Portsmouth 7 - 42 Ironton 2022

Post by I-TownFanatic »

Gallia lost, the train runs through Portsmouth now

Tigers by 30

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Re: OVC CHIP Ironton v Portsmouth

Post by NoPain23 »

Ironton needs to move conferences, playing these blow out games week 4-10 doesn’t help them in the stretch.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

NoPain23 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:15 pm Ironton needs to move conferences, playing these blow out games week 4-10 doesn’t help them in the stretch.
Agreed.

BTWN_THE_LINE
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

I-TownFanatic wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:13 pm Gallia lost, the train runs through Portsmouth now

Tigers by 30
If Portsmouth plays anything like they did tonight, I promise you they won't lose by 30 lol

522Jefferson
Waterboy

Post by 522Jefferson »

I’ve always had respect for Portsmouth. No matter if they had a great team or just a fair team, they were never scared to play and always gave it their best shot. Heck, they even agreed to play my Tigers twice in a season just so both teams could fill 10 games. Great win tonight. Looking forward to traveling to the coliseum in week 10.

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:19 pm
I-TownFanatic wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:13 pm Gallia lost, the train runs through Portsmouth now

Tigers by 30
If Portsmouth plays anything like they did tonight, I promise you they won't lose by 30 lol
Doesn’t matter how they play, they’ll lose this one by 30 or more.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

GoBigI wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:26 am

Tigers by 30
We better be able to defend the pass against the Trojans.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:18 am

We better be able to defend the pass against the Trojans.
Agreed.

Cannot leave it open like tonight!!!

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Good luck to the Tigers in this one

6O HORN3TS 🐝
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

If Ironton wins this matchup, there's a scenerio where both teams meet again week 12.. If Ironton finishes regular season as 1 seed and Portsmouth the 8 seed, plus securing a win week 11 to advance.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Tigers by 30

I will be at the ribber from 3 pm till game time on that game day and I will take that bet all day long ,even in our worst game this year no way we lose to Ironton by 30 !!

Yes Ironton will and should be the favorite,but not by 30 points

mackdog
Freshman Team

Post by mackdog »

BigCarlito72 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:16 pm
NoPain23 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:15 pm Ironton needs to move conferences, playing these blow out games week 4-10 doesn’t help them in the stretch.
Agreed.
I agree as well. The problem is that there isn't a conference in SE Ohio that they fit in. They should go back to being independent in football. Schedule area teams such as Cabell Midland, Spring Valley, etc. I know this may be tough because most teams have conference games 2nd half of the season but it can be figured out just like it was in the past. Considering how they are running the program, traveling a few weeks a year shouldn't be an issue. Plenty of competition in Cbus and Cincy! The schedule would be filled and the pointless scrimmage games gone.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

mackdog wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:43 am
Agreed.
I agree as well. The problem is that there isn't a conference in SE Ohio that they fit in. They should go back to being independent in football. Schedule area teams such as Cabell Midland, Spring Valley, etc. I know this may be tough because most teams have conference games 2nd half of the season but it can be figured out just like it was in the past. Considering how they are running the program, traveling a few weeks a year shouldn't be an issue. Plenty of competition in Cbus and Cincy! The schedule would be filled and the pointless scrimmage games gone.
Probably one of the more thought out responses in terms of Ironton going independent, in football only. 10 game schedule you're going to have 5 at home most years, Wheelersburg will stay on the schedule, Jackson will stay on the schedule, guessing Ashland Blazer would as well. Toss in Cabell Midland, Spring Valley, Chillicothe, they'll have a game during their new Ohio vs US or whatever they called it, now all of a sudden you're looking at needing 3 games. Not so say this can happen exactly based on conferences and if teams are open to play. They've already reached out and played Massillon Washington in JV, teams like Teays Valley, Hamilton Township, Harvest Prep and possibly even Bloom Carroll are all easy drives and highway heavy. Johnson Central is another team that gave them a game for a bit and that's not a bad drive at all between the 2. My guess is with what Ironton has built teams just getting the exposure and upgrade in a non-conference schedule would be more than willing to play.

mackdog
Freshman Team

Post by mackdog »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:59 am

Agreed.
Probably one of the more thought out responses in terms of Ironton going independent, in football only. 10 game schedule you're going to have 5 at home most years, Wheelersburg will stay on the schedule, Jackson will stay on the schedule, guessing Ashland Blazer would as well. Toss in Cabell Midland, Spring Valley, Chillicothe, they'll have a game during their new Ohio vs US or whatever they called it, now all of a sudden you're looking at needing 3 games. Not so say this can happen exactly based on conferences and if teams are open to play. They've already reached out and played Massillon Washington in JV, teams like Teays Valley, Hamilton Township, Harvest Prep and possibly even Bloom Carroll are all easy drives and highway heavy. Johnson Central is another team that gave them a game for a bit and that's not a bad drive at all between the 2. My guess is with what Ironton has built teams just getting the exposure and upgrade in a non-conference schedule would be more than willing to play.
My thoughts exactly. Figuring out the logistics really isn't difficult. Playing quality competition each week is what will push this program to the level of a Coldwater. Going 10-0 while playing 7 games against teams who are completely over matched looks good but it doesn't do much for the big picture.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Trojans need to focus on week 9 before reading these topics. Overlooking is never good. But Portsmouth plays like last night and we have a game that’s for sure

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Agreed.
I think an independent schedule w quality comp would be eaaier than some think.

Raceland
George Washington
Cabell Midland
SPring Valley
Huntington
Johnson Central.
Harvest Prep
Portsmouth West.
Jackson
Burg
South Charelston
Capital
Bishop Hartley

And on and on and on. All better than anything in ovc for years to come

BTWN_THE_LINE
Sports fanatic
Waterboy

Post by Sports fanatic »

[youtube][/youtube]
BigCarlito72 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:38 pm

Agreed.
I think an independent schedule w quality comp would be eaaier than some think.

Raceland
George Washington
Cabell Midland
SPring Valley
Huntington
Johnson Central.
Harvest Prep
Portsmouth West.
Jackson
Burg
South Charelston
Capital
Bishop Hartley

And on and on and on. All better than anything in ovc for years to come
Ohio teams can actually play maybe one team out of state. The problem with out of state teams is ohssa doesn’t give them a lot of points for playing out of school states.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

So if I’m reading right ,Ironton thinks they are to good to even play a OVC schedule. Portsmouth isn’t even mentioned either on teams to play. I truly feel that Portsmouth has always had the athletes to play with anyone and Ironton is turning there noses up at Portsmouth and all OVC now.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Wondering how many times Portsmouth west has best Ironton or even gave them a good game?

Raceland is long from a power house and even Johnson central was watered down this year compared to what they used to be , harvest prep and bishop Hartley isn't going to waste their time playing down to Ironton every year it would be like Ironton playing south point,rock hill etc.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i don't like hearing talk about being independant again. no other league makes since geographically without raping and pillaging other conferences to form one. i would rather see the ovc and soc combine than to see the turmoil in the ovc. by my own accord i hated the thoughts of joining the ovc initially. but it's not just a football league. it's all sports, and a very competitive league overall. it will iron itself out as ovc teams catch up athletically. i find it humerous that the tigers have played for a state championship 2 of the last 3 years. but talking about a weak schedule. they play an awesome out of conference schedule. and the ovc can be top heavy in football. but i see the league overall increasing talent wise. nothing, no where makes sense geographically. and heaven forbid trevon moves on to another opportunity. i hope he gets some kind of long term extention. because he's old school tough, with a maul you mentality.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”