Should the TVC be worried about the new TSL?

Dundas
SEOPS

Should the TVC be worried about the new TSL?

Post by Dundas »

With the creation of the Twin State League, should the TVC be worried about the TSL possibly taking some current TVC teams? The footprint of the TSL covers a good portion of the current TVC. Does the TVC try to counter this by expanding south and west? The TSL could change the landscape of SEO conferences just like the TVC did in the 1970’s and 80’s.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Should the TVC be worried about the new TSL?

Post by Orange and Brown »

Honestly, why would teams leave a stable established league for a new league?
The TVC has established rivalries and is competitive in most sports.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

No, the TVC has a strong foundation. Happy for every one in this new league, especially Fort it will make them finding games much easier. With that being said I don’t see why the TVC teams would leave. I think these two leagues can co exist just fine.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Yeah. The TVC should be hitting the panic button over a league where half of the membership is Ft Frye and Pt. Pleasant. :roll:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:42 pm Yeah. The TVC should be hitting the panic button over a league where half of the membership is Ft Frye and Pt. Pleasant. :roll:
The TVC started out as a 4 team conference with two Washington county members. It took a few years but the TVC was the ultimate demise of the seoal. No one ever thought that conference would disappear.

SG REBEL

Post by SG REBEL »

Ohio division should not be a concern at all.

As for the Hocking, I think in years to come as the TSL expands, you could see the remaining hocking schools join the TSL and form a lower division and schools like Frontier, Calwell, etc to join them. (excluding Trimble who I think would stay in the TVC even if it meant moving to the Ohio). The Hocking is down to 6 teams next year and I don't see it lasting very long

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

SG REBEL wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:03 pm Ohio division should not be a concern at all.

As for the Hocking, I think in years to come as the TSL expands, you could see the remaining hocking schools join the TSL and form a lower division and schools like Frontier, Calwell, etc to join them. (excluding Trimble who I think would stay in the TVC even if it meant moving to the Ohio). The Hocking is down to 6 teams next year and I don't see it lasting very long
Interesting take. I never really thought about the TSL adding enough for a small school division. Your point makes sense though because the TVC Hocking is very much in the same footprint as the TSL.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I would think the success of the new league would be nothing but good for the area.
Both leagues can succeed.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Gallia Academy, Meigs and Athens should be the 3 schools that look to join. IMO

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

SG REBEL wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:03 pm Ohio division should not be a concern at all.

Hopefully the TSL will get Thimble and the Hocking would be a solid league. Unfortunately, seeing how they dodged Fort Frye in football I doubt they would make that move.

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

What schools are in the new TSL?

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

RVRaiderFan wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:56 am What schools are in the new TSL?
Fort Frye, Warren, Marrietta, and Point Pleasant , WV.

I think the TSL formation is more about a need for a conference home for the involved schools rather than a burning desire to become a super conference. I believe in their announcement the TSL said they would welcome as dual members schools who wish to maintain existing conference relationships. That does not sound predatory versus the TVC.

I do have some questions. I remember an article about a new Mid Ohio Valley Conference comprised of schools from Ohio and WV. Did that fall through? Is the TSL the remnants, or is the MOVC still moving forward?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Omega wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:28 pm

I think the TSL formation is more about a need for a conference home for the involved schools rather than a burning desire to become a super conference. I believe in their announcement the TSL said they would welcome as dual members schools who wish to maintain existing conference relationships. That does not sound predatory versus the TVC.

I do have some questions. I remember an article about a new Mid Ohio Valley Conference comprised of schools from Ohio and WV. Did that fall through? Is the TSL the remnants, or is the MOVC still moving forward?
I figure you are thinking about the Mid Ohio Valley League (MOVL) that formed a couple years ago as a small school league consisting of Monroe Central, River, Shadyside, Frontier, Bridgeport, and Magnolia (who left in 2021, it appears). Last summer they added Beallsville, Paden City, Shenandoah, and Barnesville.

Prior to that, there was an Ohio/WV small school conference called the River Valley Conference, I believe. I can’t find much online about it, but I seem to recall Beallsville joined it sometime after leaving the PVC. Not sure of all the schools, but Beallsville played teams like St John Central, Bridgeport, Conotton Valley, Cameron (WV), Bishop Donahue (WV), Clay-Battelle (WV), Paden City (WV) regularly, so I think there was some combination there that formed a conference.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

enigmaax wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:33 pm
Omega wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:28 pm

I figure you are thinking about the Mid Ohio Valley League (MOVL) that formed a couple years ago as a small school league consisting of Monroe Central, River, Shadyside, Frontier, Bridgeport, and Magnolia (who left in 2021, it appears). Last summer they added Beallsville, Paden City, Shenandoah, and Barnesville.

Prior to that, there was an Ohio/WV small school conference called the River Valley Conference, I believe. I can’t find much online about it, but I seem to recall Beallsville joined it sometime after leaving the PVC. Not sure of all the schools, but Beallsville played teams like St John Central, Bridgeport, Conotton Valley, Cameron (WV), Bishop Donahue (WV), Clay-Battelle (WV), Paden City (WV) regularly, so I think there was some combination there that formed a conference.
That be it. Thank you for the info!

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

The TVC needs to give Athens the boot to the tsl. Go play with schools your size, minus Fort Frye. They are playing well now in all sports.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

WellstonLover wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:58 pm The TVC needs to give Athens the boot to the tsl. Go play with schools your size, minus Fort Frye. They are playing well now in all sports.
Is Fort Frye in an area where they will grow in population?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Add Warren to the TVC!!!!!!!! and Even Gallipolis to the TVC.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:07 pm
WellstonLover wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:58 pm The TVC needs to give Athens the boot to the tsl. Go play with schools your size, minus Fort Frye. They are playing well now in all sports.
Is Fort Frye in an area where they will grow in population?
I’m not from Fort Frye but have played them in enough sports and have enough friends there to say that the population seems pretty static and likely won’t grow or shrink exponentially. They seem to remain pretty consistent population-wise.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

baseball16 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:50 am Gallia Academy, Meigs and Athens should be the 3 schools that look to join. IMO
Don't think Meigs would be able to win in TSL.

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

itsme wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:29 pm
baseball16 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:50 am Gallia Academy, Meigs and Athens should be the 3 schools that look to join. IMO
Don't think Meigs would be able to win in TSL.
They don’t win in the TVC Ohio either.

Return to “Football”