Portsmouth 7 - 42 Ironton 2022

Paulcrew
JV Team

Re: Portsmouth 7 - 42 Ironton 2022

Post by Paulcrew »

I love how people critique irinton every week. they just dismantled a team that may have a home playoff game. that game was never in doubt. if not for ref on home side the game could have been even worse.
keep manufacturing bad things to say about ironton at 10-0… at least we won our league. lol

MeanJoeGreene
Riding the Bench

Post by MeanJoeGreene »

Paulcrew wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:21 pm I love how people critique irinton every week. they just dismantled a team that may have a home playoff game. that game was never in doubt. if not for ref on home side the game could have been even worse.
keep manufacturing bad things to say about ironton at 10-0… at least we won our league. lol

To be fair, a lot of that critiquing comes from all that talk of how amazing this team was before the season even started. Yes, they played well tonight but state championship? I don't see it.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Look at the source ,he condones bending the rules,so don't let him invest for you lol

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Oh, the haters lol

Go Fighting Tigers…………

Pinwheel
JV Team

Re: WK10 OVC CHIP Ironton v Portsmouth

Post by Pinwheel »

Paulcrew wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:45 pm
MeanJoeGreene wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:29 pm Ironton has some very dumb penalties at really bad times. That's how they seem to roll though the past several years. It'll come back and bite them. They are lucky Kirtland is gone.
not really. reds looking for crap to call. hopefully ref crews in playoffs won’t be looking for crap to call like they do in reg season

If they isn't the pot calling the kettle black, 😂 Ironton complaining about refs ,and accusing someone of "cheating" 😂😂😂😂

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Pinwheel wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:30 am
MeanJoeGreene wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:29 pm Ironton has some very dumb penalties at really bad times. That's how they seem to roll though the past several years. It'll come back and bite them. They are lucky Kirtland is gone.
not really. reds looking for crap to call. hopefully ref crews in playoffs won’t be looking for crap to call like they do in reg season

If they isn't the pot calling the kettle black, 😂 Ironton complaining about refs ,and accusing someone of "cheating" 😂😂😂😂
Oh, the haters lol……..get better or get left behind 🤣

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:43 am

Says the guy that never started on any varsity team ever.

Surprised you didn't have your Brown nose defending the coach by broadcasting his e mail and saying......here here tell him how you feel 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Who was the Ironton player that kept giving the Portsmouth fans the middle finger all night

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Pinwheel wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:09 am

Surprised you didn't have your Brown nose defending the coach by broadcasting his e mail and saying......here here tell him how you feel 😂😂😂😂😂😂

If they isn't the pot calling the kettle black, 😂 Ironton complaining about refs ,and accusing someone of "cheating"w 😂😂😂😂

@Pinwheel YOU are out of line with your statements.

This man has defended our country & retired from the armed forces. I am mot 100% sure he has seen battle, but it would be Desert Storm related.

He Worked ReLentlessly since military retirement & is retiring earlier than most do at our age in life.

From what i gather, he has or is returning to Ironton to live, build or purchase a home, & all of that after living in North Central Ohio, employed for decades for a manufacturer, using hos skill/trade learned in the military.

He ia a really good guy that loves his hometown & Tigers as i do.

More kids are going to want to play at IHS with their local dominance, AND ESPECIALLY THAT SHOWING ON SPECTRUM TONIGHT!!!

so i applaud him in stating the obvious…”GET BETTER OR….GET LEFT BEHIND”!!!!”

It is not going to stop!!!

Although he & i Were not best friends at IronTon, but are common FighTing Fans & have realied whom each other are on here & we graduated the same year, I KNOW HE played ALL through the Ironton Football System until he was coached by Bob Lutz, until he graduated from IHS.

He played on several fighting tiger squads that were exploding with talent, & was as gritty as they get!!!

I think you @Pinwheel owe @ohbuckeye2 a SEOPS public forum apology…

SHAME!!!

MeanJoeGreene
Riding the Bench

Post by MeanJoeGreene »

Pinwheel wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:30 am Who was the Ironton player that kept giving the Portsmouth fans the middle finger all night
Not sure but it sure was classy!!

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:44 am

This man has defended our country & retired from the armed forces. I am mot 100% sure he has seen battle, but it would be Desert Storm related.

He Worked ReLentlessly since military retirement & is retiring earlier than most do at our age in life.

From what i gather, he has or is returning to Ironton to live, build or purchase a home, & all of that after living in North Central Ohio, employed for decades for a manufacturer, using hos skill/trade learned in the military.

More kids are going to want to play at IHS with their local dominance, AND ESPECIALLY THAT SHOWING ON SPECTRUM TONIGHT!!!

