EasternDspy wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:25 am Point Pleasant - 623
Marietta - 592
Warren -504
Cambridge - 447
Morgan - 415
Williamstown - 395
Fort Frye - 264
Waterford - 151
Point is bigger than I thought, wow. Warren is way smaller than usual. Thanks for the numbers.
The numbers for the Ohio schools are only three grades. I know Marietta is in the 750-800 range for all four grades. Warren probably around 650.

pioneer19
All Conference

Re: (New) Twin State League

Post by pioneer19 »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:47 pm Updates -

Athens and Alexander have joined as Soccer teams only.

They made a tiebreaker for football next season.

Williamstown has been contacted to join as well as Cambridge.

They think they can get Logan in a few years.

Athens and Meigs are also targets.
Got to give the league a lot of credit. They are really working hard to expand.

Are the WV classes you posted official?

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

pioneer19 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:13 pm
beg003 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:00 am
EasternDspy wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:25 am Point Pleasant - 623
Marietta - 592
Warren -504
Cambridge - 447
Morgan - 415
Williamstown - 395
Fort Frye - 264
Waterford - 151
Point is bigger than I thought, wow. Warren is way smaller than usual. Thanks for the numbers.
The numbers for the Ohio schools are only three grades. I know Marietta is in the 750-800 range for all four grades. Warren probably around 650.
That makes much more sense. Thanks!

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

I thought Cambridge was happy in the Buckeye 8. Did something happen?

(I know it might be somewhere in the 8 pages but I don't want to read it all.)

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

teach1coach2 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:26 pm I thought Cambridge was happy in the Buckeye 8. Did something happen?

Go Blue Knights

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

teach1coach2 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:26 pm I thought Cambridge was happy in the Buckeye 8. Did something happen?

1. Martins Ferries and Edison left so it's an 8 team league. Because of that, they are moving to mandatory scheduling and removing the two divisions. Therefore, regular trips to East Liverpool and Beaver Local.

2. Commissioner left and they still haven't found a replacement 9 months later. That so-called commissioner screwed us out of a chance for the league title in baseball by pulling some shady crap.

Still a better option that TSL. Guaranteed qualifications in all OVAC tourneys and continued play against long time rivals.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

BobcatQB wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:07 am

1. Martins Ferries and Edison left so it's an 8 team league. Because of that, they are moving to mandatory scheduling and removing the two divisions. Therefore, regular trips to East Liverpool and Beaver Local.

2. Commissioner left and they still haven't found a replacement 9 months later. That so-called commissioner screwed us out of a chance for the league title in baseball by pulling some shady crap.

Still a better option that TSL. Guaranteed qualifications in all OVAC tourneys and continued play against long time rivals.
What was the baseball situation?

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

enigmaax wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:21 am

The Ferries cancelled a game w/ us because it was "too cold" and wouldn't reschedule it. Gave them 5 dates where we were both available and they refused to play us. We already beat them once but needed to play them again to complete the qualification to play for the title (had to play everyone twice). We had the best record in the division but couldn't play for the title because he told them they didn't have to make up the game. Instead, he awarded the 2nd place team to take our place.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

BobcatQB wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:50 am

The Ferries cancelled a game w/ us because it was "too cold" and wouldn't reschedule it. Gave them 5 dates where we were both available and they refused to play us. We already beat them once but needed to play them again to complete the qualification to play for the title (had to play everyone twice). We had the best record in the division but couldn't play for the title because he told them they didn't have to make up the game. Instead, he awarded the 2nd place team to take our place.
Thanks for explaining. Apparently there isn’t a league rule where if you decline to play a certain number of open dates then you forfeit?

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

enigmaax wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:02 pm

Thanks for explaining. Apparently there isn’t a league rule where if you decline to play a certain number of open dates then you forfeit?
Exactly, something should have been done instead of just letting it go. I was told there is no mention of this in the by-laws. How? It's certainly not fair to the 2nd Place team if a forfeit was awarded to the 1st Place team either. However, that would have been the better option since we had a better record and split with the 2nd Place team. Awarding your 'friends' and not penalizing your 'friends' is crap. The decision was 100% made by the commissioner. He originally decided to have us play the 2nd Place team for the title then changed his mind when the 1st Place team from the other division complained. I agree that this was not fair to them either. Just making stuff up as it goes is not the way to run a league.

Cambridge was an outsider and was not included in his promotion as a sports director for the largest newspaper in the valley. His personal twitter feed where he promotes certain schools constantly, doesn't include us. Cambridge made the Regional Finals in baseball for only the second time in school history..nothing was said. But he told everyone how great the St. C. team/coach was everyday...a team that won one game in the tourney.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

BobcatQB wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:06 am

Exactly, something should have been done instead of just letting it go. I was told there is no mention of this in the by-laws. How? It's certainly not fair to the 2nd Place team if a forfeit was awarded to the 1st Place team either. However, that would have been the better option since we had a better record and split with the 2nd Place team. Awarding your 'friends' and not penalizing your 'friends' is crap. The decision was 100% made by the commissioner. He originally decided to have us play the 2nd Place team for the title then changed his mind when the 1st Place team from the other division complained. I agree that this was not fair to them either. Just making stuff up as it goes is not the way to run a league.

Cambridge was an outsider and was not included in his promotion as a sports director for the largest newspaper in the valley. His personal twitter feed where he promotes certain schools constantly, doesn't include us. Cambridge made the Regional Finals in baseball for only the second time in school history..nothing was said. But he told everyone how great the St. C. team/coach was everyday...a team that won one game in the tourney.
You mentioned the ability for Cambridge to play its long-time rivals as a reason the current conference is still a better fit. I assume Meadowbrook is one of those - what other rivalry games are important to Cambridge? In a league with 5-6 teams where you’d have several open dates, would it still be possible to sustain this rivalries?

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

enigmaax wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:45 am
BobcatQB wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:06 am

You mentioned the ability for Cambridge to play its long-time rivals as a reason the current conference is still a better fit. I assume Meadowbrook is one of those - what other rivalry games are important to Cambridge? In a league with 5-6 teams where you’d have several open dates, would it still be possible to sustain this rivalries?
Definitely would be able to fill several open dates. Bellaire, Wintersville (Indian Creek), St. Clairsville are teams with long histories. Besides Marietta, there really isn't a long term relationship with TSL schools.

The OVAC has a post season tourney for most sports but teams need to play a certain amount of games against OVAC opponents to qualify for the tourney. The B8 basically guarantees post season eligibility because all the B8 are in the OVAC too.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Buckeye 8 is crumbling teams don’t like the mandated scheduling.

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

Fort Frye, Marietta, and Warren are all members of the OVAC also.

Return to “Football”