How many people will ignore buying tickets online?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: How many people will ignore buying tickets online?

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:44 am
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:20 am What is the price for the 1st round games?
Does this include a service charge for ordering online?
10 online and 12 at gate. So double the price to watch burg and west that was 6 dollars 7 days before lol. Not sure on fee but I’m sure there is
I.M.O. what this does is keep the FANS who are not from these schools from going to the game. I have talked to enough fans throughout the state to say most fans, who roam from game to game won't be doing this come playoff time.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

NinjaSchoolDropout
Waterboy

Post by NinjaSchoolDropout »

I really think ohsaa is just worried that they won’t get all the gate fees. That’s why they are doing it that way. Why change everything up and make it online all of a sudden when all season for years it’s been pay cash at the gates? Why try to fix what isn’t broken?

NinjaSchoolDropout
Waterboy

Nice quote^^^^
It’s a high school football game. Not booking a flight or hotel room. So cash is great for them to use all year but then playoff games it’s like this. Come on.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Be sure and help the elderly in your community that don’t get online or use smart phones.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Greenwave38
Waterboy

Post by Greenwave38 »

mglight88 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:45 pm Not the mention you have to download an app to your phone and as of right now my game Minford vs. Amanda Clearcreek is not even listed!!
So stupid, also went to watch Minford play at East Clinton and they wasn't even taking cash payment at the gate. Had to use a debit card or a credit card to enter. So stupid
You don’t need to download a app for playoffs just go to ohsaa.org and look for tickets they are on sale on the website you just pick your game and buy.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:16 pm
26 votes so far 69.2% say yes

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NinjaSchoolDropout wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:54 pm Nice quote^^^^
It’s a high school football game. Not booking a flight or hotel room. So cash is great for them to use all year but then playoff games it’s like this. Come on.
Actually, some schools have started going to credit card only sales. Some have went with hometown ticketing as well. In a few years I can see 60% of schools being fully online for ticket sales.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Scanning was done last year for all tournament games. This year, we still have had several people come to soccer and volleyball games wanting to buy tickets. We have a handouts with a bar code or step by step directions for people to purchase the tickets on line. Thank goodness, no major problems have been encountered.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Bengals have went cashless. The Problem is it takes an entire quarter now to get a coke

Michael Scott
Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

I think I’ve heard some schools in Ohio do this too, but down here in Florida, you buy all tickets online. You can also show up at the gate take a pic of the barcode and purchase that way. It’s super easy and I actually like it.

NinjaSchoolDropout
Waterboy

Nice quote again! You’re a real genius Gump!^^^^^^^^^^^
They better be lucky I’m not running the gate. I’d let anyone who tried to pay with cash right on in free of charge. Go take that cash and spend it at the concession stand where it’s really gonna help the kids and the school instead of fattening the bonuses at ohsaa. Most businesses as big as they are take any form of payment they can get cash or card. That way people like blaze can swipe because “I don’t carry cash” and not buy split the pot or concession to help the kids out. And most everyone else that’s been to a high school football game can pay cash like they’ve done there whole life with zero issues.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

NinjaSchoolDropout wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:52 am Nice quote again! You’re a real genius Gump!^^^^^^^^^^^
They better be lucky I’m not running the gate. I’d let anyone who tried to pay with cash right on in free of charge. Go take that cash and spend it at the concession stand where it’s really gonna help the kids and the school instead of fattening the bonuses at ohsaa. Most businesses as big as they are take any form of payment they can get cash or card. That way people like blaze can swipe because “I don’t carry cash” and not buy split the pot or concession to help the kids out. And most everyone else that’s been to a high school football game can pay cash like they’ve done there whole life with zero issues.

Hahah I agree

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”