SEOP

Re: Week 8: Wheelersburg vs Waverly

Post by mlittle »

Waverly by 6

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

I’ll take Waverly 27-21 in this one. Looks like it could rain so hopefully it stays dry Friday night.

Anyone know if there’s a live stream for this one?

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Smokyhollowbandit wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:33 pm I’ll take Waverly 27-21 in this one. Looks like it could rain so hopefully it stays dry Friday night.

I think it will be on YouTube. Wheelersburg Media or Wheelersburg Sports Network.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Go Burg! Go Burg!

Burg grad 85
Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:49 pm
Smokyhollowbandit wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:33 pm I’ll take Waverly 27-21 in this one. Looks like it could rain so hopefully it stays dry Friday night.

I think it will be on YouTube. Wheelersburg Media or Wheelersburg Sports Network.
Thanks.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Tough one to pick. Burg is burg and at home. Waverly offense is so fun to watch. No huddle and fast pace. They have monster receivers but I’m picking waverly by 7 or less. I think burg will be fired up for homecoming and I read on here they have not lost a homecoming game since 71 or something like that

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:08 pm Tough one to pick. Burg is burg and at home. Waverly offense is so fun to watch. No huddle and fast pace. They have monster receivers but I’m picking waverly by 7 or less. I think burg will be fired up for homecoming and I read on here they have not lost a homecoming game since 71 or something like that

I posted that about the homecoming beer and found out I think it’s been since 2001 that Burg lost a homecoming game. Once in the 50 years I’ve lived in Burg is still pretty impressive!!

I still Burg has to control the tempo of this game with long sustained drives that ends with points on the board, hopefully touchdowns. They cannot get in a shootout with them. Burgs best defense will be there offense. Keep Waverly’s offense on the sideline as long as you can.

If this game is in the teens scoring wise I like the Burgs chances.

Thegoat11
Waterboy

Post by Thegoat11 »

WOW!
Tigers calling there shot :o
Attachments
6940705F-438E-4304-B726-15E1019918D3.jpeg

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

I think Burg O-line will control the LOS pretty effectively this week. I look for a 300 yard rushing game. What was once thought to be a weakness is now the strength of the team. Credit the staff for making personnel changes and tweaking the offense to suit the athletes. 24-14 Burg

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

My question is will the band be sitting in the stands this week and if so why don’t they pull those band bleachers up to the fence to make more seating for the fans?! Crazy to let those bleachers sit back there empty.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Blitz wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:52 am I think Burg O-line will control the LOS pretty effectively this week. I look for a 300 yard rushing game. What was once thought to be a weakness is now the strength of the team. Credit the staff for making personnel changes and tweaking the offense to suit the athletes. 24-14 Burg
I hope Waverly's defense is reading this. Completely disrespected! You're basically saying we're not "physical enough" up front and at the linebacker position. :evil:

Go Tigers!!

Pitstop Billy`
Waterboy

Post by Pitstop Billy` »

toast wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:16 pm
Blitz wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:52 am I think Burg O-line will control the LOS pretty effectively this week. I look for a 300 yard rushing game. What was once thought to be a weakness is now the strength of the team. Credit the staff for making personnel changes and tweaking the offense to suit the athletes. 24-14 Burg
I hope Waverly's defense is reading this. Completely disrespected! You're basically saying we're not "physical enough" up front and at the linebacker position. :evil:

Go Tigers!!
Yea that seems to be pretty much what he's saying. So, time to "nut up or shut up" as the saying goes. :mrgreen:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Go Tigers!!
download/file.php?id=5356&mode=view

Is it any different than the soc back to back picture, above? I hope burg players are looking at this shirt. Completely disrespectful. Lol

And I don’t think he was being disrespectful. I think he was saying. Burgs strength was once their weakness and he feels that will be the difference. That’s just an opinion. I do agree with his assessment about the offensive line. They have vastly improved running the football.

Pitstop Billy`
Waterboy

Post by Pitstop Billy` »

wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:45 pm

Go Tigers!!
download/file.php?id=5356&mode=view

Is it any different than then soc back to back picture, above? I hope burg players are looking at this shirt. Completely disrespectful. Lol

And I don’t think he was being disrespectful. I think he was saying. Burgs strength was once their weakness and he feels that will be the difference. That’s just an opinion. I do agree with his assessment about the offensive line. They have vastly improved running the football.
Yea, that's pretty brazen right there. Lots of bulletin board material provided by both teams in this game. Almost like it's a rivalry game or something. :mrgreen:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I’ve never put much stock into bulletin board material. Lol. Especially from seops. Do kids even get on chat forums? Now if that was tik tokked, then it’s on! Lol

Pitstop Billy`
Waterboy

Post by Pitstop Billy` »

wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:51 pm I’ve never put much stock into bulletin board material. Lol. Especially from seops. Do kids even get on chat forums? Now if that was tik tokked, then it’s on! Lol
I know some kids get on here and for the ones who don't the coaches let them know. Any motivation helps no matter the source but in rivalries like this one there's already plenty to go around without much outside help. :mrgreen:

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Pitstop Billy` wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:56 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:51 pm I’ve never put much stock into bulletin board material. Lol. Especially from seops. Do kids even get on chat forums? Now if that was tik tokked, then it’s on! Lol
I know some kids get on here and for the ones who don't the coaches let them know. Any motivation helps no matter the source but in rivalries like this one there's already plenty to go around without much outside help. :mrgreen:
If Waverly coaches and players are looking on here for motivation that would be sad considering the importance of this game for both teams SMH

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Thegoat11 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:47 am WOW!
Tigers calling there shot :o
That's not good. That could definitely jinx the Tigers.

PowerLifitingNut
Riding the Bench

Post by PowerLifitingNut »

Some people will do anything to get an edge. I don't have a problem at all if players and/or coaches use message boards or what have you to help light a fire. It might be that one thing that makes the difference. It's even better than just making stuff up. :mrgreen:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

PowerLifitingNut wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:49 pm Some people will do anything to get an edge. I don't have a problem at all if players and/or coaches use message boards or what have you to help light a fire. It might be that one thing that makes the difference. It's even better than just making stuff up. :mrgreen:
Oh if that’s the case, I heard the Waverly players and coaches were already working on minford cause they had this game in the bag.

Return to “Football”