Varsity

Re: WK3 Minford @ Wellston

Post by Nicknevada86 »

56-0

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Wellston is a hot mess at this point they're wondering if they should just shut it down, Minford by A LOT

WildManWill
Waterboy

Post by WildManWill »

greygoose wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:19 pm Wellston is a hot mess at this point they're wondering if they should just shut it down, Minford by A LOT
Correct Wellston is a hot mess, but I’m telling you the kids attitudes, effort and willingness to get better is off the charts with Mr. Justus gone. They may not be competitive but something interesting is brewing. We will see if BOE or administration messes up.

With all that being said unfortunately I think Minford will still name the score.

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Rockets are not going to give up. This is a rebuilding season. It is about getting better. Offense looked better from week one to week two. Defense made some good stops. Overall, Wellston will be overmatched. For Rockets it is aboot getting better the next couple of weeks to be more competitive in the TVC. There is a couple of posters crying crocodile tears and making comments about shutting down is not helpful:

Bradley39
Riding the Bench

Post by Bradley39 »

There is nothing brewing in Wellston until they completely clean house, Polcyn included. Minford 49-0 at halftime.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Minford stays undefeated against their putrid non conference foes.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

I really feel bad for Wellston the next couple weeks.
JV will be playing the 2nd half!

WWE HALL OF FAME
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

WildManWill wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:41 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:19 pm Wellston is a hot mess at this point they're wondering if they should just shut it down, Minford by A LOT
Correct Wellston is a hot mess, but I’m telling you the kids attitudes, effort and willingness to get better is off the charts with Mr. Justus gone. They may not be competitive but something interesting is brewing. We will see if BOE or administration messes up.

With all that being said unfortunately I think Minford will still name the score.
Yeah it's the kids in all of this that have really been hosed by so many adults this off-season. Hoping they're able to keep their heads down improve as the year goes on because it is going to be a long one.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Mighty falcons keep on

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

packers80 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:30 pm Minford stays undefeated against their putrid non conference foes.
I think Court House will be a decent test before entering league play.

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

It is the kids who get hosed in all of this, wow !!! The previous coach with all of his Pryor experience, I wonder if he thinks he was hosed. The wrong attitude of any one player is never the cause, really? Suddenly the players have a great attitude ! The interim coach in position now has been there a few short years, wanting to be head coach. So no excuses this is the time.

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

From OC to head Coach, no change!!

mackdog
Freshman Team

Post by mackdog »

gator81 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:34 pm From OC to head Coach, no change!!
Attitudes like this are why Wellston will never be successful long term. By all means, run this coach out of town. Maybe next season they can shoot for a new school record for head coaches in one year. The community and administration should shoot for a cool half dozen!

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Minford needs to start scheduling better teams so they will be better prepared for conference play

Burg grad 85
gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

Where does fan based attitude start. In the stands, From the Field, In the locker room, On the Street? When are the expected results ? 0 and 10 this year we are just building this year. THIS is this coaches 4th year. Surely Wellston is still not clue less.

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

Wasn’t he the OC when they won the league a couple years ago? If you’re going to mention the bad, it’s only fair you mention the good. That was his scheme, not Mike’s. They were prepared, they scored points, they won the league. They had a good roster full of good players.

Man, the game must have really changed in a couple years🤔

I mean, same coach, going to eventually be the same scheme I would guess (after getting rid of what Justus tried to do), but different results.

If this was a science experiment, we would ask what remained constant and what changed.

Same coach, same scheme, different players, different results.

That’s not a slam on this years squad. I’m sure they are good kids with big hearts. But it’s not the same talent level that it was a couple years ago - and that’s for a variety of reasons - some self-inflicted on the part of Wellston and some are just plain cyclical.

Was it his fault players went to other schools? That’s Wellston’s fault, not his, but he has been tasked to clean it up. Also, some kids were hurt- that happens.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

knowledge wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:12 pm
packers80 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:30 pm Minford stays undefeated against their putrid non conference foes.
I think Court House will be a decent test before entering league play.
I think after seeing what WCH did to PV they'll roll over Minford in a big way.

2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

I think Minford is a good football team but as mentioned above this fools gold non conference slate doesn’t help prep for league play. WCH game will tell a lot about whether or not they can push Burg or West.

Return to “Football”