Waverly 27 - 48 Unioto 2022

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Waverly 27 - 48 Unioto 2022

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

Both teams are 2-0 for the first time in a while. I’m really excited for this one. Unioto’s defense has been flying around and seems impressive but hasn’t faced an offense like Waverly yet.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Re: 2-0 Unioto @ 2-0 Waverly

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

This should be very very interesting. The U having played a down Amanda team and taking care of business. And Waverly putting it to Johnstown in the second half.

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Tigersfan2020
Waterboy

Post by Tigersfan2020 »

If waverly can run the ball this will be a good game

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Waverly 34-21

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Looking forward to this game. This to me will be a pivotal game for both teams moving forward. Waverly has a much harder schedule ahead so they need it more.

Not making predictions. Just happy to be here at 2-0.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Nice little matchup

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Should be a war
Pulling for Waverly.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Always the best team on our schedule. They always have so many weapons. Tall task to go down there and win. Hope we can keep the ball away from them and stay healthy. For us to win we need to catch all the breaks and get lucky on a few others.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto has been excellent against the run so far, but Waverly will be a much bigger test in that regard.

The Shermans can’t have penalties and turnovers quell any of their momentum or it will be a long night in Tigertown

I like what I’m seeing from the Tanks, so I think this will be an excellent ballgame.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:52 pm Unioto has been excellent against the run so far, but Waverly will be a much bigger test in that regard.

The Shermans can’t have penalties and turnovers quell any of their momentum or it will be a long night in Tigertown

I like what I’m seeing from the Tanks, so I think this will be an excellent ballgame.
Unioto has dominated the line of scrimmage the first 2 weeks, especially on defense. Waverly will be bigger and more physical than VC or AC but if Unioto can hold their own, they have the athletes to make some plays. And on offense, the only thing holding them back is themselves. Impressed with how they share the ball. Would like to see 2 and 7 get more touches.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:52 pm Unioto has been excellent against the run so far, but Waverly will be a much bigger test in that regard.

Hope the defense keeps it up. Waverly is very good on offense. There rb is unreal

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Rolltanks wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:07 pm

Hope the defense keeps it up. Waverly is very good on offense. There rb is unreal
Hopefully A Griffin, Perkins, and Nolan Fox can keep up the pressure like they’ve been doing. I love the energy and intensity this defense has. They play as a unit and I haven’t seen that in a few years.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

GeneralCarpenter wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:11 pm
Rolltanks wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:07 pm

Hopefully A Griffin, Perkins, and Nolan Fox can keep up the pressure like they’ve been doing. I love the energy and intensity this defense has. They play as a unit and I haven’t seen that in a few years.
Ya me too the def coordinator is from nw Ohio they play good football up there.

Waverlysports
Waterboy

Re: WK3: 2-0 Unioto @ 2-0 Waverly

Post by Waverlysports »

Waverly will wear down most defensive lines. They play very fast

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Waverlysports wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:11 pm Waverly will wear down most defensive lines. They play very fast
Our line goes one way hope that helps somewhat

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Well after seeing a couple games of Unioto, Waverly is far and away the best team they will have faced. Unioto looks like they have some pieces, similar to Waverly, looks like they’ll keep getting better as the season rolls along. Unioto secondary comes up quick and attacks but they haven’t faced a passing team, both AC and VC were able to run straight ahead at Unioto. Felt they got into trouble when they tried to stretch Unioto out just to quick to the ball for that. Both teams need this one in a big way Waverly should come out pumped since it’s the 1st home game of the year. This one will probably come down to the end but I’ll go with Waverly by 1 score.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:18 pm Well after seeing a couple games of Unioto, Waverly is far and away the best team they will have faced. Unioto looks like they have some pieces, similar to Waverly, looks like they’ll keep getting better as the season rolls along. Unioto secondary comes up quick and attacks but they haven’t faced a passing team, both AC and VC were able to run straight ahead at Unioto. Felt they got into trouble when they tried to stretch Unioto out just to quick to the ball for that. Both teams need this one in a big way Waverly should come out pumped since it’s the 1st home game of the year. This one will probably come down to the end but I’ll go with Waverly by 1 score.
I’ve seen waverly in both games. Every time they pass is a win for us. There run game is very impressive. They will be heavy favorites, we just have to keep doing what we do and hope we stay healthy for svc. Idk if we can keep it close or not history says we get blown out. We need to keep going offensively if we stand a chance at all.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Rolltanks wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:22 pm
Tigernation2021 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:18 pm Well after seeing a couple games of Unioto, Waverly is far and away the best team they will have faced. Unioto looks like they have some pieces, similar to Waverly, looks like they’ll keep getting better as the season rolls along. Unioto secondary comes up quick and attacks but they haven’t faced a passing team, both AC and VC were able to run straight ahead at Unioto. Felt they got into trouble when they tried to stretch Unioto out just to quick to the ball for that. Both teams need this one in a big way Waverly should come out pumped since it’s the 1st home game of the year. This one will probably come down to the end but I’ll go with Waverly by 1 score.
I’ve seen waverly in both games. Every time they pass is a win for us. There run game is very impressive. They will be heavy favorites, we just have to keep doing what we do and hope we stay healthy for svc. Idk if we can keep it close or not history says we get blown out. We need to keep going offensively if we stand a chance at all.
I don’t view Waverly has heavy favorites and I don’t know that anyone really does. I think this is going to be a good measuring stick for Unioto heading into SVC play. We can’t go off previous years scores though. Big game for both Waverly needs this one as we head into a tough tough stretch of games.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Rolltanks wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:22 pm
30 passes week one.
21 passes week two.
If the Tigers pass the ball 15 times or less that means the running game was very very successful and that will be a good thing. MAKE THE SHERMANS STOP THE RUN…

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

If Unioto wins this one, they’re on their way to a 10-0 season.

Return to “Football”