WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Re: WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Post by Fan Friday »

Yh8awinner wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:49 am Nope, Carrico is it. You bring these big time kids in and they get d1 offers and you pound your chest when actually they would gotten it from wherever they came from. But Ironton people will claim them as 1 of their own because they have been there for 2 years. It's pretty pathetic actually. Lol
Off the top of my head of the Boys that have been given D1 scholarships so far, Carrico, Duncan (since 3rd grade) , Boggs, Carter are from Ironton. Salyers came middle of freshman year, Washington came Junior year. Boys making D1 visits Carpenter, Barnes, Big Red, all Ironton boys. Perkins came from Valley. That was just off the top of my head that I can think off.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

I enjoy hearing any young man get a opportunity no matter where they may come from or how long they been there.
Don't care if it's Wheelersburg ,Jackson ,Ironton ,Portsmouth ,Logan or Trimble don't care if they are Division 1 or NAIA.
The fact is they get a chance to further themselves and make SE Ohio proud.
All this hating on one team and it's players is ridiculous I'm not just talking about hating on Ironton but any team period.
Some schools win some do not some have great coaches some do not.
But every young man or woman on those teams strive to win and perform to the best of their abilities.
And that is what we should be talking about and proud of.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

522Pirate wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:06 am
Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:04 am
Yh8awinner wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:20 am I'm a miserable person because I stated a fact? Ok, maybe i stepped over the line saying it's pathetic but it is funny when they brag about all the d1 talent that Ironton produces every year the last few years when pretty much every kid that has d1 offers are not from there.
Southeast ohio is a depressed little isolated area but imagine being so tiny & narrow that you begrudge a childs opportunity. Smh

Small towns = small minds.
I agree that it is terrible to talk about kids that way... a lot like you talking about Holden huh?
Maybe he forgot what account he was using when he posted about Holden being a dud because he’s not starring at Duke or a projected lottery pick.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

This Season:

The Tigers allowed 89 points which comes out to 7.4 points per game, 25 of those were against D1 Archbishop Moeller. Only 3 games did their opponents get into double digits. The last time was on the 9th of September

The Pirates gave up a total of 148 points which comes out to 12.3 points per game. 40 of those points were against Ironton. Wheelersburg had 7 games where their opponent went into dbl digits

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

fielddaddy wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:31 am I enjoy hearing any young man get a opportunity no matter where they may come from or how long they been there.
Don't care if it's Wheelersburg ,Jackson ,Ironton ,Portsmouth ,Logan or Trimble don't care if they are Division 1 or NAIA.
All this hating on one team and it's players is ridiculous I'm not just talking about hating on Ironton but any team period.
But every young man or woman on those teams strive to win and perform to the best of their abilities.
Absolutely agree! Shouldn’t matter if the kid has been at the school for 12 years or 12 minutes either…we have freedom to choose what we prefer in almost every thing in our lives, why shouldn’t high school be the same? Should you have to work at whatever job is available in your hometown as well? Makes zero sense…as a rival school of Burg or ironton or Valley or East etc. accept the challenge and work harder!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I love following the local kids that make it on to the next level. I remember a few weeks back watching the Buckeye game and they were beating someone bad and I told my wife that the Carrico kid from Ironton was in. I found myself focusing on his play and not watching the play itself.

It's always a great thing to see kids get out of this area and do good. Not sure WTH that clown was talking about yesterday about Tanner but it was pretty pathetic and then have the gall to put on here what he put today. SMDH!!

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

522Pirate wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:20 am
fielddaddy wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:31 am I enjoy hearing any young man get a opportunity no matter where they may come from or how long they been there.
Absolutely agree! Shouldn’t matter if the kid has been at the school for 12 years or 12 minutes either…we have freedom to choose what we prefer in almost every thing in our lives, why shouldn’t high school be the same? Should you have to work at whatever job is available in your hometown as well? Makes zero sense…as a rival school of Burg or ironton or Valley or East etc. accept the challenge and work harder!
Agree with all of this!

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:41 am
TigerMania wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:36 am Will this game be on mytown tv?
Nope spectrum
I hope so for people who can't make it but im not so sure yet.
Attachments
Screenshot_20211109-104348_Facebook.jpg

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Lavon Helm wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:29 am As usual, some great game analysis going on from Southern Ohio football fans.
We're not all like this I promise 😅

Bad Snap
Riding the Bench

Post by Bad Snap »

Bottom line is Ironton needs the elite talent that most don’t have to win.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Bad Snap wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:51 am Bottom line is Ironton needs the elite talent that most don’t have to win.

Or maybe their elite cause they came to Ironton. Depends on which side of fence your on.

Bad Snap
Riding the Bench

Post by Bad Snap »

Either way they can’t win with average Joe’s

Lavon Helm
Riding the Bench

Post by Lavon Helm »

Bad Snap wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:58 am Either way they can’t win with average Joe’s
No one can.

Bad Snap
Riding the Bench

Post by Bad Snap »

Kirkland?

Lavon Helm
Riding the Bench

Post by Lavon Helm »

Bad Snap wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:02 am Kirkland?
You think those kids are average? I'm not sure what program you've been watching if you call them average.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Its been proven lots of times kids that are above average in talent want to go to a school where they get a shot at being noticed and playing for a winner. Schools with a tradition for winning are always on the radar first for parents who want little Johnny or Susie to have the best shot to succeed. Its just a fact. Congrats to South Webster's Volleyball Team for making it to the Final Four. Are they all homegrown Webster girls or are they transplants? I don't know and don't really care because the bottom line is they had to play and win the matches. AND, I say that as a case in point it happens in every sport. Kids go where they can win and get a shot at playing time.

Bad Snap
Riding the Bench

Post by Bad Snap »

Compared to D1 talent they are

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Until Ironton wins a state title with their JV team, they will have proven nothing!

Lavon Helm
Riding the Bench

Post by Lavon Helm »

Bad Snap wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:11 am Compared to D1 talent they are
To make something average, you need a top and bottom. If D1 is your top, what is your bottom? Because a lot of their starters would be in the top tiers of Division V football talent. That is not average. And it is Kirtland, by the way.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Having watched Ironton once and Burg once both were abt the middle of the season I think the biggest keys will come from certain guys on each side
Ironton- Keyes, he may not be the feature back for the game but I think he will end up as it as the game goes, Hurd from Waverly was able to run for a good bit late into that game but Waverly didn’t use him early
Burg- Lattimore, apologies I don’t know their first names I know they are brothers, while I think 2 is better than 16, 16 is not too shabby and is a nice change of pace back from his brother. However if Burg runs 2 consistently and let’s him get in a groove they will fair well
I do like Ironton -2.5 tho I think both teams are a lot different from about 12 weeks ago when they first played

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process

Return to “Football”