Ironton 32 - 21 Johnson Central (KY) 2022

Valenth
SEOP

Ironton 32 - 21 Johnson Central (KY) 2022

Post by Valenth »

Ironton coming off a solid win vs a good Fairland team.

Johnson Central coming off a 1 point Loss to North Laurel.

One thing about Johnson Central.. they are PHYSICAL and a tough team to beat. I believe Ironton is going to have to bring their A Game to win this game.

Thoughts?

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Week 4: (2-1) Johnson Central (KY) @ (3-0) lronton

Post by wobycat »

I think both north laurel and Johnson central are considered d2 schools in Kentucky. Tough test for Ironton. My guess is they will play tough with it being at home and because of the show case. Could easily upset Johnson central. The worry is the physical part of the game. And Ifthey can stay away from injury

CAT22
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT22 »

If ironton makes the mistakes they did against fairland, they will lose by 1-2 scores. If they play a clean game they can win by 1-2 scores.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Game being at Ironton is huge, long travel for those KY boys. Ironton will need to start quick

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I don’t see Johnson central losing 2 in a row. Rooting for the Ohio team but ironton despite winning first 3 have not been impressive on the offensive side.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Only a 1hr 15min drive for JC. Plus the game is Saturday evening. Definitely a tough test for Ironton.

Mr Shifty
Riding the Bench

Post by Mr Shifty »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:17 am Game being at Ironton is huge, long travel for those KY boys. Ironton will need to start quick
It is not that long of a travel. One hour and thirteen minutes from Johnson Central to IHS and most of it is all straight highway till Catlettsburg. It will not be a factor, they're used to travel

WHS2000grad
Riding the Bench

Post by WHS2000grad »

Is Johnson Cental a D-II team ?

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Mr Shifty wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:12 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:17 am Game being at Ironton is huge, long travel for those KY boys. Ironton will need to start quick
It is not that long of a travel. One hour and thirteen minutes from Johnson Central to IHS and most of it is all straight highway till Catlettsburg. It will not be a factor, they're used to travel
Yup. Same distance as Ironton to Charleston. Short trip. Not long at all. JC travels this way a lot. Easy drive. My work commute is longer.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

I think Ironton is more athletic. Gonna be a good matchup.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I got my heart broke up in them hollers of what NOW makes up Johnson Central High School. It is less than a 90 minute drive depending on where you live off of 23.

I was 21 & LOVED EVERY SECOND OF THAT DRIVE, lol!

ANYWAY, BACK TO FOOTBALL!

FighTing TiGers have their hands full with this game.

I think it will be the pivotal game of the year & Tigers learn a ton about what they are truly made of.

Entire GridIron Classic Event is a Huge Celebration of Talented FB schools from several states & IRONically scheduled perfectly to open up :

🎶 THE EYE OF THE TIGER🎶

#GoTgo

GridIRON classic welcomes these Perennial Powers to the Historical LandMark of Tanks Memorial Stadium on Bob Lutz Field to showcase their talents:

On SATURDAY September 10, 2022

@
2pm:
Our Lady Of Good Counsel Prep High School of Onley, MD
-VS-
Cincinnati Moeller High School

@5PM:
DeMatha Catholic High School of Hyattsville, MD
-VS-
Cleveland Benedictine High School of Cleveland, OH

@8pm
JohnSon Central High School of PaintsVille, KY
-VS-
IronTon High School

What an EXCITING ALL-Day event from the campus of IronTon High School. I can easily see this being a success & i pray this be a blessed gathering of High School FootBall Fans, coaches, players, & ALL CREW INVOLVED, so it can grow into a two day event & be a circle on the calendars of many that want to attend as footBall continues to grow on the Mighty Banks of the Ohio River & be a platForm to highlight players, schools, & coaches & broaden the base of those already eyeing the talent in our area for the next level of play & this is a solid group of schools to kickoff The first year of the Classic!!

Travel safely ALL

Play Safely ALL

Come Together ALL
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:50 pm
I got my heart broke up in them hollers of what NOW makes up Johnson Central High School. It is less than a 90 minute drive depending on where you live off of 23.

I was 21 & LOVED EVERY SECOND OF THAT DRIVE, lol!
Yup. Kids dont mind that trip. Its a non factor.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

WHS2000grad wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:40 pm Is Johnson Cental a D-II team ?
Yes

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

If the coaches continue to play favorites as opposed to playing the best 11 Ironton loses this one for certain. The secondary does not include the best 4 players and the o-line has a glaring weakness. Carpenter needs to see much more of #8, #15, and #22 at WR. He doesn’t seem to have much confidence in anyone to make a play other than #3 in their current starting receiving corps. Get the right kids on the field or come playoff time the early exit will be on the coach’s head.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I’ll take the tigers by a score.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Ironton 23-15

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

GoBigI wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:28 pm If the coaches continue to play favorites as opposed to playing the best 11 Ironton loses this one for certain. The secondary does not include the best 4 players and the o-line has a glaring weakness. Carpenter needs to see much more of #8, #15, and #22 at WR. He doesn’t seem to have much confidence in anyone to make a play other than #3 in their current starting receiving corps. Get the right kids on the field or come playoff time the early exit will be on the coach’s head.

I agree with you in a general way. I definitely think coach P is having a difficult time utilizing ALL of the skill he has & then optimizing them in a solid core of designs & set ups where the core 11 are used & then another 6+ are utilized QUICKLY to keep the opposing D on its heels.

I truly think the Young Coach is being tested on getting that done & then each week revealing it, consistiently.

The consistency is not happening & that, i do believe, is delaying the expansion of all of the weapons & skilled players the staff is trying implement confidentially as a more than 11-man squad…

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

I think the tigers hit their stride and get a 10 point victory in this one. Looking forward to watching it.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

To many transfers !!! Look for Johnson Central in this one to win.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

GoBigI wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:28 pm If the coaches continue to play favorites as opposed to playing the best 11 Ironton loses this one for certain. The secondary does not include the best 4 players and the o-line has a glaring weakness. Carpenter needs to see much more of #8, #15, and #22 at WR. He doesn’t seem to have much confidence in anyone to make a play other than #3 in their current starting receiving corps. Get the right kids on the field or come playoff time the early exit will be on the coach’s head.
This post sounds like a daddy. There’s lot of kids I see that need to prove themself. Even many of the ones you posted.

Return to “Football”