West at BURG

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

Re: West at BURG

Post by BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:01 pm
BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:51 pm
scott1297 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:15 pm Go Burg! And 3 of the officials are from Burg Sheperd Decamp and Bailey but I dont see it making a difference...
WTF??? So Wburg has their alumni officiate their league games???

Boy, these guys will find any Ace up their sleeve if they needed it. SMH! :lol:

Shut the F$&k up you troll!! They sure as hell didn’t need them tonight and someone who follows Ironton wants to say anything about officiating is a joke.

How many TD’s did Moeller have called back so Ironton could say “we played with Moeller!!

You’re nothing but a run your mouth troll!!
Oh now Yabba, did I strike a nerve, honey?

The reason why the W'burg Alumni refs didn't affect the game is b/c it wasn't needed. Had the game been close, then that is where their invite to the party matters. The AD scheduling them and them accepting the gig creates a conflict of interest, and is BS and you know it.

I agree with SiderBlood, why even put yourself in that position in the first place? Keep playing stupid games, and then you'll eventually start winning stupid prizes.

Next week are ya going to have a home game with Bobby Dever, Dave Pyles, and Chris Bentley on a crew? :lol: :lol:

Givin' it to ya straight 100%, Your BIG DADDY FROM CINCINNATI!
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Congrats to Burg. They came out and turned momentum before it started. Their defense is smothering. The way they play field position is awesome. Their kicker is special. Lattimore should get the ball more. Coming out with that onside kick was a statement. Our young boys did great stopping the run for the most part, it was the big plays that hurt. I stand by I think they are a 2 score better team. Our defense is better than what was displayed. We had 2 seniors on the field most of the time. We are very young. We might meet again next week, we will see how things shake up I really dont know yet. On to the next one.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:23 pm

Shut the F$&k up you troll!! They sure as hell didn’t need them tonight and someone who follows Ironton wants to say anything about officiating is a joke.

How many TD’s did Moeller have called back so Ironton could say “we played with Moeller!!

The reason why the W'burg Alumni refs didn't affect the game is b/c it wasn't needed. Had the game been close, then that is where their invite to the party matters. The AD scheduling them and them accepting the gig creates a conflict of interest, and is BS and you know it.

I agree with SiderBlood, why even put yourself in that position in the first place? Keep playing stupid games, and then you'll eventually start winning stupid prizes.

Next week are ya going to have a home game with Bobby Dever, Dave Pyles, and Chris Bentley on a crew? :lol: :lol:
An Ironton fan accusing Burg of using corrupt hometown refs? That’s classic.

What Ironton refs did to Moeller was criminal, but sadly not surprising. They have done this stuff for years.

After the Burg-Ironton game in 1999 when Ironton refs tried to cheat Burg out of the win, Burg added a clause to the contract where they must approve all officials used in the game.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:17 pm Wheelersburg 38
West 0

Good thing we had those “home town boys”. Sounds like we needed them. smh
You can shake your head all you want. I never said they made a difference in the game. Bailey and Decamp both ignored 2 blatant calls. One personal foul and a horrible pass interference. The thing is, why do you accept those games? Alleviate the talk by doing a different game. 3 guys living in Porter township should not be on the field in Porter township. Plain and simple.. Once again it wouldn't change the game. I dont know if our offense can score on Burgs defense. But our defense is better than what was shown. They stopped alot of the run game. It was either 0 yard gain or a big one. They beat a young West team tonight that has some growing to do, but will be fine. I stand by what I said, I think Burg is 2 touchdowns better. On to the next one.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Yeah, you did. You are nothing but a troll who runs their mouth ALOT on here, especially on Burg threads. Not sure what happened with you and Burg. Were you or your child on an Ironton team that took an azz whooping from Burg at some time??

Like someone else said , the screwings teams have taken over the years in the Tank, Carlos Snow and C.A.P.E. The team from Washington DC that came in with the long winning streak. Burg in 99 and the year Burg lost 7-6 up there. There are so many more it would take me the rest of the night to post them.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Great game by burg. Ref crew was mostly from burg but I promise you those guys would not cheat for burg. Miss some calls definitely. But not intentionally

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

SiderBlood wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:01 pm
scott1297 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:15 pm Go Burg! And 3 of the officials are from Burg Sheperd Decamp and Bailey but I dont see it making a difference very good officiating so far and Burg has been penalized way more than West but now people will be complaining about the missed calls but imo it wouldn't make a difference west is having trouble moving the ball but I do like west qb he throws a nice ball. Pretty sure that Burg is the most physical team West has played this year.
It didn't affect the score of the game. Just don't understand why alumni would even want to take the game. Burgs defense swarms to the ball.
Yeah I dont know who assigns these crews to the games but for the sake of argument they should have assigned another crew and yeah Burgs defense has improved with every game this year

Burg grad 85
BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:40 pm

Yeah, you did. You are nothing but a troll who runs their mouth ALOT on here, especially on Burg threads. Not sure what happened with you and Burg. Were you or your child on an Ironton team that took an azz whooping from Burg at some time??

Like someone else said , the screwings teams have taken over the years in the Tank, Carlos Snow and C.A.P.E. The team from Washington DC that came in with the long winning streak. Burg in 99 and the year Burg lost 7-6 up there. There are so many more it would take me the rest of the night to post them.
Boo freakin' Hoo Yabba! Ya wanna gripe and moan about something that supposedly happened back in the day, then you try and justify your present actions---That sure is some pretty weak sauce any way ya try and cook it.

