Ironton 29 Jackson 26 2022

countywide35
SEOP

Ironton 29 Jackson 26 2022

Post by countywide35 »

Both programs entering week 2
1-0

Last years game was one for the history books.

should be a fun one on The Hill

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
RelaxGoat

Re: Ironton@Jackson Week 2

Post by RelaxGoat »

I am not sure how good Ironton is, but the extra point unit could lose them some games.

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

RelaxGoat wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:35 am I am not sure how good Ironton is, but the extra point unit could lose them some games.
Yup. It looked bad.

And the unforced errors and lack of offensive identity is stll there also.

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

I’ll go Ironton. Jackson play calling as predictable as burgs.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Go Jackson !!! Got upset wrote all over it.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I’ll go Jackson. That’s a solid first game win.

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

Man imagine if Ironton & Burg both head into week 5 with losing records. ..

At this point I think the probability isn't unreasonable.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Hard to decide on this game. Ironton could have played the 2nd or third best team in SEO last night. Jackson played probably one of the worst programs in SEO. Logan is no team to use to compare wins. I only see Jackson winning this game if they could beat Burg. I will back Jackson in this game mostly because they are an OLD SEOAL Team.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Jackson big. Ironton did not look as advertised.

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Without a different coach calling the offense and playing their best personnel on defense (which clearly didn’t happen last night), Ironton loses at Jackson. If he turns it over to one of his offensive coaches, he has two that come to mind, Ironton wins in another tight, physical battle.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

GoBigI wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:58 am Without a different coach calling the offense and playing their best personnel on defense (which clearly didn’t happen last night), Ironton loses at Jackson. If he turns it over to one of his offensive coaches, he has two that come to mind, Ironton wins in another tight, physical battle.
The guy is 42-9 to start his career. Let’s pump the brakes a little bit. He’s also led the program to 2 state games. Ironton has had a ton of guys out during camp this off season and I had a parent tell me last night that Keyes hasn’t practiced until this week. Guess he pulled a hamstring back in June. There were some kids who were clearly gassed that need to get in better shape.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

42-9 and 2 state runner-ups even trumps The Legend in Ironton.

Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

RelaxGoat wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:35 am I am not sure how good Ironton is, but the extra point unit could lose them some games.
They tried one extra point and that was after Pendelton was indecisive about what they were doing and the unit had to rush onto the field. Not sure that’s enough of a sample to make this judgment.

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

XandOs wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:03 am
GoBigI wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:58 am Without a different coach calling the offense and playing their best personnel on defense (which clearly didn’t happen last night), Ironton loses at Jackson. If he turns it over to one of his offensive coaches, he has two that come to mind, Ironton wins in another tight, physical battle.
The guy is 42-9 to start his career. Let’s pump the brakes a little bit. He’s also led the program to 2 state games. Ironton has had a ton of guys out during camp this off season and I had a parent tell me last night that Keyes hasn’t practiced until this week. Guess he pulled a hamstring back in June. There were some kids who were clearly gassed that need to get in better shape.
Great points, and I agree with the success in the playoffs. But what has happened with each playoff loss? He laid an egg offensively. He is way too predictable and is clearly not an offensive mind. When you have an absolute stud like Reid you can ride him for a long playoff run. We eventually found some guys up north who were ready to stop the predictable one dimensional gameplan. Complaints about his play calling didn’t just start last night, they’ve been here since he’s been here.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

The complaints about Lutz play calling were also here every week. The Burg people were complaining about their play calling last night. The team Ironton beat last night was 1 broken run last year from playing in state semi-finals. The team they could had beat lost by 1 score to the state champion. I think us Ironton fans are a little bit spoiled. We aren’t at practices or around the kids all the time. We don’t know the situations and what was going on sideline. Keyes got it 11 times last night according to paper. He led us in carries. Felder ran it 8 times and Carpenter threw the ball 12 times. Wheelersburg ran twice as many plays on offense as Ironton did. They kept Ironton off the field.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Win or lose against Jackson, it won't make or break Irontons season. It's win win for the Tigers. If they lose, it just makes them better and gets them ready for the playoffs. Win, keep on Rollin.
Jackson being the bigger school needs the win more, IMO.

Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

XandOs wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:36 am The complaints about Lutz play calling were also here every week. The Burg people were complaining about their play calling last night. The team Ironton beat last night was 1 broken run last year from playing in state semi-finals. The team they could had beat lost by 1 score to the state champion. I think us Ironton fans are a little bit spoiled. We aren’t at practices or around the kids all the time. We don’t know the situations and what was going on sideline. Keyes got it 11 times last night according to paper. He led us in carries. Felder ran it 8 times and Carpenter threw the ball 12 times. Wheelersburg ran twice as many plays on offense as Ironton did. They kept Ironton off the field.
Play calling isn’t just about number of touches. It’s situational when it comes to formations, down and distance, and defensive tendencies. Getting players the touches in the right situation is a problem. Getting play calls in on time seems like an issue as well.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

I heard another rumor on the hill side last night. A couple guys that have kids on team said someone had gotten into the Ironton locker room at Ironton and put the players cleats in water and the players didn’t notice til it was time to leave. Dirty tricks by someone but it didn’t matter. Ironton still found a way to win.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Should be a great game, not picking a winner ,but I'm sure Jackson still has a bad taste in their mouth over last year's game, maybe even

"embarrassed" a little bit and maybe even a sign saying "Ironton is on the clock" the kids have been waiting on this game.

Ok, inside joke. Lol ,I would love to see this game, hopefully a live feed ?

mackdog
Freshman Team

Post by mackdog »

Should be an epic battle up on the hill next Friday. The Ironmen are sure to be seeking revenge after what happened last year at Tank Stadium. Athletes all over the field on both sides. SEO game of the year??? Friday can't get here soon enough!

Return to “Football”