Who is the top 5 players on your team ?

Post by Pinwheel »

Portsmouth

T Duncan
N highland
B Hammond
T truett
N. Livingston
There is a few others that's really close but these are the names I hear a lot on Friday night

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Who is the top 5 players on your team ?

Post by Ironman92 »

Not sure I can do a top 5 for Jackson. So many have been great during the difficult schedule.

Winters, Wolford, Broermann, Powell, Wood

No offensive line love because I don’t know which one of them has had the best season. My eyes give the line a quick browse but as play goes I watch the ball. I would have to watch film and I haven’t. Several others could be debated to be in that top 5.

PtownClown
Freshman Team

Post by PtownClown »

PHS…Pendleton then add whoever after that
But best all around football player on the team

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Portsmouth

1. Pendleton- heart & soul of the team, plays every down on both sides of the ball, this one isn’t really debatable. Great at WR and always around the ball on defense. Decent speed and a great tackler. Super high football IQ.
2. N. Heiland- has speed you can’t teach, has added a nice deep thread to the arsenal, pretty solid at CB & dangerous in the return game. Has 9 TD’s should easily get to double digits.
3. T. Duncan- pretty good awareness in the pocket behind a below average offensive line. Can sling it down the field when he has time. A lot more mobile and durable than I originally thought. Team seems to have transitioned from Roe to him really well.
4. J. Duncan- kid just seems to play hard every time I watch him. He leaves his feet and puts his body on the line to catch balls, not afraid to go over the middle. Pretty good football IQ.
5. Livingston- led the team in tackles at one point, still might. Has a nose for the ball and isn’t afraid of contact. Really good size as well.

But there are several kids who maybe I could swap in at 4 & 5.
Truett- plays hard, super physical and has added a nice element to the run game that hasn’t really been there much of the season.
Hammond- hard nosed player. Runs the ball hard at times, had his best game maybe of his high school career this past Friday night against Fairland. Has a nose for the ball on defense, super strong and can physical.
Williams- undersized but plays like he 6 foot. Hard hitter and has a knack for the ball. He has good speed that he sometimes shows off in the return game or chasing people down from behind.
Boren- kid is only a sophomore but has really come into his own the last 3-4 weeks. Really big and physical. Shows a ton of emotion. The best defensive lineman no question. Show have a monster year next year and his senior year.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Trojans it’s 1. Pendleton he’s the absolute heart of the team, plays hard every play and beat all around kid on the team. 2. Hammond is a beast on defense but as a running back not so much but he’s a important piece. 3 is Duncan and I’ll admit after roe graduated I didn’t give Duncan a chance, he’s far exceeded what I think and in my opinion is better than roe this year. His arm is strong and when he runs he’s quick. And he’s tall. No disrespect on roe he did his thing. 4 is heiland I would of loved to see him stay at Portsmouth all 4 years he’s made a huge impact on offense and plays great coverage on defense. 5 is truett the kid is a tank, I’m surprised he still wasn’t used much the fairland game but the game plan was perfect and on defense he’s a monster. We have a lot of great seniors and some good underclassman. I think the boren kid on the defensive like will be a monster.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Burgs whole team is their best 5 it's called a team sport and pointing out a team's top 5 players imo could only hurt a team. Burg as a whole is really improving from week to week so hopefully they can make another good playoff run like last year

Burg grad 85
Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

I honestly, forgot all about Pendleton as hard as that is to believe and I , apologize!!

Wow!!!!!!

I agree he is the Best on the team,but I still stand by these others being close,but But Pendleton is up there by himself.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

scott1297 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:32 pm Burgs whole team is their best 5 it's called a team sport and pointing out a team's top 5 players imo could only hurt a team. Burg as a whole is really improving from week to week so hopefully they can make another good playoff run like last year
Agree! Saying that it's a " Team Sport " is all that needs to be said, plus it's all that should be said.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

College,NFL,NBA ,all team sports,yet they pick MVP all the time?

These are young "men" in high school, nothing wrong with a little talk about the better players , it's pointed out buy college recruiting from your team ,no ?

Sometimes we're to soft on the young men , if they get upset over some one not putting them in a top 5 or even mentioning them ,then work harder.

Not a fan of partipatation trophy

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

South Point

Hanshaw So
Haney Sr
Freeman Jr
Harris Jr
Wilburn Jr

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:08 pm
scott1297 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:32 pm Burgs whole team is their best 5 it's called a team sport and pointing out a team's top 5 players imo could only hurt a team. Burg as a whole is really improving from week to week so hopefully they can make another good playoff run like last year
Agree! Saying that it's a " Team Sport " is all that needs to be said, plus it's all that should be said.
I still disagree with saying who are the 5 best players on the team. You win as a team, and lose as a team. Maybe your next thread you can ask to name the 5 worst players on the team. Aside from the players on the team, I'm sure that some of the Mom's and Dad's plus some of the Grandparents will be overjoyed with that Question. I forgot to check, do they give a MVP award for the worst player also?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I think a better topic would be too 5 impact players.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

It's the self indignation for me

BTWN_THE_LINE
BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:49 pm I think a better topic would be too 5 impact players.
Or maybe juuuust a tiny bit of perspective & this is just a fun lil high school football convo that is mostly for fun? And nobody really feels a way about it? Lol. Have you raised any 16, 17, yr olds lately? I have. I have two kids. One is a freshman in college alll the way out in baton rouge. Anyways. Who cares so much that makes this topic more figurative than literal? 😂 The kids could give a fook ya know, right? So why so serious about wording? Lol. Why the self indignation from the burg bozos? Is it really that deep? Should someone edit the title? Lmao geeesh

BTWN_THE_LINE
DJT47
Riding the Bench

Post by DJT47 »

Yea and participation trophies are cool too

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:39 pm
I still disagree with saying who are the 5 best players on the team. You win as a team, and lose as a team. Maybe your next thread you can ask to name the 5 worst players on the team. Aside from the players on the team, I'm sure that some of the Mom's and Dad's plus some of the Grandparents will be overjoyed with that Question. I forgot to check, do they give a MVP award for the worst player also?
I mean, do people just close their eyes when all conference, district, state, etc. are named?

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Ethan Glover
Eric Lattimore
Cody Risner
Eli Jones
Joden Blackburn

Return to “Football”