Although he & i Were not best friends at IronTon, but are common FighTing Fans & have realied whom each other are on here & we graduated the same year, I KNOW HE played ALL through the Ironton Football System until he was coached by Bob Lutz, until he graduated from IHS.

He played on several fighting tiger squads that were exploding with talent, & was as gritty as they get!!!

SHAME!!!
The world has become so sensitive. Apologize ? 🙄

You say “get better or get left behind.”
Portsmouth will never get better the way you do. No one’s beating down the door from other communities to play ball for the Trojans. We are all Portsmouth city born and raised.

We’ll never duck the Tigers.

Good luck to Ironton going forward

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Did I really just see someone demand an apology on a prep sports forum? I want apologies from anyone I’ve ever debated with on here next.

Who Dey!
GoBigI
Freshman Team

Re: OVC CHIP Ironton v Portsmouth

Post by GoBigI »

Pinwheel wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:13 am
GoBigI wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:26 am
SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:19 pm

If Portsmouth plays anything like they did tonight, I promise you they won't lose by 30 lol
Doesn’t matter how they play, they’ll lose this one by 30 or more.

I will be at the ribber from 3 pm till game time on that game day and I will take that bet all day long ,even in our worst game this year no way we lose to Ironton by 30 !!

Yes Ironton will and should be the favorite,but not by 30 points
No way, huh? On to week 11.

TigerFella
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerFella »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:14 pm
Pinwheel wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:56 pm Portsmouth flat out got out coached ,the games he did win was games he had more TALENT , spring valley lost due to bad play call , Gallia lost do to bad play call ,west flat out thumped us because we wasn't prepared.

Wrong kids in wrong positions because of favoritism,all year long !!!

He will get it handed to him in round 1 of the play offs !!

Ironton is good but beatable,if you have a half way decent coach!!

Even if their coach is the most classes coach in the league,it's just who he is
#10 would not play another snap if I was the coach. Shaking his stuff at the opposing team and fans. Gave the finger I heard. Truett the far better back and never gets the ball. And scores our only touchdown.

He was talking trash to the Ironton sideline and grabbing his crotch the whole night, fans started calling it out and he pointed at some fans and then at his crotch, kept grabbing his crotch even more. During warmups before 2nd half keep grabbing crotch yet again at Ironton fans and then flipped off the fans as he ran off despite multiple teammates and a coach trying to get him to stop.

Pretty sure coaches pulled him after he got laid out by Amari and they both got personal fouls for it. Was hurting his team all night and got burned by Perkins once or twice.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations the Fighting Tigers on the win.......they were clearly the better team, and 2 things made a big difference in the outcome. One, the Ironton D-line completely overwhelmed the Portsmouth O-line, and the Trojans' pass D could not contain Ty Perkins. PHS QB Tyler Duncan had absolutely no time to throw and spent the night running for his life. Ironton is every bit as good as advertised, and they should make a long playoff run. IHS has a legitimate passing attack, which is different than what the back to back state teams of recent years did not have. I think they have to utilize that aspect of their offense in the playoffs.

Still, despite being dominated on the scoreboard, I am proud of the Trojans for a 6-4 season, another week 11 game, and a 2nd place tie in the OVC with Gallia Academy and Fairland. PHS just lost to a better team, and I think that was clearly evident.

On to week 11.......GO TROJANS!!

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

GoBigI wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:36 am
GoBigI wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:26 am

Doesn’t matter how they play, they’ll lose this one by 30 or more.

I will be at the ribber from 3 pm till game time on that game day and I will take that bet all day long ,even in our worst game this year no way we lose to Ironton by 30 !!

I guess you missed me at the ribber ?

Confident huh ?

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:44 am

SHAME!!!

I owe no one nothing, I thank him for his service in the military,how do you know how many others on here have not done the same thing , they are not all smart asses and ask for backlash for doing so.

Good for him for coming back to his home town,hope he's prepared to see the changes,and doesn't have kids grandkids or nephews that have to fight for a spot on the team over all the kids from a 50 Mile range for a spot.

I'm a smart ass on here to but I can take it with a grain of salt without some one demanding for apology for me

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

MeanJoeGreene wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:51 am
Pinwheel wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:30 am Who was the Ironton player that kept giving the Portsmouth fans the middle finger all night
Not sure but it sure was classy!!

Wouldn't expect anything less !!

Same ole same ole

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Pinwheel wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:44 am
GoBigI wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:36 am

I guess you missed me at the ribber ?

Confident huh ?
Not a gambler, never have been. I’m just a HS football prophet I guess. I hope we get you again week 12, I’ll say by 42 at our place.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Not taking that bet at the tank,we all know what happens up there 😂

Return to “Football”