Ironton fans do not condone this type of behavior

MyBodyDifferent
Freshman Team

Re: Ironton fans do not condone this type of behavior

Post by MyBodyDifferent »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:56 am
MyBodyDifferent wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:51 am
RBH23 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:34 pm

LOL. Even if there was animosity, do you really think Pendleton would publicly acknowledge it. 🤦‍♂️

A transfer here and there is one thing, but if bringing in 3-4 per year becomes a regular practice, Ironton might face problems within their own conference; especially if those transfers come from within the conference. Leagues disband or teams get tossed out over transferring kids.

An extreme example of this is Moeller. Take a look at their schedule. They only play three teams in the Cincy area, and only because those three teams are in the GCL. Four teams are outside the state, and three from northern Ohio.

All of this despite plenty of top notch D1 and D2 teams in the Cincinnati/Dayton area. Problem is, a number of these schools have publicly stated that they will not schedule Moeller or other GCL schools. Simply don’t want to play against their own kids.

So the transfer game has many pluses for improving a team. But there are also serious consequences if the transferring gets carried away.
The funny thing is most of the transfers from the whole Lutz era were from the local schools you speak of so what makes it any different now? Most of the kids who came all of the years Lutz coached were from Rock Hill Coal Grove South Point Ashland green Fairland they've always came from those places anybody in the know can tell you this 100 percent is the truth
Ironton wasn’t in the same conference with any of those schools except Portsmouth. And back then, Ironton went through some conference turmoil. Look up defunct Ohio high school conferences.

Also consider this: next to Portsmouth, who is Ironton’s next major rival? It was Ashland. Always a big game, yet now they don’t play.

Look at Wheelersburg-Portsmouth. One kid transfer and a few tough years, and Portsmouth dropped Burg like a bag of dirt.

So this does happen.
It does happen but it's rare and also it doesn't matter honestly I'd like to see Ironton going back to playing Alder Watterson Hartley and those teams again anyways if this many new kids will come every year that's probably inevitable anyways

*MrFirstTake*
THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

MyBodyDifferent wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:34 am

The funny thing is most of the transfers from the whole Lutz era were from the local schools you speak of so what makes it any different now? Most of the kids who came all of the years Lutz coached were from Rock Hill Coal Grove South Point Ashland green Fairland they've always came from those places anybody in the know can tell you this 100 percent is the truth
Ironton wasn’t in the same conference with any of those schools except Portsmouth. And back then, Ironton went through some conference turmoil. Look up defunct Ohio high school conferences.

Also consider this: next to Portsmouth, who is Ironton’s next major rival? It was Ashland. Always a big game, yet now they don’t play.

Look at Wheelersburg-Portsmouth. One kid transfer and a few tough years, and Portsmouth dropped Burg like a bag of dirt.

So this does happen.
It does happen but it's rare and also it doesn't matter honestly I'd like to see Ironton going back to playing Alder Watterson Hartley and those teams again anyways if this many new kids will come every year that's probably inevitable anyways
It's possible but Ironton is every other local teams best gate. Money talks.

Sidenote: I watched GW and Cabell Midland last night. Gw is gonna molly whop Ashland.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

So this does happen.
Ironton is not quite ready for that kind of schedule. Plus, Ironton needs to be in some conference. Without a conference, filling out a football schedule is tough; a schedule for all other sports is nearly impossible.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:55 am

So this does happen.

Sidenote: I watched GW and Cabell Midland last night. Gw is gonna molly whop Ashland.
Ironton was a huge gate for Ashland, yet they moved on.

Burg was a great gate for Portsmouth, but Portsmouth went as far as dropping Burg during a scheduled home game to play on the road at a school 3 hours away.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:42 am
THEEE_GAME wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:55 am

Ironton was a huge gate for Ashland, yet they moved on.

Burg was a great gate for Portsmouth, but Portsmouth went as far as dropping Burg during a scheduled home game to play on the road at a school 3 hours away.
Yes. Sometimes emotional immaturity and bitterness wins out unfortunately. It's a valid point.

MyBodyDifferent
Freshman Team

Post by MyBodyDifferent »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:39 am

So this does happen.
Ironton is not quite ready for that kind of schedule. Plus, Ironton needs to be in some conference. Without a conference, filling out a football schedule is tough; a schedule for all other sports is nearly impossible.
I think different Ironton can play with those teams for sure and especially if they get a real gameplan on offense the way this defense has played since 2019 gives them a chance against anyone it just comes down to offensive execution and play calling to me honestly. I get the point of trying to fill out a schedule but as far as not being able to compete I don't believe it

*MrFirstTake*
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

MyBodyDifferent wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:08 pm

I think different Ironton can play with those teams for sure and especially if they get a real gameplan on offense the way this defense has played since 2019 gives them a chance against anyone it just comes down to offensive execution and play calling to me honestly. I get the point of trying to fill out a schedule but as far as not being able to compete I don't believe it
Hartley appears down this year. Not sure about the other two, but these top D3/D4 schools are a different level of physicality. Wyoming, Fenwick, Clinton Massie… these aren’t cupcakes. And to play them game after game after game…

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:53 pm

Hartley appears down this year. Not sure about the other two, but these top D3/D4 schools are a different level of physicality. Wyoming, Fenwick, Clinton Massie… these aren’t cupcakes. And to play them game after game after game…
Clinton Massie looks like they might be down as well. Lost again tonight. 0-2.

Sometimes that happens when you win a championship the previous year.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Otto wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:07 am
RBH23 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:53 pm
Clinton Massie looks like they might be down as well. Lost again tonight. 0-2.

Sometimes that happens when you win a championship the previous year.
Yeah, saw that. They usually just reload but must have lost a lot. Surprised Burg or Ironton haven’t tried to get them on the schedule. I know Coldwater has played them before.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I thought I heard the McNick announcer say they play Hartley this year.

Ironton best not leave the OVC, I'm telling you Pendleton will be leaving for greener pastures. Stand back and watch. Unless they bring in another coach who can recruit like him they could make for some hard times.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:51 am I thought I heard the McNick announcer say they play Hartley this year.

Ironton best not leave the OVC, I'm telling you Pendleton will be leaving for greener pastures. Stand back and watch. Unless they bring in another coach who can recruit like him they could make for some hard times.
They do have Hartley coming up. Also Alter, Fenwick, and Hamilton Badin. Tough schedule.

Return to “Football”