Logan Football League Talk

loganlocos
SEOP

Logan Football League Talk

Post by loganlocos »

http://www.logandaily.com/sports/boe-ap ... 9dcf4.html

The Logan Board of Education approved a resolution seeking membership in the Licking COunty League last night.

The Licking County League currently consists of Granville, Lakewood, Licking Heights, Licking Valley, and Watkins Memorial (Buckeye Division) and Heath, Johnstown, Northridge, Newark Catholic, and Utica (Cardinal Division).

The league is considering expanding their "Big School" (Buckeye) Division. Licking Hts and Watkins Memorial are the most likely duo to remain in the big school division, while Lakewood, Licking Valley, and Graville could all move to the Cardinal Division.

Zanesville is one other school also considering membership in the Licking County League.

The Licking County League explored expansion a year ago with plans that included Logan, Zanesville, Mount Vernon, Big Walnut, and Newark amongst others. That deal fell apart when Mount Vernon moved to the Ohio Heritage Conference.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Logan applies to the Licking County League

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

they need to the seoal is on sinking sands.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

From the Logan Daily News article - 'SEOAL representatives are also looking to meet with a couple schools that have recently expressed interest in possibly joining.' I wonder if the public will be kept in the dark about this?

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

If possible Logan needs to jump!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Good luck Chieftains!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Good for Logan

Glad you guys not only found a league to play in but a competitive league who appreciates competition.

Hope Logan will keep the Jackson series alive .

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Poo Bear wrote:Good for Logan

Glad you guys not only found a league to play in but a competitive league who appreciates competition.

Hope Logan will keep the Jackson series alive .
Not a done deal yet, but the most progress we've had so far.

I definitely hope we keep the Ironmen on the schedule.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Best move all around for Logan. The Chiefs can keep Jackson, Athens and Nelsonville-York on the schedule as nonleague games most years and still be in a league.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Everyone laughed at The fact that Logan and Jackson would be without a league, I knew someone would appreciate adding quality competitive football programs

Jackson will have a harder time finding one as they're too far away from the leagues with that mentality

SEOALlives
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOALlives »

If the LCL backs out after extending this invite we need to hound them worse than we have the TVC. It is a shame that Jackson can't get in too. Maybe the mayor down there should write a letter to the LCL. That way if Zanesville cowers from the competition Jackson might be their replacement.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

They won't back out. They look to add good programs . Logan and zanesville now thats what I'm talking about

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

They won't back out. They look to add good programs . Logan and zanesville now thats what I'm talking about

What does the TVC have to do with this good news for Logan ??

Thanos
Freshman Team

Post by Thanos »

My question comes from an earlier post. What teams would consider the S.E.O.A.L.? Depending on the teams, would Logan stay loyal to the SEOAL or still part ways?

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Good news for Logan.

Bad news for Warren and Jackson.

The acceptance by the LCL is a formality as I understand it, discussions between the LCL and Logan have been happening awhile according to some folks up around Newark area. Can Logan leave right away or do they have to remain for a calendar year in the SEOAL. Assume once they accept they will have a full 2017-2018 LCL schedule in all sports.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Thanos wrote:My question comes from an earlier post. What teams would consider the S.E.O.A.L.? Depending on the teams, would Logan stay loyal to the SEOAL or still part ways?
I have to think Logan would still go, if Point was considering everyone probably realizes it is a short term solution for Point and sooner or later Logan be back in same boat. If Marietta is on that list with Point still doubt it matters, as travel to LCL can't be that much worse than a trip to Marietta (or Point for that matter).

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

I still think Warren gets added to the TVC Ohio, to even out the number of teams and get rid of the odd week for someone once league play starts.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Dandy Don wrote:I still think Warren gets added to the TVC Ohio, to even out the number of teams and get rid of the odd week for someone once league play starts.
Warren to the tvc would be the next logical think to do . I hope that happens

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

JacksonMayor wrote:I cant beleive those dirty rotten cowards from logan are gonna duck and run just like athens did. You would think they could at least tell the LCL that we are a package deal.
Logan stayed as long as they could. Godspeed Logan , people will be hating on you but don't don't give it another thought

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

SEOAL rules say a school must give two years notice before leaving. A couple ways to look at this:

1. With only 2 other schools to play (Jackson, Warren), Logan could easily join immediately (outside of football since schedules are already set for 2016). Logan could play a full LCL schedule and a full SEOAL schedule because, depending on the sport, Logan would only need to play 2 SEOAL games or 4 SEOAL games for sports that are home and away each season. That can easily be accomplished in a nonleague schedule. Essentially, Logan would belong to two leagues during the 2 year transition.

2. With Logan leaving, the SEOAL would be down to just Jackson and Warren, meaning the SEOAL no longer exists. Therefore, the bylaws are no longer in effect. Logan would not need to give a two year notice because the league no longer exists.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Logan to the LCL
Warren to the TVC
Jackson is lone wolf

RIP Seoal , thanks for all the tradition

Return to “Football”