Week 7 Cancellations

tigercat1
Varsity

Week 7 Cancellations

Post by tigercat1 »

Southeastern @ Piketon - Southeastern in Quarantine ...

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: Week 7 Cancellations

Post by Crab's Brother »

Piketon should reach out to Berne Union.

I think that would be a decent matchup.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:26 pm Piketon should reach out to Berne Union.

That'd be an awesome matchup

SugarGroove
Waterboy

Post by SugarGroove »

ABSOLUTELY!! Berne Union vs. Piketon would be a good game. Have it on Saturday night so we each get an extra day to prepare. Neutral field since we both want home games. Logan Chieftain Stadium??????

tigercat1
Varsity

Post by tigercat1 »

Piketon wants a home game due to having homecoming festivities.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Piketon needs to find a good team to play to prepare them for postseason…

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:26 pm Piketon should reach out to Berne Union.

Be a great match up

Wakefield.Warrior
Riding the Bench

Post by Wakefield.Warrior »

SugarGroove wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:16 pm ABSOLUTELY!! Berne Union vs. Piketon would be a good game. Have it on Saturday night so we each get an extra day to prepare. Neutral field since we both want home games. Logan Chieftain Stadium??????
They have the homecoming planned. Maybe they will 1/3 or 1/2 the gate with you not sure. Would be decent sized crowd being undefeated and homecoming night, could be a decent payday.

Kurgan74
JV Team

Post by Kurgan74 »

Green vs Notre Dame has cancelled. Green is under quarantine.

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

SugarGroove wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:16 pm ABSOLUTELY!! Berne Union vs. Piketon would be a good game. Have it on Saturday night so we each get an extra day to prepare. Neutral field since we both want home games. Logan Chieftain Stadium??????
That would be over a 60 mile trip for Piketon and is estimated at 1.5 hours to do.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Why would Berne jeopardize its positioning in Region 27? The last thing you'd want to do is drop to 4 and have to play NC sooner. The closer you can stay near the top, preferably the 2 or the 3 seed, is where you want to be in that region. I understand playing better teams to improve, but that is what each leg of the playoffs is for.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Teams that are open week 7

CIncinnati Finneytown
Columbus Bishop Hartley
Columbus Centennial
Columbus Mifflin (not playing)
Columbus Whetstone
New Matamoras Frontier (not playing)
Norton
Ravenna
Reading
Shadyside
Sugar Grove Berne Union
(Youngstown East-Howland) cancelled.

Games that have been canceled with who is open week 7:

Woodmore at Rossford for 10/1
Berlin Center Western Reserve @ McDonald - Cancelled (Western Reserve looking)
Columbus East @ Northland - Cancelled
Jackson-Milton @ Mineral Ridge - Cancelled (Mineral Ridge looking)
Louisville St. Thomas Aquinas @ Cambridge - Cancelled (Cambridge looking)
Lowellville @ Sebring-McKinley - Cancelled (Lowellville looking)
Portsmouth Notre Dame @ Franklin Furnace Green - Cancelled (Portsmouth ND looking)
Jaskson-Milton @ Mineral Ridge is canceled.
Berlin Center Western Reserve @ McDonald - Cancelled (Western Reserve looking)
Columbus East @ Northland - Cancelled
Jackson-Milton @ Mineral Ridge - Cancelled (Mineral Ridge looking)
Lowellville @ Sebring-McKinley - Cancelled (Lowellville looking)
Akron Springfield @ Cloverleaf - Cancelled (Cloverleaf looking)
STA vs. Cambridge Cancelled- Cambridge looking

Thats approximately 25 teams across the state of Ohio. I know for a fact, several local schools have been offered.

Who exactly is Piketon supposed to pick up, remember, its their homecoming game, all activities have been planned.

Backerpitch70
Waterboy

Post by Backerpitch70 »

Cincinnati Reading would be a good matchup if possible.

SugarGroove
Waterboy

Post by SugarGroove »

old benchwarmer wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:48 pm
That would be over a 60 mile trip for Piketon and is estimated at 1.5 hours to do.
Mute point because this game isnt happening but Berne Union traveled to Coal Grove WK1 (2hr 20min drive for me from my work in Gahanna to the river) and THEN drove 2hrs to Caldwell the following Friday. So enough with the 60 mile drive for Piketon. lol. Unless your last name is Yoder and you drive a horse and buggy, a hour and half drive aint nuthin.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:17 am Why would Berne jeopardize its positioning in Region 27? The last thing you'd want to do is drop to 4 and have to play NC sooner. The closer you can stay near the top, preferably the 2 or the 3 seed, is where you want to be in that region. I understand playing better teams to improve, but that is what each leg of the playoffs is for.
I think the same with Piketon. Dropping in the region means playing a tougher team. I don’t see anyone scheduling a possible loss with a few weeks left in the season. Hopefully they at least find a game

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:17 am Why would Berne jeopardize its positioning in Region 27? The last thing you'd want to do is drop to 4 and have to play NC sooner. The closer you can stay near the top, preferably the 2 or the 3 seed, is where you want to be in that region. I understand playing better teams to improve, but that is what each leg of the playoffs is for.
They wanted Notre Dame as the pickup, to try and spike NC out of the #1 seed. It didn’t come together.

The problem is they may not make it past week 12.

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:19 am
They wanted Notre Dame as the pickup, to try and spike NC out of the #1 seed. It didn’t come together.

If east Knox wins out. I think they will would likely drop Berne to 4th and meet Trimble in and round

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:23 am
formerfcfan wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:19 am

If east Knox wins out. I think they will would likely drop Berne to 4th and meet Trimble in and round
2nd round

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

This is an interesting statement considering NO ONE has ever said, "they played a weak schedule but don't worry the playoffs will get them ready for the playoffs" LOL. I'm sorry man but you can't believe this at all so you think them getting a bye week and then playing 1 possibly quality team in week 12 is going to get them ready?? Not to mention if you look at who they've played and the teams behind them and who they play there's a real possibility they end up at 4 regardless at the best. Anyone sitting there saying well let's not play a good to get ready because we might play NC earlier, sounds sort of cowardly to me. No faith that the team will beat the team they sign if they do play a better, and then you're saying let's duck NC until we absolutely can't like Shadyside and East Knox is such a better matchup :lol: . Sometimes you have to just grow a set and step up and play someone because it' benefits your team, last 2 games they've ran a total of like 30-35 offensive plays that's just crazy.

Coal Grove--probably has 1 more win in them finishing--4-6
Eastern--probably has 1 more win in them finishing--2-8
Worthington Christian probably best shot (if the game gets played) and they're a 4-1 team sitting at #9.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

🤦🏻‍♂️ you don’t gotta do this, Bernies
Attachments
470D44BA-E922-42A9-9687-8FA5189C8D8C.jpeg

Return to “Football”