August 27, 2021 Ironton 13 - 10 Jackson (Game of the Year)

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Re: Week 2… Jackson @ Ironton

Post by Chilli_Dawg_614 »

I think this is gonna be a very good game.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:57 pm I’ll be making my first trip to Ironton for football since I think week 10 of 1995? That did NOT go well.
Ironton’s starting QB that week was a kid named Wylie…

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

TigerBob wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:45 am
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:57 pm I’ll be making my first trip to Ironton for football since I think week 10 of 1995? That did NOT go well.
Ironton’s starting QB that week was a kid named Wylie…
Cool…..not cool is that this game will be 55-60 degrees warmer than that one.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:20 pm
Flexworth wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:07 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:01 pm

That whole paragraph was just sheer utter stupidity.
How?! Are you telling me Chillicothe was the better team last year? Are you telling me Tri Valley was the better team ? Come on buddy
You do realize that Jackson lost almost all its line , backfield , quarterback , defensive line , and secondary from the previous year . But all good , haters will hate.
brother, i admire the ironmen program. sometimes it works out that way that a team is senior laden and can be greatly affected by graduation. it just goes in cycles. that's exacyly why it is so important to get reserves in , anytime you can, with big leads. but the good news for ironmen fans is that they a much lager school than ironton at d5. and jackson being d3, at least you have more boys to choose from. and you have a great coach in todd. so i see a quick uprising in ironman nation. ======== hopefully it starts right after the game with ironton tonight.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Game will be decided in the trenches. Jackson’s DLine can not be drove back into the linebackers. They must fall down and create a pile rather than being drove. CUT EM at the line do not lose an inch keep the backers free to make plays. Jackson was very impressive in pass protection. Can ironton defend the whole field? Spread em out hit the digs slants. ironton will be blitzing find the open man test secondary early and often. I just can’t see the 40 to 7 beating. Don’t be surprised to see a dog fight tonight! Go Ironmen!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Trojan_Explosion79 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:40 pm
mackdog wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:40 pm I've heard rumors of limited/restricted seating for this game? Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? This sure would make it hard on folks who can't get there super early!
Whats more plentiful in SEO.

Masks.
Seats
Or .... chins?
First new post for "Trojan_Explosion79" is on an Ironton football thread crapping all over SE Ohio? This sounds familiar...*

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Ironton secondary is tiny and slow. 76 is a beast at nose tackle he has good feet and uses hands well. I’d cut him chop him down every play he goes both ways. 24 at DE is quick and a disrupter screen him or draw. he’s wide open open rush lanes for big 7 or 15! Ironton offense likes to run left when it counts will even run to boundary . They like to show strong right just to run left. 56 is the weak link at right guard on the o line. Keying on keys might not be a bad idea #7. Jackson has more depth and ironton has very questionable #2s. It’s gonna be a hot one this has to favor the Ironmen. I see Ironton as very beatable. Jackson’s offense is faster than Burg. Jackson is bigger and more physical than burg. Game on!

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Good luck to the Tigers tonight

6O HORN3TS 🐝
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:15 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:20 pm
Flexworth wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:07 pm

How?! Are you telling me Chillicothe was the better team last year? Are you telling me Tri Valley was the better team ? Come on buddy
You do realize that Jackson lost almost all its line , backfield , quarterback , defensive line , and secondary from the previous year . But all good , haters will hate.
brother, i admire the ironmen program. sometimes it works out that way that a team is senior laden and can be greatly affected by graduation. it just goes in cycles. that's exacyly why it is so important to get reserves in , anytime you can, with big leads. but the good news for ironmen fans is that they a much lager school than ironton at d5. and jackson being d3, at least you have more boys to choose from. and you have a great coach in todd. so i see a quick uprising in ironman nation. ======== hopefully it starts right after the game with ironton tonight.

Boy did you ever Dance around the Bush and ease a last sentence in there. Hahaha.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

allamericanironman wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:38 am Ironton secondary is tiny and slow. 76 is a beast at nose tackle he has good feet and uses hands well. I’d cut him chop him down every play he goes both ways. 24 at DE is quick and a disrupter screen him or draw. he’s wide open open rush lanes for big 7 or 15! Ironton offense likes to run left when it counts will even run to boundary . They like to show strong right just to run left. 56 is the weak link at right guard on the o line. Keying on keys might not be a bad idea #7. Jackson has more depth and ironton has very questionable #2s. It’s gonna be a hot one this has to favor the Ironmen. I see Ironton as very beatable. Jackson’s offense is faster than Burg. Jackson is bigger and more physical than burg. Game on!

Awesome …..

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

This game here is why you play at programs like these.

It’s gonna be rockin in the Tank under the lights of Friday Night.

Enjoy every minute of it tonight boys of fall..it truly is on.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

I believe this is a huge moment for the 2021 Ironmen win or lose. They are probably the underdogs in this one which is fine. But this is the kind of game where you find out what kind of team you have. When the going gets tough are we gonna fight or lay down? All the great ironmen teams in the past always had 11 guys on the field that would just not back down to anyone. Tonight we find out if this team is made up of guys like that. If we want it we gotta go take it

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

28-17 ironton

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Dog fight in the trenches. Ironton wins 3-0

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Tiggers 41.........Tinmen 19..............

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironmen34 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:02 pm I believe this is a huge moment for the 2021 Ironmen win or lose. They are probably the underdogs in this one which is fine. But this is the kind of game where you find out what kind of team you have. When the going gets tough are we gonna fight or lay down? All the great ironmen teams in the past always had 11 guys on the field that would just not back down to anyone. Tonight we find out if this team is made up of guys like that. If we want it we gotta go take it

Well said

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Post by Chilli_Dawg_614 »

1. Ironton inexperienced secondary will have to make a few plays tonight.

2. Penalties. Ironton has to execute better tonight.

3. Turnovers. Ironton took care of the ball last week. Gotta remain consistent.

If Ironton responds well in these 3 categories. They should win.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

ironton 20 -18....

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

What time is kickoff?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironmannut07 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:20 pm What time is kickoff?

Was 730

But just as both teams were about to stretch. Lighting. Both teams sent back to locker rooms 645.

Return to “Football”