Post by mattash »

Should be game of the week

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: WK7 Portsmouth West - Minford

Post by smurray »

Portsmouth West should take this one by a couple scores. Very impressed with Irwin and their passing attack against our Tigers last night and Sissel is a load. It will be interesting to see how the SOC2 plays out with the three orange and blacks.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

I'm taking west by 10. I think they're better than their record shows.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

It will be very interesting to see witch team can bounce back after they both were in very competitive games this past week-end.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

West can win this 100% their passing game was pretty impressive against Waverly. Run game was good against Waverly very good job by West of keeping Waverly off balance just made too many mistakes but I think they’ll get Minford

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

West leads the series 45-14-2, with 13 games decided by less than one score.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West has 3 losses to 3 of the 4 best teams in the area in Fairland, Portsmouth, and Waverly and West looked like they belonged on the field with all 3.

New coach and only 2 seniors starting you see the team get better, cleaner, and deeper into the playbook every week. West is gonna be tough to beat the rest of the season

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Westfan wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:27 pm West has 3 losses to 3 of the 4 best teams in the area in Fairland, Portsmouth, and Waverly and West looked like they belonged on the field with all 3.

New coach and only 2 seniors starting you see the team get better, cleaner, and deeper into the playbook every week. West is gonna be tough to beat the rest of the season
If you ask me West is the front runner for the SOCll next season. I know thats a long ways away but next year is their year. Doesnt mean they cant make noise this year though.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:41 pm
Westfan wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:27 pm West has 3 losses to 3 of the 4 best teams in the area in Fairland, Portsmouth, and Waverly and West looked like they belonged on the field with all 3.

If you ask me West is the front runner for the SOCll next season. I know thats a long ways away but next year is their year. Doesnt mean they cant make noise this year though.
West will be a Region Contender next year and will make noise this year. Would not surprise me if a couple guys show up next year at West to play. Everyone knows how good they’ll be and I’ve heard some rumblings especially with the huge turnaround in the basketball program

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Of course, talk is pretty one sided. I don't think this will be a high scoring game, but I'm gonna give Minford the win over the Senators on a neutral field by a field goal. . Waverly scored 3 times on West in 11 minutes of game clock and Minford was one bad snap from pulling out a win over Burg. I don't think West can beat Burg this season.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

I really dont know much about Minford. Still a shame we haven't got to be at The Rock this year but make do with what we have. We can absolutely win out. I think the best teams are behind us now,and hopefully have prepared us for the ride. I am not counting Minford out. I respect them. Same kind of hard nose kids we have.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Saw some video of the Minford/Fairland scrimmage and Minford didn’t do well. Kudos to them for turning it around and having a good season

Minford always plays West tough. Parker at quarterbac, Pica at RB, and a couple tall receivers. Minford will probably follow the same blueprint as others have; load the box to try and slow down Sissel running the ball. Then it’s up to West to continue to find ways to counter that. Should be a good game

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

mglight88 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:26 pm Of course, talk is pretty one sided. I don't think this will be a high scoring game, but I'm gonna give Minford the win over the Senators on a neutral field by a field goal. . Waverly scored 3 times on West in 11 minutes of game clock and Minford was one bad snap from pulling out a win over Burg. I don't think West can beat Burg this season.
One of those scores was a pick 6. This is the game of the week by far with both teams capable of winning, but I give West the edge. They're a solid team who seems to be improving every week. Once they find that perfect balance between run/pass they're going to be hard to stop. Dont count them out of that Burg game just yet.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well if history has taught us anything minford always has the ability to play burg close. However their inability to pull it out over the last few years has led to downward spirals from the Falcons. I think west is really coming on and I think they take this one by 2-3 scores

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

The early season schedule for west was what they needed for SOC play down the stretch. They're coming along quite well and I like them in this one also.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

The good old Burg hangover game. Minford can’t let that happen here .

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Minford 24 west 21

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

We stand at 3-3 at 6 weeks in. We have 3 losses to three of the best teams in Southern Ohio. We have been competitive in all, with chances to win. I think this is going to benefit us in the long run. I wish we could have pulled atleast one of these out, just for a confidence stand point. We have folded in crunch time in all 3 losses. I want to see some clutchness. Absolutely have the capabilities to win out, host a playoff game, and make some noise in Region 19. I thought coach called a very good game against Waverly. For the first time this year, we looked diverse and effective. Very balanced, with some aggressive shots. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, but it kept everyone on their toes. Number 18 is a playmaker and extremely fast, but he has got to quit dancing and get the ball up the field. As a freshmen he trusted his feet and ran. He is trying to do too much now, or is scared of contact. If he would cut off of his blocker on those jet sweep, he would gain alot more. He is going straight to the sideline and it is becoming repetitive. I want to see some spark out of the kids and get some momentum rolling this Friday. Gonna say 20-7 in favor of the Orange and Black.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Interested to see how Minford rebounds from a game they should have and could have won last week vs Burg.

I expect a close and hard fought game. Right now the SOC looks like:

Waverly
West
Burg
Minford/Valley

Will be interesting to see how this plays out on the field.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I would really be surprised if West doesn't win by 2-3 scores.

Return to “Football”