Logan Football League Talk

countywide35
SEOP

Re: Future of Logan - League

Post by countywide35 »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:39 am
countywide35 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:42 am But what it is about the MSL that doesn’t want Logan in it ?? Besides the competition???
There’s been allusions on this thread to possible “bridge-burning” based on... an incident of pressing in a basketball game? I can tell you that’s not the reason why Logan ain’t in the MSL. I’m not saying it’s totally insignificant, either.

The problem with Logan and the MSL is largely two-fold: two of the three MSL flights (the Buckeye and the Ohio) are based on geography, and the MSL as a constituency has yet to vote to completely revamp the league and restructure the divisions into “big, medium and small school” flights. Logan does not fit well geographically to either of the two. And before someone says “they’d fit fine in the Buckeye”, on a map they would. But it’s not an ideal fit from the perspective of the MSL schools. In their eyes, the current set-up is unbeatable. Short driving times, awesome gate revenues, shared sense of pride and intense rivalries. And Logan’s hypothetical addition only makes sense to Teays Valley, Hamilton Twp and maybe Bloom-Carroll. The awful football dilemma at Fairfield Union, where the numbers are extremely low, is going to make them balk on a “yes” vote for Logan. Amanda and Liberty Union will NOT vote to add Logan into their part of the MSL, and those two are forming the backbone of the Fairfield County schools and their sustained MSL involvement.

Logan only gets into the MSL, eventually, if the league reconfigures into a size alignment - not a geographic one. And that’s going to be harder now than it was five years ago because of them recently adding Buckeye Valley (north of Delaware). The Ohio is largely content, although Grandview has grumbled recently. Still, I think that contingency would be displeased about adding the drive to Logan. The Buckeye is very satisfied with their current set-up, as stated earlier. If something were to change, there’s not even a guarantee Logan would be considered. An MSL A.D. told me over Christmas break in a text that “Logan checks some of the boxes we’d look for, but we don’t know about how they’d fit. They seem to think they can do a league with Lancaster. Big difference from some of us.” And any future vacancies or shifts in the Buckeye is going to have Fisher Cath. and/or Berne Union suggested.

Good info

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:55 am Are you referring to that really weird conference that had London, Court House, the Licking County schools and Big Walnut? The Buckeye conference?
Yes those schools plus New Albany and Canal Winchester. Logan’s only choices now are the LCL and MVL.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I don't think the MSL for Logan is too far away: Look at Enrollment of Logan with current schools in 2018: Consider this league alignment. I also put the Mid Ohio Christian Athletic League because there are teams who are similar to the smallest group.

Boys 1 (Consider St. Charles Prep 472 or 465 Canal Winchester and bump everyone down)
1. 453 Teays Valley
2. 450 Logan
3. 387 Whitehall
4. 344 Hamilton Township
5. 302 Buckeye Valley (Is this a long term team?)
6. 271 Bexley
7. 255 Bloom Carroll
8. 246 Logan Elm

Boys 2
1. 240 Circleville
2. 227 Fairfield Union
3. 188 Amanda CC
4. 161 Liberty Union
5. 160 Bishop Ready
6. 159 Columbus Academy
7. 126 Worthington Christian
8. 123 Grandview Heights

Boys 3 (Consider 116 Cristo Rey - No Football)
1. 101 Wellington (No Football)
2. 95 Berne Union
3. 79 Harvest Prep (I bet they would prefer to be in Group 2 or even 1)
4. 87 Grove City Christian
5. 62 Fairfield Christian
6. 57 Fisher Catholic
7. 59 Millersport (Football ?)
8. 45 Bishop Rosecrans (No Football?)

Boys 4
1. 59 - Tree of Life
2. 52 - Madison Christian
3. 29 - Delaware Christian
4. 27 - Granville Christian
5. 22 -Northside Christian
6. 11 - Shekinah Christian
7. ?? - Gahanna Christian (No Enrollment Numbers on OHSAA)

Girls 1 (467 Canal Winchester?)
1. 466 Teays Valley
2. 445 Logan
3. 329 Whitehall
4. 328 Hamilton Township
5. 278 Buckeye Valley (Is this a long term team?)
6. 287 Bexley
7. 225 Bloom Carroll
8. 252 Logan Elm

Girls 2
1. 236 Circleville
2. 233 Fairfield Union
3. 175 Amanda CC
4. 145 Liberty Union
5. 156 Bishop Ready
6. 158 Columbus Academy
7. 135 Worthington Christian
8. 120 Grandview Heights

Girls 3 (Consider 199 Cristo Rey)
1. 85 Wellington
2. 108 Berne Union
3. 62 Harvest Prep
4. 85 Grove City Christian
5. 79 Fairfield Christian
6. 57 Fisher Catholic
7. 62 Millersport
8. 48 Bishop Rosecrans
9. 163 Columbus School for Girls

Girls 4
1. 62 - Tree of Life
2. 72 - Madison Christian
3. 42 - Delaware Christian
4. 38 - Granville Christian
5. 20 -Northside Christian
6. 12 - Shekinah Christian
7. ?? - Gahanna Christian (No enrollment numbers on OHSAA)
8. ??

