Post by I-TownFanatic »

No transfer BS talk... Just real tiger talk

The O is a machine!!!!!

I think we should be pass first all season.. Carpy needs 40 throws a game

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: Ironton Tiger Football Talk

Post by Beergogglebluez »

40 seems like a awful lot for a high school game.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

They've already got a topic made for this

timmyray5252
Waterboy

Post by timmyray5252 »

Started out a little slow that first drive then settled down, keep hall in check for the most part, he is a very good back and linebacker, way to many penalties, have 2 clean that up, team that I worry about is porthsmouth, that throw a lot and I think that may be our weakness unless we get pressure on there qb, we will see soon enough but let’s take care of gallopolis first, good luck Tigers!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

timmyray5252 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:43 am Started out a little slow that first drive then settled down, keep hall in check for the most part, he is a very good back and linebacker, way to many penalties, have 2 clean that up, team that I worry about is porthsmouth, that throw a lot and I think that may be our weakness unless we get pressure on there qb, we will see soon enough but let’s take care of gallopolis first, good luck Tigers!
Our pass Defense needs to step it up, seems to always be a sore spot. The good thing is we’re able to get pressure on the QB of most teams. Portsmouth will definitely test our DB’s. The Offense seems to be clicking on all cylinders right now. We still have to improve on penalties, they’ll kill us against good teams.

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:03 am
timmyray5252 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:43 am Started out a little slow that first drive then settled down, keep hall in check for the most part, he is a very good back and linebacker, way to many penalties, have 2 clean that up, team that I worry about is porthsmouth, that throw a lot and I think that may be our weakness unless we get pressure on there qb, we will see soon enough but let’s take care of gallopolis first, good luck Tigers!
Our pass Defense needs to step it up, seems to always be a sore spot. The good thing is we’re able to get pressure on the QB of most teams. Portsmouth will definitely test our DB’s. The Offense seems to be clicking on all cylinders right now. We still have to improve on penalties, they’ll kill us against good teams.

#64 Patterson has been getting pressure on qbs all year. I’ve not seen an O-Line keep him in check yet, and I don’t think that stops with Portsmouth.

sportphotos
JV Team

Post by sportphotos »

View Coal Grove and Ironton photos at: https://bobbiannphotos.smugmug.com/Foot ... vs-Ironton

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ironton is starting to peak. they trounced the hornets after a very competitive 1st qtr. but the tigers are lean, talented, deep, and knowledgable. and crash to the ball. but they have to clean up the penalties with 2 tough games left in gahs and portsmouth.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Ironton has the talent to win it all this year. Penalties and turnovers will determine how far they go

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:03 am
Our pass defense simply doesnt get the reps or experience it needs vs the schedule Ironton plays. Very few teams year in and year out with a true balanced offense and a pure passing game. Best way to get better at it, is to have to live it. It's never gonna be solid until it lives it.

BTWN_THE_LINE
BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

gobucs20 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:51 pm Ironton has the talent to win it all this year. Penalties and turnovers will determine how far they go
I often worry how much real in game development is occuring between week 5 & week 10 on our schedule. I think it stunts our growth leading into preseason play.

BTWN_THE_LINE
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations to the JV team on their win yesterday against Johnson Central 24-14, a nice win against solid competition.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good to see Irontons Thacker suited back this week. He a good game with 2 receptions for 71 yards vs Gallia Academy.

Go Fighting Tigers…..

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations to Amari Felder on receiving his first College offer from Morehead State University.

Mr Shifty
Riding the Bench

Post by Mr Shifty »

Until someone learns to stop holding grudges and they are dismissed and players are put in according to their ability, Ironton will not be the team that it could be. The Tigers running game is dismal at best. There are solutions but will they be taken? I doubt it. All the talk about the state is a distant unattainable pipedream . Unless changes are made, they'll never get out of their region.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Mr Shifty wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:32 am Until someone learns to stop holding grudges and they are dismissed and players are put in according to their ability, Ironton will not be the team that it could be. The Tigers running game is dismal at best. There are solutions but will they be taken? I doubt it. All the talk about the state is a distant unattainable pipedream . Unless changes are made, they'll never get out of their region.
What are your suggestions then?

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

Hire a proven oc,

Return to “Football”