Varsity

Re: Ironton @ Coal Grove

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Ironton.45 13

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I've heard Coal Grove referenced as a quality opponent so maybe......NAH Ironton by a lot in this. Run those clocks

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The grove has some legit players but not enough to win this one. I wouldn’t be surprised if they hung around for a couple of quarters. Ironton by 21+

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Series History:

1930: Ironton 13 Coal Grove 0
1987: Ironton 38 Coal Grove 16
2000: Ironton 51 Coal Grove 0
2001: Ironton 49 Coal Grove 0
2015: Ironton 13 Coal Grove 6
2016: Ironton 14 Coal Grove 12
2017: Coal Grove 28 Ironton 7
2018: Ironton 21 Coal Grove 12
2019: Ironton 49 Coal Grove 12
2020: Ironton 71 Coal Grove 0

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

wobycat wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:25 am The grove has some legit players but not enough to win this one. I wouldn’t be surprised if they hung around for a couple of quarters. Ironton by 21+
You'll see how legit groves players are Friday night.
Last edited by frankie on Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FBdog72
Waterboy

Post by FBdog72 »

Key to the thread is Coal Grove is playing with legit Coal Grove players, 8 that are sophomores. They may hang with the first half like last year, but unfortunately Ironton and the east coast boys will pull head. 125 pound boys from CG can’t take the pounding all night. To be cool we will see if they can prove and point and punish them for hanging with them the first half like last year. Should be another easy Friday night for the Tiger nation.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I hope they have a great game, that is highly contested, each team needs that right now. we are nearing the end of the regular season, and teams need to be growing and peaking. tough games are good for the heart. and we need tested. just take one opponent at a time and execute. I love what I'm seeing of the tigers right now. but I hope they put and end to taunting type activities in all levels of football. and it should start as early as young boys begin to play. and you are seeing it at all levels, and it hurts, there is no place for that. act like ya been there. if you hammer someone, or score, or pancake someone , walk away. help them up, etc. you'd be surprised how you'll be rewarded. and it is a behavior that won't cause your team a 15 yarder over standing over some one flexing, or not allowing them up. if you made a great play, your opponent and the whole stadium knows it. don't cheapen that by these type acts. and then it won't grow at other levels. I'm saying this to every team, every sport. it is okay to celebrate some, but not at the cost of your opponent. YTB.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:36 pm I hope they have a great game, that is highly contested, each team needs that right now. we are nearing the end of the regular season, and teams need to be growing and peaking. tough games are good for the heart. and we need tested. just take one opponent at a time and execute. I love what I'm seeing of the tigers right now. but I hope they put and end to taunting type activities in all levels of football. and it should start as early as young boys begin to play. and you are seeing it at all levels, and it hurts, there is no place for that. act like ya been there. if you hammer someone, or score, or pancake someone , walk away. help them up, etc. you'd be surprised how you'll be rewarded. and it is a behavior that won't cause your team a 15 yarder over standing over some one flexing, or not allowing them up. if you made a great play, your opponent and the whole stadium knows it. don't cheapen that by these type acts. and then it won't grow at other levels. I'm saying this to every team, every sport. it is okay to celebrate some, but not at the cost of your opponent. YTB.
Well said, couldn't agree more bait.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:36 pm I hope they have a great game, that is highly contested, each team needs that right now. we are nearing the end of the regular season, and teams need to be growing and peaking. tough games are good for the heart. and we need tested. just take one opponent at a time and execute. I love what I'm seeing of the tigers right now. but I hope they put and end to taunting type activities in all levels of football. and it should start as early as young boys begin to play. and you are seeing it at all levels, and it hurts, there is no place for that. act like ya been there. if you hammer someone, or score, or pancake someone , walk away. help them up, etc. you'd be surprised how you'll be rewarded. and it is a behavior that won't cause your team a 15 yarder over standing over some one flexing, or not allowing them up. if you made a great play, your opponent and the whole stadium knows it. don't cheapen that by these type acts. and then it won't grow at other levels. I'm saying this to every team, every sport. it is okay to celebrate some, but not at the cost of your opponent. YTB.
Well said Tiger Bait. Just like jumping off sides on defense not once but multiple times a game. It’s called discipline and I don’t care how great you think you are it’s what separates good teams from great teams.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Tigers roll the Grove in this one. Go Tigers

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Unless the Tigers are looking ahead to their matchup with the Trojans, ( which I don't think they would be ) I think the Hornets will just be a little outmanned in this game.

Dragonsbreath12
Riding the Bench

Post by Dragonsbreath12 »

Arnton takes this one by 7 scores 😬😬

Osugobucks2000
Waterboy

Post by Osugobucks2000 »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:28 pm Unless the Tigers are looking ahead to their matchup with the Trojans, ( which I don't think they would be ) I think the Hornets will just be a little outmanned in this game.
I highly doubt they are worried about Portsmouth.

Rosco
Riding the Bench

Post by Rosco »

Two programs that are separated by a few miles geographically but miles apart in culture, expectations, and results.

This game should be a rivalry but it takes two to dance.

OVCFan1
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan1 »

frankie wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:50 am
wobycat wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:25 am The grove has some legit players but not enough to win this one. I wouldn’t be surprised if they hung around for a couple of quarters. Ironton by 21+
You'll see how legit groves players are Friday night.
They are truly legit Dawson Bryant Kids and that’ll be playing a legit “all star” team.

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

Even the most loyal Grover that knows any of the program's history would tell you that Dave Lucas's teams had MANY transfers over the years that were key cogs on some of his best teams. Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

They'll come out after the half with a runner ongoing. Now, if CG can score against Ironton JV they may get it stopped. But doubtful.

FBdog72
Waterboy

Post by FBdog72 »

Can’t compare local transfers ever couple of years, to nationwide recruitment. Refuel with a new team ever year. I was at the game a couple Fridays ago and players parents had not learned all the kids names. Not comparable.

Return to “Football”