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Anyone know what the enrollment number are for the MVL schools?

AT THE RESERVATION
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:48 pm I don't think the MSL for Logan is too far away: Look at Enrollment of Logan with current schools in 2018: Consider this league alignment. I also put the Mid Ohio Christian Athletic League because there are teams who are similar to the smallest group.

Boys 1 (Consider St. Charles Prep 472 or 465 Canal Winchester and bump everyone down)
1. 453 Teays Valley
2. 450 Logan
3. 387 Whitehall
4. 344 Hamilton Township
5. 302 Buckeye Valley (Is this a long term team?)
6. 271 Bexley
7. 255 Bloom Carroll
8. 246 Logan Elm

Boys 2
1. 240 Circleville
2. 227 Fairfield Union
3. 188 Amanda CC
4. 161 Liberty Union
5. 160 Bishop Ready
6. 159 Columbus Academy
7. 126 Worthington Christian
8. 123 Grandview Heights

Boys 3 (Consider 116 Cristo Rey - No Football)
1. 101 Wellington (No Football)
2. 95 Berne Union
3. 79 Harvest Prep (I bet they would prefer to be in Group 2 or even 1)
4. 87 Grove City Christian
5. 62 Fairfield Christian
6. 57 Fisher Catholic
7. 59 Millersport (Football ?)
8. 45 Bishop Rosecrans (No Football?)

Boys 4
1. 59 - Tree of Life
2. 52 - Madison Christian
3. 29 - Delaware Christian
4. 27 - Granville Christian
5. 22 -Northside Christian
6. 11 - Shekinah Christian
7. ?? - Gahanna Christian (No Enrollment Numbers on OHSAA)

Girls 1 (467 Canal Winchester?)
1. 466 Teays Valley
2. 445 Logan
3. 329 Whitehall
4. 328 Hamilton Township
5. 278 Buckeye Valley (Is this a long term team?)
6. 287 Bexley
7. 225 Bloom Carroll
8. 252 Logan Elm

Girls 2
1. 236 Circleville
2. 233 Fairfield Union
3. 175 Amanda CC
4. 145 Liberty Union
5. 156 Bishop Ready
6. 158 Columbus Academy
7. 135 Worthington Christian
8. 120 Grandview Heights

Girls 3 (Consider 199 Cristo Rey)
1. 85 Wellington
2. 108 Berne Union
3. 62 Harvest Prep
4. 85 Grove City Christian
5. 79 Fairfield Christian
6. 57 Fisher Catholic
7. 62 Millersport
8. 48 Bishop Rosecrans
9. 163 Columbus School for Girls

Girls 4
1. 62 - Tree of Life
2. 72 - Madison Christian
3. 42 - Delaware Christian
4. 38 - Granville Christian
5. 20 -Northside Christian
6. 12 - Shekinah Christian
7. ?? - Gahanna Christian (No enrollment numbers on OHSAA)
8. ??
That alignment is not very appealing, but TV/HT/Logan and Whitehall need to put their heads together and get something going. As well as Chillicothe. Possibly get Watkins and Licking Heights on board. Canal may not be likely. St Charles probably won’t go for it, but they should.

FWIW, I think the Cardinal (small school) Division in the MSL five years from now is at risk of being eliminated if the big dogs in the Mid-State League leave.

Couple notes: Bishop Ready is just an MSL affiliate for football. For all other sports, they’re in the Central Catholic League. Buckeye Valley’s membership in the MSL is indefinite. Beginning with the 2020-21 school year, Miller is joining the MSL-Cardinal for all sports. Gahanna Christian closed two years ago, and respectfully I don’t see a point in discussing the MOCAL schools in the context of the MSL’s small schools because they have far more in difference than they do in common.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:41 am

That alignment is not very appealing, but TV/HT/Logan and Whitehall need to put their heads together and get something going. As well as Chillicothe. Possibly get Watkins and Licking Heights on board. Canal may not be likely. St Charles probably won’t go for it, but they should.
I think Whitehall and HT are interesting discussion points. Along with maybe even Bexley?

I think your proposal is one of I've thought of, but admittedly I don't know the political dynamic of those schools as well.

But I've long thought a division of:

Hamilton Twp
Logan
Whitehall
Teays Valley

along with maybe Chillicothe, Bexley could make sense. Maybe Groveport, but they may get too big enrollment wise? I don't know what the appitite for Watkins/Licking Hts is in regard to the LCL. Same for Canal and potentially leaving the OCC.

But largely D1/D2 schools. All centered in that 33/270 corridor. Logan and maybe Chillicothe would be the furthest trips.

But from what I hear Hamilton and maybe Whitehall have zero interest in this kind of set up currently. Bexley I don't know much about from an admin standpoint.