Woby: I can understand non-league games, but if this was both undefeated for the SOC II Championship, this stinks of BS to the high heavens. I'm not accusing these guys as cheaters, but as human-nature we're all biased in some ways, and that's why it creates a conflict of interest. This is some dirty pool and there's no justifying it. Shame on the AD for scheduling them, and these refs should have enough integrity for the game to know to be biased is human nature and declined the invitation. BTW, that's one of the first things you're taught in Ref school.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

wobycat wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:45 pm Great game by burg. Ref crew was mostly from burg but I promise you those guys would not cheat for burg. Miss some calls definitely. But not intentionally

Totally agree!!! They missed a blatant horse collar tackle on Eric Lattimore in the 3rd qtr.

That crew has been officiating football for years and do a great job. I believe this is the first Burg game I’ve seen them do all year, at least at Burg.

Hell, could be worse in back in the day when you went to the Tank you were getting the Mahlmeister brothers and that crew. I still remember the Burg-Ironton game when one of the brothers won split the pot. He was standing out on the field when they called the number, he pulled the ticket out of his pocket and showed everyone in his crew he had won.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:54 pm

Boo freakin' Hoo Yabba! Ya wanna gripe and moan about something that supposedly happened back in the day, then you try and justify your present actions---That sure is some pretty weak sauce any way ya try and cook it.

Woby: I can understand non-league games, but if this was both undefeated for the SOC II Championship, this stinks of BS to the high heavens. I'm not accusing these guys as cheaters, but as human-nature we're all biased in some ways, and that's why it creates a conflict of interest. This is some dirty pool and there's no justifying it. Shame on the AD for scheduling them, and these refs should have enough integrity for the game to know to be biased is human nature and declined the invitation. BTW, that's one of the first things you're taught in Ref school.

Whatever troll!!

WTH are you even talking about both undefeated for the SOC championships? West had two league losses coming in. West had no shot at the title. If Burg had lost they would have shared it with Waverly!!

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:59 pm
BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:54 pm

Whatever troll!!

WTH are you even talking about both undefeated for the SOC championships? West had two league losses coming in. West had no shot at the title. If Burg had lost they would have shared it with Waverly!!
Hey Blockhead, that's not the point. The point is, your AD and these burg alumni Refs created a conflict of interest and had the game been close or EVEN a championship on the line, forever y'all would have more evidence against your program like the coach from Madison was alledging.

Understand?

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Dear lord here we go again. It’s always Wheelersburg recruits or Wheelersburg pays off homer refs give me a break. The crew that called the game tonight has had the Wheelersburg West game multiple times in the past. They’ve had it both at Wheelersburg and at West. In fact they’ve had it at West for SOC championship games.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Joe Eitel has the West Side and Burg meeting up again in Week 11. If history repeats itself, the 2nd game is a worse loss for the visiting team than the 1st one. Things were getting chippy towards the end of the game with both teams. Should be a good rematch.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

As Yogi said, it is Deja Vu all over again lol

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Congrats to Burg on the title and looking like a rematch next week, some are saying West defense is better than they showed tonight. Good thing is come week 11 they'll get to prove it if that is indeed the case. Good luck next week to both teams keep it clean.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

You forgot the Moeller game this year. Even though Moeller won, the penalties in that game were 12-3. Didn’t think the Ironton refs would stoop so low in a game being broadcasted on tv to half of Ohio, yet they did. The tv commentators even chuckled at some of the calls.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Really thought West would make this game closer. I still think they have some solid pieces for next 2-3 years, but felt like this season was underwhelming for them. Of course, not having any home games had to contribute to it.

Phenomenal coaching job this year by Woodward and staff. “Down year” equals SOC champs and a home playoff game. Adapted the offense to the talent they had and the defense has been solid since Week 2. Don’t know how far they go in playoffs as the Ridgewood loss made for a tougher road, but regardless, solid season for Burg and serious talent waiting their turn in the pipeline.*

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Time to rise up and relish the challenge young men! Can’t wait!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I know West is disappointed with the outcome Friday as they should be. They are better than that.

Game couldn’t have started any worse. Got outformationed in the run game early. Stripes missed an obvious illegal motion penalty on the first series that ended up 4th and short when it should’ve been 3rd and 10. Then some young players messed up and Wheelersburg got the onsides. Receiver got behind the secondary and West was down 14-0 before the game got started. After that they didn’t play bad. Missed tackles on Lattimore, couple pivotal fumbles, and a pick 6 made the score worse than it should have been.

Tough place to play against a good team. Maybe West will be ready from the get go this time and play a cleaner game?

Far as the referees. They should not be doing Wheelersburg games hired by Wheelersburg. And that wouldn’t matter if they are cheaters or saints it looks bad. And my opinion yes they are bad if not borderline terrible. And that’s on both teams.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Westfan wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:26 pm I know West is disappointed with the outcome Friday as they should be. They are better than that.

Game couldn’t have started any worse. Got outformationed in the run game early. Stripes missed an obvious illegal motion penalty on the first series that ended up 4th and short when it should’ve been 3rd and 10. Then some young players messed up and Wheelersburg got the onsides. Receiver got behind the secondary and West was down 14-0 before the game got started. After that they didn’t play bad. Missed tackles on Lattimore, couple pivotal fumbles, and a pick 6 made the score worse than it should have been.

Tough place to play against a good team. Maybe West will be ready from the get go this time and play a cleaner game?

Far as the referees. They should not be doing Wheelersburg games hired by Wheelersburg. And that wouldn’t matter if they are cheaters or saints it looks bad. And my opinion yes they are bad if not borderline terrible. And that’s on both teams.
West was penalized 3x for 20 yards. Burg penalized 7x for 65 yards…

And you are complaining about the refs? LMFAO!!

Return to “Football”