Week 8 Jackson @ Washington

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Week 8 Jackson @ Washington

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson has gained some steam after the crazy challenging week 2-5 and look to take their improved play and discipline to Fayette County. Washington just lost a tough one to Chillicothe where they out gained the Cavs 500 to 161….somehow couldn’t get it when it mattered. Washington always has good athletes and they have some good football players. 6’7 Tanner Lemaster is a tough matchup for most anyone and Trevaughn Jackson probably the best athlete on the field. Haithcock at QB and Wright at TB also good players that must be accounted for. Similar to McClain I don’t think they have enough horses if Jackson plays pretty well….but if Jackson reverts to their holdings snd fumbles it could be interesting.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Re: Week 8 Jackson @ Washington

Post by Ironmen34 »

I agree it depends on what Jackson team shows up. I think we continue to improve and win by 2 or 3 scores.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

I’ll say this, WCH offense had me sweating bullets but my Cavs defense and some predictable play calls really solidified the great example of “bend but don’t break”

Jackson again is the best in the league on paper but I think the Blue Lions offense can make things interesting!

For this league Hillsboro-Washington-McClain are all very close but WCH to me is the one in the group that can knock off the top 3. I figure the Ironmen will win this but I think it’s closer than expected.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Ed Ott wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:02 pm I’ll say this, WCH offense had me sweating bullets but my Cavs defense and some predictable play calls really solidified the great example of “bend but don’t break”

Jackson again is the best in the league on paper but I think the Blue Lions offense can make things interesting!

For this league Hillsboro-Washington-McClain are all very close but WCH to me is the one in the group that can knock off the top 3. I figure the Ironmen will win this but I think it’s closer than expected.
It wouldn’t surprise me at all if this one is close. I could definitely see a high scoring game coming down to the wire. Because I know CH is always pretty athletic and if there QB can move around and make plays, this Jackson defense struggles with that. Western Brown’s offense gave us trouble all night long.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironmen34 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:18 pm
Ed Ott wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:02 pm I’ll say this, WCH offense had me sweating bullets but my Cavs defense and some predictable play calls really solidified the great example of “bend but don’t break”

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if this one is close. I could definitely see a high scoring game coming down to the wire. Because I know CH is always pretty athletic and if there QB can move around and make plays, this Jackson defense struggles with that. Western Brown’s offense gave us trouble all night long.
I can’t believe they are nearly as crisp as WB but they played WB decently…..took a miracle to beat McClain

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:30 pm
Ironmen34 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:18 pm

I can’t believe they are nearly as crisp as WB but they played WB decently…..took a miracle to beat McClain
I think you nailed it when you said it all depends which Jackson team shows up. If we show up and play sound, mistake free football, we shouldn’t have much problem getting the win. If we show up and turnover the ball a couple times, get some touchdowns called back with flags, kill some drives with flags, we might have to grind out a win on the road

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I want to hear wch125’s thoughts

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Jackson by 4-5 scores if WCH doesn’t cancel due to covid just to schedule bishop sycamore 3 minutes later.

But seriously Jackson big. Western Brown loss doesn’t look so bad now. Lost to Clinton Massie by a score.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Jax 36 21

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

This is a league game so I'm sure WCH will want to keep it on the schedule, they put up a ton of yardage against the Cavs this past week however only scoring 19 points and still losing to a team that didn't hit 200 yards shows big problems. Jackson by 3 scores

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Expect a running clock for this game and Weeks 9 and 10.

ironmenfan012
Waterboy

Post by ironmenfan012 »

Jackson should win by a couple scores if they play decent and don’t have dumb holding calls and turnovers I say we get more backs involved like powel who has been playing really well and let Mendoza have more reps at defensive tackle but overall they looked good vs McClain and hopefully they play like that against court house

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Series History:

1948: Court House 27 Jackson 0
1949: Jackson 25 Court House 6
1950: Court House 18 Jackson 7
1951: Court House 33 Jackson 6
2017: Jackson 31 Court House 20
2018: Jackson 69 Court House 40
2019: Jackson 34 Court House 7
2020: Jackson 40 Court House 7

Jackson’s opponents so far have been 29-18.
Washington Court House’s opponents have been 21-19.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

LetsBeReal wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:09 am Jackson by 4-5 scores if WCH doesn’t cancel due to covid just to schedule bishop sycamore 3 minutes later.

But seriously Jackson big. Western Brown loss doesn’t look so bad now. Lost to Clinton Massie by a score.
I don’t think the loss to WB ever looked bad, yes we should’ve won but that’s a dang good team and playing at home

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Running clock, Jackson dominates. Good luck Ironmen, stay healthy.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The 21 point, no fumbles 1st quarter seems like the way to go. Let’s shoot for that again.

A lot of players getting snaps on defense and I like it. Other kids getting used to the big play and starters getting some recovery/rest. If it costs us a score it should be well worth it later in the season.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

Each week our team grows a little more. We have a solid team just didn't catch any breaks on Friday. Also we seem to be a 2nd half team still. The defense bent and didnt break in the 2nd half . The offense started clicking .

Keys to the game
WCH offensively -
Score early in the 1st half. We seem to come out a little slow typically in the first half then get rolling as the game goes on especially in the 2nd half.

Use the mismatches that we that we have had all season with our receiving core . We have a lot of weapons offensively if we get the balls into the right hands early we can score early.

Continue running the ball and passing , we did a great job mixing it up last week and our running game looked good and it opened up the passing game even more

defensively
Our strength has been our defense they have been on the field alot but are a young ball hungry group . They have force multiple turnovers in every game this year . People will assume by the scores that our defense is not very good but we do have a solid defense.

Keep Jackson in 3rd and long. Not give up big runs or the big play on 3rd down . Typically Jackson seems to use the ground game on us if we can shut it down and force Jackson to throw the ball our DB's have come up with some big plays this year

Im going with the home field advantage WCH 28- Jackson 21

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

wch125 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:10 pm Each week our team grows a little more. We have a solid team just didn't catch any breaks on Friday. Also we seem to be a 2nd half team still. The defense bent and didnt break in the 2nd half . The offense started clicking .

Keys to the game
WCH offensively -
Score early in the 1st half. We seem to come out a little slow typically in the first half then get rolling as the game goes on especially in the 2nd half.

Use the mismatches that we that we have had all season with our receiving core . We have a lot of weapons offensively if we get the balls into the right hands early we can score early.

Continue running the ball and passing , we did a great job mixing it up last week and our running game looked good and it opened up the passing game even more

defensively
Our strength has been our defense they have been on the field alot but are a young ball hungry group . They have force multiple turnovers in every game this year . People will assume by the scores that our defense is not very good but we do have a solid defense.

Keep Jackson in 3rd and long. Not give up big runs or the big play on 3rd down . Typically Jackson seems to use the ground game on us if we can shut it down and force Jackson to throw the ball our DB's have come up with some big plays this year

Im going with the home field advantage WCH 28- Jackson 21
Our 3rd and longs this year have been from holdings

Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

As with all FAC conference games, Jackson huge.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Jimbob2023 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:43 pm As with all FAC conference games, Jackson huge.
I hope you’re right and I know of agree. They offense is starting to find some rhythm. Defense has been pretty good all year minus WB.

Return to “Football”