3. Frontier D7
4. Marietta D3
5. Warren D3
6. Belpre D6

Ff3233
All Conference

Re: Washington County Football

Post by Ff3233 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:30 pm How do you rank them?

1. Fort Frye D6
2. Waterford D7
3. Frontier D7
4. Marietta D3
5. Warren D3
6. Belpre D6
No one cares about washington county football because it's bad. Other than us and waterford there is nothing else to even talk about

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ff3233 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:35 pm

1. Fort Frye D6
2. Waterford D7
3. Frontier D7
4. Marietta D3
5. Warren D3
6. Belpre D6
No one cares about washington county football because it's bad. Other than us and waterford there is nothing else to even talk about
My point is the big schools are worse than the D7 schools.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

It's a sad time overall. At the fair parade, only 3 of the schools had marching bands. Are extracurricular activities having hard times in general?

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:09 pm

1. Fort Frye D6
2. Waterford D7
3. Frontier D7
4. Marietta D3
5. Warren D3
6. Belpre D6
Marietta woud beat frontier. Frontier never play anyone

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

redblue85 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:29 pm

Frontier is pretty good. They’ll play River closer than Marietta did. JD Schmitt 3 year starter at Qb is really good.

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:41 am

Frontier is pretty good. They’ll play River closer than Marietta did. JD Schmitt 3 year starter at Qb is really good.
That dont mean they would beat Marietta, can’t imagine they could hold up in trenches. Fort would definitly beat anybody in wash co, Waterford-Marietta would b good game, probably give edge to Waterford, but frontier is nothing like those 2.

TIGERSFAN08
Waterboy

Post by TIGERSFAN08 »

efarns wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:18 pm It's a sad time overall. At the fair parade, only 3 of the schools had marching bands. Are extracurricular activities having hard times in general?
Which 3 only had bands?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

redblue85 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:28 am
EasternDspy wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:41 am

That dont mean they would beat Marietta, can’t imagine they could hold up in trenches. Fort would definitly beat anybody in wash co, Waterford-Marietta would b good game, probably give edge to Waterford, but frontier is nothing like those 2.

You could say that about River. River was D7 and beat Marietta by 21. Marietta is young and is a couple years away. Frontier has a ton back from the team that won its first playoff game.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

I admittedly don't know too much about Frontier, but I have a hard time believing they would be able to beat Marietta or Warren. So far they have played Southern, Bridgeport, and a Paden City team with like 9 kids. Marietta and Warren playing that kind of schedule would look like world beaters too.

From what I've seen so far this season I'd go
1- Fort Frye
2- Waterford
3- Marietta
4- Warren
5- Frontier
6- Belpre

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

pioneer19 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:17 am I admittedly don't know too much about Frontier, but I have a hard time believing they would be able to beat Marietta or Warren. So far they have played Southern, Bridgeport, and a Paden City team with like 9 kids. Marietta and Warren playing that kind of schedule would look like world beaters too.

1- Fort Frye
2- Waterford
3- Marietta
4- Warren
5- Frontier
6- Belpre
Except Frontier returns a ton from a team that won a playoff game. Marietta and Warren are bad.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:23 am
pioneer19 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:17 am I admittedly don't know too much about Frontier, but I have a hard time believing they would be able to beat Marietta or Warren. So far they have played Southern, Bridgeport, and a Paden City team with like 9 kids. Marietta and Warren playing that kind of schedule would look like world beaters too.

1- Fort Frye
2- Waterford
3- Marietta
4- Warren
5- Frontier
6- Belpre
Except Frontier returns a ton from a team that won a playoff game. Marietta and Warren are bad.
Frontier's playoff win was against a (3-6) Fairfield Christian team that wouldn't even sniff the playoffs during a normal season. The only true playoff caliber teams Frontier saw last year were Shadyside and St. Marys, and both of those games ended in blowout losses.

