August 27, 2021 Ironton 13 - 10 Jackson (Game of the Year)

XandOs
Varsity

Re: Week 2… Jackson @ Ironton

Post by XandOs »

Lakota East and Cinncinatti Sycamore is a rivalry game. That game seems to always be close. Btw. Ironton just about put a running clock of Sycamore last year. Be careful what you ask for.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Ironton big
41 13

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Grizzly&Gatorade wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:56 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:04 am This is going to be a great game, the trenches will be fun to watch in this one, going to be a slobber knocker. The Fighting Tigers need to clean up some penalties and don’t allow any long pass plays. The LB’s need to be ready for the Ironmen. I was really surprised with Irontons backup QB play this week, don’t know if Carpenter will be ready to go or not.

Go Fighting Tigers…….
Wait until you see Jackson's back-up QB! Errrrr maybe he's a fullback? I think a RB... Sheesh IDK. Jackson has some athletes, and the ability to go down field. I'm excited for this one!
What’s up with Jackson QB? He is a great player. Size and speed

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

14U wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:54 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:04 am This is going to be a great game, the trenches will be fun to watch in this one, going to be a slobber knocker. The Fighting Tigers need to clean up some penalties and don’t allow any long pass plays. The LB’s need to be ready for the Ironmen. I was really surprised with Irontons backup QB play this week, don’t know if Carpenter will be ready to go or not.

Go Fighting Tigers…….
Wait until you see Jackson's back-up QB! Errrrr maybe he's a fullback? I think a RB... Sheesh IDK. Jackson has some athletes, and the ability to go down field. I'm excited for this one!
Which one? The one that plays QB and can sling it and then play running back and a great linebacker?….or the QB that can sling it, play running back and a great linebacker? Both can also run well from QB position and both have excellent hands as receivers.

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:15 pm

Which one? The one that plays QB and can sling it and then play running back and a great linebacker?….or the QB that can sling it, play running back and a great linebacker? Both can also run well from QB position and both have excellent hands as receivers.
I think you meant to say, which one? The River Valley recruit or the Vinton County recruit?

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

WellstonLover wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:51 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:15 pm

I think you meant to say, which one? The River Valley recruit or the Vinton County recruit?
Vc has a wellston recruit . It’s like a game of uno

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:23 am i'm so happy to see ironton rolling the burg. it feels good to be right this ship. who knows, they might play twice. jackson is always a big game. so glad to have renewed this rivalry. southern ohio needs this. my thoughts on ironton are that they look pretty solid in just about everything. if we get our passing game zeroed in, we could be a hard out. and our defense was on the burgs qb all night.

Where in the world have you been ?!! And how the hell are ya !

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i'm doing fine brother. the divorce knocked my bubble off center. been 2 years as of yesterday. having terrible back troubles and i have a huge yard/house to maintain. i had my other knee replaced dec 21st. been recouping from all the snazzy stuff. mostly just needed some time to get to know me again.
it's good to post as well as hearing from you. God is seeing me through this day after day. but after being married for 33 years. i must admit i was as lost as last years easter eggs the 1st year. not dating anyone, nor have i been on a date yet. just trying to get some big projects done.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i have missed ya'll. i never quit posting because of anything to do with this site, i love it here. just been staying very busy. it's probably been 14/15 months since i last posted.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:23 pm i have missed ya'll. i never quit posting because of anything to do with this site, i love it here. just been staying very busy. it's probably been 14/15 months since i last posted.

For sure been awhile

Good week to come back

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Should be a good game.
Adjustments will be the key Ironton's pass defense needs work on the secondary end they played well on a short field and kept Burg out of the end zone and Dominated the LOS but the pass defense showed severe cracks in it.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Major implications for both teams. Let’s see who are true iron kings

