same as previous years……totally off this game but is your fam still playin at GA or is he gone….
He is still playing senior this year but he is currently injured

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i'm so happy to see ironton rolling the burg. it feels good to be right this ship. who knows, they might play twice. jackson is always a big game. so glad to have renewed this rivalry. southern ohio needs this. my thoughts on ironton are that they look pretty solid in just about everything. if we get our passing game zeroed in, we could be a hard out. and our defense was on the burgs qb all night.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck to the burg this year. they'll win a lot of games this year. my question is can ironton be that strong. we'll know more after the jackson game. or is wheelersburg that down. it was the least physical burg team i'd seen in 20 years. but understand i don't know anything about whether the had injuries, or covid stuff.i have my doubts about the schools being able to stay in session, after about a month more. 2 very hard games to begin for th fighting tigers.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Lavon Helm
Riding the Bench

Post by Lavon Helm »

frankie wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:47 pm Jon Wiley was a Qb up to last year when he switched to WR. He is a very good athlete as was his dad, who was Qb for the Tigers in the 80's and is the current Tigers head baseball coach. I don't see a Qb controversy brewing. Jon deserves to be under center against the Ironmen.
I agree with everything you said…but to not age his dad too much, he actually was QB in the mid 90s:) His dad stepped in to start a game as a sophomore against a Cincinnati team if I recall correctly. So he definitely has someone he can talk to about the situation.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Jackson’s previous wins at Ironton:

2011: 28-22
1969: 24-19
1911: 5-0
1910: 11-0

Ironton owns a 34-9-7 all-time record vs Jackson.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Jackson getting zero chance sounds like. Ironmen need to go prepared for the most physical game of their lives because I’m afraid it will be . Win or lose this game will do nothing but help Jackson prepare for the rest of the season and the playoffs. Hope it’s an injury free game.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Archbishop Moeller42. Lakota East 27.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:56 am Archbishop Moeller42. Lakota East 27.
I looked at moellers schedule. They play Louisville trinity this week. Props to ironton but they have no reason to schedule that game.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005

Return to “Football”