Not trying to trash Frontier, it's nice to see them having success. Just saying that even though Marietta and Warren are struggling, they are still a different level of competition to what Frontier has seen so far this season. If Frontier can keep it respectable against Shadyside, and play with River later this season then I think you've got a solid argument putting them at 3. Until then though, I got them at 5

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Belpre does have a state level cross country team

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:21 pm Belpre does have a state level cross country team
Yes we do and we are very proud of them.

MttaFan
Freshman Team

Post by MttaFan »

Safe to say that after FF and Waterford there is a huge drop off, no matter the order. Which leads to the why question. FF and Waterford are small schools, adequate but not great facilities, have strong community support. Why aren't the other county schools competitive on a more regular basis? Frontier is a bit different due to size, but how often do Belpre, Warren, or Marietta have 7 win seasons? Is it the level of competition, soccer, program support?

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

MttaFan wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:56 am Safe to say that after FF and Waterford there is a huge drop off, no matter the order. Which leads to the why question. FF and Waterford are small schools, adequate but not great facilities, have strong community support. Why aren't the other county schools competitive on a more regular basis? Frontier is a bit different due to size, but how often do Belpre, Warren, or Marietta have 7 win seasons? Is it the level of competition, soccer, program support?
Warren had a culture issue and a run of two coaches (Fish and Carver) who took the program to such a low level that it’s hard to explain unless you were there. They set the program back years. Soccer and basketball being good hurt football for years, but the culture itself is improving each year. We aren’t very good this year, but the culture is not the issue. We just don’t have the Jimmies and the Joes we did last year and the year before. Hope that answers your question a bit.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

MttaFan wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:56 am Safe to say that after FF and Waterford there is a huge drop off, no matter the order. Which leads to the why question. FF and Waterford are small schools, adequate but not great facilities, have strong community support. Why aren't the other county schools competitive on a more regular basis? Frontier is a bit different due to size, but how often do Belpre, Warren, or Marietta have 7 win seasons? Is it the level of competition, soccer, program support?
Discipline, talent, coaching and work ethic. Marietta fires coaches that has discipline, it's more of the name game. Smaller schools it's talent. Warren had lots of talent last year but that was a one year wonder. Ff has jr high kids hitting the weights at 530am before school, waterford also has great participation in the weight room. Coach Huck and staff are the best around in my opinion and waterford's staff is solid as well. Don't know about other staffs, but i know for a fact how many hours ff coaches watch film, game plan, and flat out breakdown the other team. Believe me it's more time than spent on the field in practice. Ff has had an unbelievable run in talent for over a decade. Could it dry up? I hope not but it surely is possible

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ff3233 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:52 pm
Discipline, talent, coaching and work ethic. Marietta fires coaches that has discipline, it's more of the name game. Smaller schools it's talent. Warren had lots of talent last year but that was a one year wonder. Ff has jr high kids hitting the weights at 530am before school, waterford also has great participation in the weight room. Coach Huck and staff are the best around in my opinion and waterford's staff is solid as well. Don't know about other staffs, but i know for a fact how many hours ff coaches watch film, game plan, and flat out breakdown the other team. Believe me it's more time than spent on the field in practice. Ff has had an unbelievable run in talent for over a decade. Could it dry up? I hope not but it surely is possible
Kids just want it more. It’s crazy how players improve from Freshman to sophomore year. Kids that other schools would give up on after 1 year develop into huge pieces of the puzzle.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

To my earlier point, we have a very solid freshman and sophomore class, along with a good 8th grade group. Our problem has also been inconsistency in classes. We’ll have a class like the ‘21 group with good players everywhere, and then a class with only 4 players in it, 1 or 2 of which might be contributors. Once we’re over that hump, we’ll be in a much better spot. As for coaching, our head coach is doing the right things. He has good assistants and comes from a winning background. As FF fans know, it takes a while to build from the ground up.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Mister Bee wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:24 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:21 pm Belpre does have a state level cross country team
Yes we do and we are very proud of them.
As you should be!

Return to “Football”