I still think for Logan to ever be in the MSL it will take a massive shake up.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Logan’s Administration

CatFoodFlambe
Waterboy

Post by CatFoodFlambe »

Is Teays Valley still lusting for membership in the Ohio Capital Conference?

Chief02
Varsity

3rd Annual - When does Logan find a league?

Post by Chief02 »

We have nothing else to talk about. Do we foresee any prospects in the short-term future or are we still a handful of years away or more?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: 3rd Annual - When does Logan find a league?

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Only league I can think of which would be fairly close is the MSL Buckeye. Canal went to the OCC a few years ago but all teams are still South and East of C-bus and right between Rt. 23 and 33 and pretty close proximity travel wise to Hocking county with all being next to or 1 county over. It comprises 4 different divisions now but the championships in different sports varies year to year so it's not dominated by one school. The MVL split their big/smalls now plus added a couple teams so they're probably pretty much set. It's a darn shame (IMO) that Athens pulling out of the 80+ year old SEOAL over a decade ago caused so much havoc which essentially ended the conference and the other teams had to scramble and look elsewhere for conferences to accept them because they weren't competitive yearly just to jump in the TVC with smaller schools where they could dominate. Still shaking my head to this day. I hope Logan can find something soon.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

A league would be nice , but afraid they are no closer to solving that. The schedule is now fine for competitive basis, but a league or schedule is not the problem now. The major problem they have needs fixed before a league or schedule adjustments are made. Until they do that, they will wander in the wilderness. Board needs to face reality.

Athens is, indeed, the cause of the league demise. It is the poster boy for why SEO football is so bad.

Have gun, will travel
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Paladin wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:48 pm A league would be nice , but afraid they are no closer to solving that. The schedule is now fine for competitive basis, but a league or schedule is not the problem now. The major problem they have needs fixed before a league or schedule adjustments are made. Until they do that, they will wander in the wilderness. Board needs to face reality.

Athens is, indeed, the cause of the league demise. It is the poster boy for why SEO football is so bad.
The problem is Logan has no jobs. 93bulldog take your girlfriend in high school? :lol:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I would think now the mid state league would be the perfect fit

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:27 pm
Paladin wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:48 pm A league would be nice , but afraid they are no closer to solving that. The schedule is now fine for competitive basis, but a league or schedule is not the problem now. The major problem they have needs fixed before a league or schedule adjustments are made. Until they do that, they will wander in the wilderness. Board needs to face reality.

The problem is Logan has no jobs. 93bulldog take your girlfriend in high school? :lol:
Paladin is probably 40 years older than 93Bulldog. But he is correct in saying that the SEOAL could not stand on it's own without Athens. Athens was the glue, the hub, the cornerstone of that league. That's why Logan people hate Athens so much, and why they want so desperately to be in a league with them again. So I say apply to enter the TVC again Logan. What could it hurt? :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

My favorite is Logan, Jackson, Gallia, Warren, and Marietta people think Athens is the supreme leader of SEO and we should create them a league.

That it’s all a conspiracy that Athens purposely did it to make them all independent
F60EC45B-F8CA-4F5B-9CEE-C507735D3ED8.gif
F60EC45B-F8CA-4F5B-9CEE-C507735D3ED8.gif (264.32 KiB) Viewed 1812 times

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:44 am My favorite is Logan, Jackson, Gallia, Warren, and Marietta people think Athens is the supreme leader of SEO and we should create them a league.

That it’s all a conspiracy that Athens purposely did it to make them all independent

F60EC45B-F8CA-4F5B-9CEE-C507735D3ED8.gif
:mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:27 pm

Take the college out of Athens and it is a slum. Athens county is already one of the poorest in Ohio. They don't build the cheap paying businesses on State Street for Athens, they do it for the college.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

noreply66 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:20 am Take the college out of Athens and it is a slum. Athens county is already one of the poorest in Ohio. They don't build the cheap paying businesses on State Street for Athens, they do it for the college.
Take away Ohio University, Hocking College, the hospital’s, the state hospital, the engineering firm that created the COVID testing kits, the refrigeration company that creates the coolers for NASA and the covid vaccine and Athens would be a slum like Logan :lol:

All-SEO
Waterboy

Post by All-SEO »

Paladin is correct again. Athens ran from the SEOAL to a smaller school league where they could dominate. Rather than competing with their peers(80+ years worth), they stepped way down. That is the SEO model for most. Avoid real competition. Play down. Then wonder why you get your brains kicked in when you step out of the area.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

All-SEO wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:00 pm Paladin is correct again. Athens ran from the SEOAL to a smaller school league where they could dominate. Rather than competing with their peers(80+ years worth), they stepped way down. That is the SEO model for most. Avoid real competition. Play down. Then wonder why you get your brains kicked in when you step out of the area.
I see your point. Especially a few years ago when their only loss of the season was in the state title game. How many state title games did they play in while they were in the SEOAL? :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”