Waterboy

Oak Hill 0 - 33 Portsmouth West 2022

Post by FatBoy »

thoughts

SiderBlood
All Conference

Re: west at oakhill

Post by SiderBlood »

West names the score. This one needs to be put away early, and stop letting teams get confidence after we take the lead. Everyone stay healthy, and make it to week 10 for a shot at a gold ball. The offense is clicking on all cylinders. The defense is not. It's week 9 and I'm not sure Oak Hill is gonna be how the answers are found, but I believe in this young coaching staff to get something formulated to work. Any person and im sure players are undoubtedly looking ahead. I dont think it will matter this week, just too many weapons for West.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Oak hill isn’t a bad team. They just are super thin. By the 2nd QTr they are gassed. West will pull away late 2nd Qtr

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

West running clock

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

West 49-6

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

How many receptions did Meldick have last week?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:29 pm Oak hill isn’t a bad team. They just are super thin. By the 2nd QTr they are gassed. West will pull away late 2nd Qtr
I think that's a good run down of these guys and I'd love to see if the new coach can help turn things around. Unless you were looking at the scores closely you wouldn't have known Oak Hill was only down 13-3 at half to Minford final 38-10, I think to Valley at half they were down 14-7 maybe or 21-7 final 35-7, a 6-2 Northwest team only lost to them 19-7, even Rock Hill who just beat Gallipolis they only lost 20-7 so these guys have fought and they've been in games. Like you said the numbers just get to them over the course of a game, I tip my hat to those young men and I hope they keep fighting and plugging along. Obviously West takes this one but OH has earned a lot of respect from ppl in the area even though the record doesn't show it but they've been in most of their games.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

U G L Y

West by 35

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

greygoose wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:11 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:29 pm Oak hill isn’t a bad team. They just are super thin. By the 2nd QTr they are gassed. West will pull away late 2nd Qtr
I think that's a good run down of these guys and I'd love to see if the new coach can help turn things around. Unless you were looking at the scores closely you wouldn't have known Oak Hill was only down 13-3 at half to Minford final 38-10, I think to Valley at half they were down 14-7 maybe or 21-7 final 35-7, a 6-2 Northwest team only lost to them 19-7, even Rock Hill who just beat Gallipolis they only lost 20-7 so these guys have fought and they've been in games. Like you said the numbers just get to them over the course of a game, I tip my hat to those young men and I hope they keep fighting and plugging along. Obviously West takes this one but OH has earned a lot of respect from ppl in the area even though the record doesn't show it but they've been in most of their games.

Good post. I think Oak Hill has the right guy for them. The WSAZ story from back in the summer was pretty good. If they give em a chance. I don’t mean 1/2/3yrs. Give this guy the full chance at a 5yr plan. Let em build something.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Really high on Coach Kratzenberg -- he's from that old school Lutz era at Ironton. Really good guy, relatable and knows the game. Give him time and they'll be winning some of these types of games.
In the meantime, West will be too much in this one.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

It's not all about giving him time, it's also about the youth program. Yes, it helps to win in High school, i get it, but what kind of youth program does Oak Hill have? Are they trying to get more kids interested at a younger age? You look at the successful teams, most of them have good youth programs.

packers80
SE

Re: WK9 Oak Hill - Portsmouth West

Post by packers80 »

West huge

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

transplant wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:13 am It's not all about giving him time, it's also about the youth program. Yes, it helps to win in High school, i get it, but what kind of youth program does Oak Hill have? Are they trying to get more kids interested at a younger age? You look at the successful teams, most of them have good youth programs.
Well that's really why people say give him time, let him install and try and work his way down to those programs. Because like you said it takes a youth program to get built up and I think he got the job later in the spring so working that side of the program was probably a lot tougher this year. Let's see what happens he can be a stand up guy and know the x's and o's but if he doesn't have the players coming through there's only so much he can do and to find that out it will take some time.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Right. I agree. Give him time to install things and see where it goes.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:38 am Really high on Coach Kratzenberg -- he's from that old school Lutz era at Ironton. Really good guy, relatable and knows the game. Give him time and they'll be winning some of these types of games.
In the meantime, West will be too much in this one.
From what I've heard I think they will give him time. The Oak's are going through to a degree what Valley is going through, a numbers problem which then leads to big depth problem. I hope they do give him plenty of time, but you know it's his first year, and sometimes people get too impatient.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Why am I even on here??????

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

West takes this game by a large margin.

Meanmuggin
Waterboy

Post by Meanmuggin »

West Running clock. Bad that this had to happen to the kids, all because of adults.

NewApproved
Riding the Bench

Post by NewApproved »

West wins big. I wonder if this easy win gets them ready for Burg?

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

West up 27-0. Still came out kind of slow and sluggish. When they play with fire they are electric, but it comes in spurts. Got to be non stop next week. Looks like we lost a KEY senior lineman to an apparent leg injury and doesn't look promising.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson

Return to “Football”