Vinton County 34 - 6 Trimble 2022

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Re: WK3 Trimble @ Vinton County

Post by Ed Gennero »

Glousterite wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:35 am
Tvcfanatic wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:56 am I got vc winning 14-13. but neither team has been impressive what so ever this year after all the hype. just going with vc winning because somebody has to win
I agree that neither team has been a stand out so far. I do give Trimble some credit for giving a big, solid River team a run for their money last week. This should be a good one with the hype from last year. Apparently Trimble dodged VC, this that and the other. Should live up to the hype. Hoping for an injury free game for both teams!

Not sure what’s going on with vc. Talent wise they matchup with everyone in the area. One of the most disappointing teams on 2022 so far.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Both teams struggling for a much much needed win.

Whomever wants it more tonight.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Ed Gennero wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:57 am
Glousterite wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:35 am
Tvcfanatic wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:56 am I got vc winning 14-13. but neither team has been impressive what so ever this year after all the hype. just going with vc winning because somebody has to win
I agree that neither team has been a stand out so far. I do give Trimble some credit for giving a big, solid River team a run for their money last week. This should be a good one with the hype from last year. Apparently Trimble dodged VC, this that and the other. Should live up to the hype. Hoping for an injury free game for both teams!

Not sure what’s going on with vc. Talent wise they matchup with everyone in the area. One of the most disappointing teams on 2022 so far.
i could see it being a dog fight to the end

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

Anyone who watched quarters 1, 2, and 4 of the River game and thinks Trimble "gave River a run," is extremely misguided LOL. River smacked them in the mouth. But that doesn't matter this week. Trimble is pretty bad, but they have been known to make major improvements over a season. VC hasn't shown much yet. If Trimble wins they'll say, "you're lucky we didn't play last year." If VC wins, they'll say "and that's why you dodged us last year." Should be a good old good one.

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Billy Brave wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:58 am Anyone who watched quarters 1, 2, and 4 of the River game and thinks Trimble "gave River a run," is extremely misguided LOL. River smacked them in the mouth. But that doesn't matter this week. Trimble is pretty bad, but they have been known to make major improvements over a season. VC hasn't shown much yet. If Trimble wins they'll say, "you're lucky we didn't play last year." If VC wins, they'll say "and that's why you dodged us last year." Should be a good old good one.
From all the talk, River was supposed to demolish Trimble. Football is a game of 4 quarters, and in the third Trimble came back from a 14-0 deficit to 14-12. If that ain’t giving a team a run, then what is? I’m not disagreeing that Trimble is down this year, but that little come back put River on their heels until the 4th quarter, then they kind of ran off with it making it 28-18. Everyone was expecting River to shut them out and beat them by 30.
On the other hand, I hope our fans don’t use any excuses win or lose tonight. We all know we’re young this year, but as you stated, the coaching staff finds ways to improve. It is what it is at this point. Hopefully we can get the season rolling. Good luck to both teams.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

Glousterite wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:08 am
Billy Brave wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:58 am Anyone who watched quarters 1, 2, and 4 of the River game and thinks Trimble "gave River a run," is extremely misguided LOL. River smacked them in the mouth. But that doesn't matter this week. Trimble is pretty bad, but they have been known to make major improvements over a season. VC hasn't shown much yet. If Trimble wins they'll say, "you're lucky we didn't play last year." If VC wins, they'll say "and that's why you dodged us last year." Should be a good old good one.
From all the talk, River was supposed to demolish Trimble. Football is a game of 4 quarters, and in the third Trimble came back from a 14-0 deficit to 14-12. If that ain’t giving a team a run, then what is? I’m not disagreeing that Trimble is down this year, but that little come back put River on their heels until the 4th quarter, then they kind of ran off with it making it 28-18. Everyone was expecting River to shut them out and beat them by 30.
On the other hand, I hope our fans don’t use any excuses win or lose tonight. We all know we’re young this year, but as you stated, the coaching staff finds ways to improve. It is what it is at this point. Hopefully we can get the season rolling. Good luck to both teams.
Hey if you want to hang your pride on a 3rd qtr "run" then go ahead. Did you watch the 4th? It looked like a high school team against a jr high team. River dominated and it was clear Trimble had no chance. Good luck tonight. I hope Trimble shut's VC up from all the hype and talk of winning the TVC Ohio. If you can't beat Trimble you ain't beating NY.

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Billy Brave wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:12 am
Hey if you want to hang your pride on a 3rd qtr "run" then go ahead. Did you watch the 4th? It looked like a high school team against a jr high team. River dominated and it was clear Trimble had no chance. Good luck tonight. I hope Trimble shut's VC up from all the hype and talk of winning the TVC Ohio. If you can't beat Trimble you ain't beating NY.
I ain’t hanging my pride on nothing, especially this year. Haha. I’m just saying Trimble was supposed to get blown out in a game that ended 28-18. Hoping for a Trimble win, but time will tell I reckon.

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

Glousterite wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:26 am
Billy Brave wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:12 am

I ain’t hanging my pride on nothing, especially this year. Haha. I’m just saying Trimble was supposed to get blown out in a game that ended 28-18. Hoping for a Trimble win, but time will tell I reckon.
I'm saying this will be a breakout game for one of these teams. If you're a Trimble fan you have to hope they didn't take any moral victory from last week and realize how much they need to improve. If you're a VC fan you have to hope the coach hasn't lost the team. May both teams stay healthy.

Appreciation
Waterboy

Post by Appreciation »

Really looking forward to this one. I think Trimbles grit wins this even if they don’t have the talent this year. VC just might surprise me though. They have the pieces if they get better each week.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

I see why Trimble dodged Vinton

Amock0905
Freshman Team

Post by Amock0905 »

21-6 with 6:12 left to go in the half vinton county up

The 24 year drought is over! 🏈🏆
VC94
Riding the Bench

Post by VC94 »

Vinton County is finally looking like the team they should look like. Other than Hembree, the Wellston transfers for Vc have taken over the game. Congrats on the win and on to Meigs!!

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Ed Gennero wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:40 pm I see why Trimble dodged Vinton
If Trimble wanted to dodge VC, this would’ve been the year to do it, not last year. Good game VC. Way to show out.

Bagger Vance
Riding the Bench

Post by Bagger Vance »

Ed Gennero wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:40 pm I see why Trimble dodged Vinton
Cute response. Teams like Trimble have a down year once every 20 years. The target on their back is really huge tho seeing as how Vinton attempted an onside kick up 34-6

Auntyjp
Waterboy

Post by Auntyjp »

ManInBlack wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:02 pm Trimble running clock
I’ll say it again 🤣🤣🤣

buckeyes05
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes05 »

Did expect less from carper? 😂😂

TvC1996
Waterboy

Post by TvC1996 »

NY better get worried after this one ....VC wants the TITLE

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Blown away when I saw Trimble. I thought that was their jv team.
Did Trimble have players out?

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

We should have dodged VC again this year

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Told ya so Trimble! Great job men keep it going! Eat your crow served cold curiosity of VC!

Return to “Football”