WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Ironmen98
All State

Re: WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Post by Ironmen98 »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:23 am Just like last week. Ironton could have ran 15 and 7 to victory. Wheelersburg never stopped #7.

Turnovers are a result of lack of discipline and coaching. Ball security is an element of coaching. Ironton got out coached and it wasn’t just tonight. Ironton got worse from week 1 and Wheelersburg got better

Maybe you’ll have a new coach next year

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

PTrojan59 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:17 am
Izladoom wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:49 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:40 pm

Yeah, then we might have been able to hear the split the pot numbers called with THREE MINUTES LEFT IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!

Anyone else get duped into buying one??? My question did the OHSAA allow split the pot to help the host make some money or did the PHS cheerleaders pull a fast one and just sell them? Did anyone hear if there was a winner???

We had the same problem when valley played week 1 you couldn’t hear the announcer on the visiting side

The PA system at Portsmouth is one of the worst around. You’d think a nice big fairly new (12ish years old) facility would have a good PA system, but nope. It’s hard to hear on the home side. When they play music it’s typically staticky, and then they play all these goofy sounds and phrases that when combined with the terrible quality of the PA make it sometimes unbearable. But to answer the previous question split the pot actually is going towards a new PA system, thank you for your donation. :lol:

The lady told me it was for the PHS cheerleaders so I really got duped then!!! Lol

The PA system is horrible and like was said above, no music blaring. Only the crowd made it a playoff atmosphere. Come up to Burg and listen to there pregame music. Gets you fired up for the game.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Be glad you didn't sit where I was right under I guess the only speaker from what I'm reading, it was really loud and annoying so be thankful if you didn't hear it lol

Congratulations to burg

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

biggdowgg wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:55 am Be glad you didn't sit where I was right under I guess the only speaker from what I'm reading, it was really loud and annoying so be thankful if you didn't hear it lol

Congratulations to burg
Geez i've never noticed it but sounds like Portsmouth needs to update the PA system 😅 several people noticing it and not just one game.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I hate even bringing up the PA system cause other than that, Portsmouth provided a great site and did a hell of a job hosting this huge game tonight. Beautiful facility and great setting in downtown Portsmouth.*

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:02 am
biggdowgg wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:55 am Be glad you didn't sit where I was right under I guess the only speaker from what I'm reading, it was really loud and annoying so be thankful if you didn't hear it lol

Congratulations to burg
Geez i've never noticed it but sounds like Portsmouth needs to update the PA system 😅 several people noticing it and not just one game.
I bought 2 arms length of split the pot and was like yeah I definitely wasted my money I wouldn’t hear if I won or not 😂

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:05 am

Congratulations to burg
I bought 2 arms length of split the pot and was like yeah I definitely wasted my money I wouldn’t hear if I won or not 😂

Also, most places announce split the pot at the half or sometime in the 3rd quarter, not with 3 minutes left in the game. Kind of cuts down on the chance of there being a winner. No winner equals 100 % profit.

That's it!!!! It's a profit deal!!!!! Now I get it!!!

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:10 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:05 am

Also, most places announce split the pot at the half or sometime in the 3rd quarter, not with 3 minutes left in the game. Kind of cuts down on the chance of there being a winner. No winner equals 100 % profit.

That's it!!!! It's a profit deal!!!!! Now I get it!!!
Well that’s what the girls were telling me they are supposed to do it 3rd quarter and I bought them midway through halftime and was like are they even going to get my tickets up by the time they pick one because I know they usually call them in the 3rd like you said

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Congratulations to BURG, great win.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Big win for burg. Ironton was really good.

The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

For as much as Pendleton has done for the Ironton program it's terrible the way some in the community are bashing him. Perhaps they were happier back in the days when you were losing by 4-5 touchdowns to Burg. I don't think he got out coached as much as the kids just got out played. Ultimately it's up to players to execute the plays that are called and they didn't execute as well as Burg. Turnovers come down to the last player to have the ball not the play called. Congrats to the kids from Burg they won this game by not giving up and wanting it more. This isn't a jab at the kids either it's just the way it was last night as some nights the other players on the field are hungrier than you are.