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

ITigers wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:03 pm After last night, ironton definitely establishes itself as a lights out run defense. However, can they defend the deep ball? And what a qb controversy brewing. Qb2 was very electric and poised. His feet are dangerous and his arm is coming around. He has led ironton now to a win over midland in scrimmage and over burg. Will be interesting to see what happens from here
Only one returning starter in Irontons secondary BUT to really test that Jackson has to win against Irontons D front. Tough task.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

fielddaddy wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:01 pm Should be a good game.
Adjustments will be the key Ironton's pass defense needs work on the secondary end they played well on a short field and kept Burg out of the end zone and Dominated the LOS but the pass defense showed severe cracks in it.
Yes. Only one returning starter. Thats the weakness. Gonna have to grow up quick.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:58 pm This is going to be a Defensive battle. I believe we’ll see Keyes for the Fighting Tigers get more carries this week, he’s a stud when he gets the ball.
Big. Long. Fast. And he is also really good on defense.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Irontons will get more fight at the poa from Jackson. Remains to be seen what kinda push and who gets the advantage. Ironton should feature Keys in backfield and let Howard & co fill in and get reps. At QB, I think Wylie has the rhythm right now. He should go ahead and start friday night and bring Carpenter along accordingly. Both are very good at what they do. Carpenter bring a buncha big game experience, Wylie is an athlete and a playmaker. Kid doesn't play or act like he is afraid of the moment. And between the two I think Wylie has more dual threat ability.

A QB "controversy" only happens when a staff handles it poorly and/or players are emotionally immature. A team w a collective purpose can handle any change with poise and move forward and focused.

Irontons defensive line and linebackers are the gem of SEO. It doesn't get much better.

Irontons wideout combos and especially Perkins/Masters/Duncan/Wilson/Keys/ etc etc etc is deep. Lotta motivation to open up the playbook.

Irontons offensive line ok. Lotta penalties up front. Need to clean that up and continue tryin to get their blocks to the 2nd level. If they can be consistent and allow a big, fast back like Keys to find a rhythm where he really starts seeing his spots and things slow down for him visually, he is gonna be really difficult to contain and is gonna start gettin you 7/8 yards per carry. And if that happens Wylie is gonna be really worrisome for defenses w his arm and his legs.

Irontons secondary is the area to pay attention to. One returning starter along w a bunch of youth.

Ironton needs to be more careful on sp team fielding kicks. Dont force it and take unnecessary risk.

mackdog
Freshman Team

Post by mackdog »

Jackson has the talent to compete and win this game. It'll take a clean effort with penalties and turnovers kept to a minimum. Most won't give the Ironmen a chance and that's fine. They'll go down 93 and give the Tigers all they want. Cant wait !

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Being honest,I doubt it.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:45 am Irontons will get more fight at the poa from Jackson. Remains to be seen what kinda push and who gets the advantage. Ironton should feature Keys in backfield and let Howard & co fill in and get reps. At QB, I think Wylie has the rhythm right now. He should go ahead and start friday night and bring Carpenter along accordingly. Both are very good at what they do. Carpenter bring a buncha big game experience, Wylie is an athlete and a playmaker. Kid doesn't play or act like he is afraid of the moment. And between the two I think Wylie has more dual threat ability.

A QB "controversy" only happens when a staff handles it poorly and/or players are emotionally immature. A team w a collective purpose can handle any change with poise and move forward and focused.

Irontons defensive line and linebackers are the gem of SEO. It doesn't get much better.

Irontons wideout combos and especially Perkins/Masters/Duncan/Wilson/Keys/ etc etc etc is deep. Lotta motivation to open up the playbook.

Irontons offensive line ok. Lotta penalties up front. Need to clean that up and continue tryin to get their blocks to the 2nd level. If they can be consistent and allow a big, fast back like Keys to find a rhythm where he really starts seeing his spots and things slow down for him visually, he is gonna be really difficult to contain and is gonna start gettin you 7/8 yards per carry. And if that happens Wylie is gonna be really worrisome for defenses w his arm and his legs.

Irontons secondary is the area to pay attention to. One returning starter along w a bunch of youth.

Ironton needs to be more careful on sp team fielding kicks. Dont force it and take unnecessary risk.
I agree, great assessment.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:20 pm i'm doing fine brother. the divorce knocked my bubble off center. been 2 years as of yesterday. having terrible back troubles and i have a huge yard/house to maintain. i had my other knee replaced dec 21st. been recouping from all the snazzy stuff. mostly just needed some time to get to know me again.
it's good to post as well as hearing from you. God is seeing me through this day after day. but after being married for 33 years. i must admit i was as lost as last years easter eggs the 1st year. not dating anyone, nor have i been on a date yet. just trying to get some big projects done.

Great to see you post on here.
Keep hanging tough & i got you in my prayers.
GoTigersGo .

Return to “Football”