The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

Not A Homer wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:11 pmgg
Maybe you should go to the school board and apply for the job instead of hiding behind your keyboard. If you would like I'll meet you at the next school board meeting and introduce you. PM me and I will give you a date and time!

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Crazy stat of the game, Burg’s total offense 130 yards. Ironton’s RB Keys 132 yards rushing with 19 carries

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Bfan99 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:30 am Crazy stat of the game, Burg’s total offense 130 yards. Ironton’s RB Keys 132 yards rushing with 19 carries
When that happens usually if you check the turnover column you’ll see why I always say penalties and turnovers are Irontons biggest obstacle (outside of Kirtland) and nothing I saw last night makes me think any different
Last edited by MrFirstTake on Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

The Regulator wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:29 am
Not A Homer wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:11 pmgg
Maybe you should go to the school board and apply for the job instead of hiding behind your keyboard. If you would like I'll meet you at the next school board meeting and introduce you. PM me and I will give you a date and time!
Great post!! Look at where your program was before Trevon came! I just can’t believe what I’m reading, mostly from people with just a few posts. This is not the same team as last couple of years!
As for the transfers, Burg has taken from every school in Scioto County, and a couple from Lawrence. Get over it and move on.

fbbacker
Riding the Bench

Post by fbbacker »

Adults on here complaining about a coach who took a team to 2 state title games, the PA system, his attendance at the Jackson game the night before, etc.

The person who posted the picture of Pendleton after the game with the caption underneath should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

This is only HS football people. 15-18 year old KIDS.

The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

heiners wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:21 pm IRONTON HAS A GREAT RECRUITER BUT A SAD COACH HE GOT MAHNHANDLED AND LOOKJED SILLLY ALL NIGHT SO PREDICTABLE IT WASNT FUNNY AT LEAST THE KIDS CAN GO TO SUNDAY SCHOOL IN HE MORNING AND NOIT FOOTBALL PRACTICE
What was your record as head coach

Football fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Football fan »

grayjonathan42 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:21 pm Maybe coach pendleton should of stayed home Friday night instead of being on the sideline of the Jackson playoff game all night Friday focus on your team not another and yes I was at the Jackson game Friday night and this game tonight saw Trevor and other coaches right there on the Jackson sideline looking like his team didn't have a regional semifinal the next day I'm not saying they lost cause of that but I wouldn't like my teams coach off helping another team the night before a big game
He was just recruiting some Jackson players for next year

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I loved the atmosphere and loved seeing Portsmouth packed. My takeaways from the game are there seems to be some kind of issue with ironton coaches and number 7, maybe a attitude issue, Coach issue or injury. You play him more I think the outcome is different. You can’t play a kid 2 plays and bring him back the next quarter. The fumble was a killer but let the kid play and get in a groove. The 2nd quarter was a absolute killer. Ironton went from the run game to getting fancy and threw a pick and went away from the run. Pendleton has done amazing with the program but he’s got to find a identity on offense. The play calling was god awful, there had to be something wrong with Wylie because he looked awful too. I would of played the freshman after seeing numerous bad snaps. But I’m just a couch coach lol. A kid as good as Keyes needs to possibly think about if ironton is a good fit for him because there’s some kind of issue it looks like. Any school would love to have him. Congrats to burg. The kicker is the secret weapon. Good luck next week

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Like someone said before , sometimes when you play good teams , you may lose a football game. It’s ok, the sun came up this morning. Everyone but the state champions will end the season in a loss, and when it’s over it stings. Come January teams will start working out and getting for next year . I personally appreciate every student athlete, every coaching staff, every band member , support clubs and everyone else who works so us old fat guys can go watch a season of high school football. Well done by all and good luck Burg ! 🏴‍☠️ 🏆

Return to “Football”