Valley 22 - 28 Minford 2022

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: WK10 Rival Valley - Minford

Post by greygoose »

I'm going to guess that given his basketball status that Montgomery chooses to only kick.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Yeah, wasn't sure if it was his choice or what, he is just an overall outstanding athlete. I'm glad Valley allows it. With the numbers at Valley being so low, the best athletes have to be able to be the best athletes on whatever field it is. I know there are a lot of kids at the lower levels that play both, if they can see high school kids being successful at both, it will help the, stay interested in both as they get older. If the kids had to choose one, i think it would make each team weaker.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

DcP3407 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:41 pm I'm not sure if Minford only allows him to kick or if that is his choice?? I know Estep at Burg is like Montgomery and only kicks, but plays soccer. I would assume most schools would allow this if it benefited the kid and the program. Outside of Vally this year, I'm not sure if there are any other athletes trying to play play 2 sports full time during the same season. ---- Golf is one I could see a kid pulling off rather easily. Most tournament golf matches are during the school day.

Very common to have a soccer kid as as the kicker. I do remember years ago Romanello played soccer and football and was very good

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Fan of the youth wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:56 am With a win Valley moves to a 12 seed a very good spot for the Indians. A loss they are likely a 15 seed and a very long road trip. Minford is predicted a 16th seed with a loss but moves up to a 15th seed with a win, either spot leaves the Falcons facing a very tough road game in the playoffs. This analysis Per Mr. Drew Pasteur's site.
So poor minford either gets ironton or harvest prep. It’s a no win.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I think valley pulls this one off as they really want the 12th seed instead of 15th but either way they are in a battle that won’t be easy but I still think besides Marion local they probably play the hardest schedule in their region

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Valley doesn't want the 12 if Versailles ends up at 5.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Ironton, HP, Versailles?

Kind of makes the case against the expanded playoffs.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
BIGE53
Waterboy

Post by BIGE53 »

DcP3407 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:34 pm
transplant wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:31 am Several? Pretty sure there are only 3 kids that play significant minutes of both soccer and football. Plus tournaments start today, so not as many games during the week. The two sport athletes will be just fine. Minford better hope the game doesn't come down to a field goal as Montgomery plays soccer, his legs might not be fresh.
Yep - 3 would count as several. Looks like the soccer team plays Thursday night. All I am saying is that it is difficult for kids to be at their 100% best with playing back to back nights. Not to mention soccer where they run upwards of 5 miles a game and then those kids have to play offense, defense, and special teams on Friday nights. By no means was I trying to knock the kids. Kudos to them and I think it is awesome they get the opportunity to play both sports and to be extremely competitive in both. I think this is an added bonus for smaller schools like Valley to allow this. I'm just saying that is a disadvantage for Valley that may or may not hurt them on Friday.
If this is considered a disadvantage, I would hate to see how well the Buckle kid would play on firdays if he solely focused on football the past two years. He has been the best player on the field in nearly every game they have played this year. His numbers do not always show it, but he has put up some extremely impressive film each week it seems like.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

BIGE53 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:56 pm
DcP3407 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:34 pm
transplant wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:31 am Several? Pretty sure there are only 3 kids that play significant minutes of both soccer and football. Plus tournaments start today, so not as many games during the week. The two sport athletes will be just fine. Minford better hope the game doesn't come down to a field goal as Montgomery plays soccer, his legs might not be fresh.
Yep - 3 would count as several. Looks like the soccer team plays Thursday night. All I am saying is that it is difficult for kids to be at their 100% best with playing back to back nights. Not to mention soccer where they run upwards of 5 miles a game and then those kids have to play offense, defense, and special teams on Friday nights. By no means was I trying to knock the kids. Kudos to them and I think it is awesome they get the opportunity to play both sports and to be extremely competitive in both. I think this is an added bonus for smaller schools like Valley to allow this. I'm just saying that is a disadvantage for Valley that may or may not hurt them on Friday.
If this is considered a disadvantage, I would hate to see how well the Buckle kid would play on firdays if he solely focused on football the past two years. He has been the best player on the field in nearly every game they have played this year. His numbers do not always show it, but he has put up some extremely impressive film each week it seems like.
That kid has played incredibly well this season. Tough runner for his size. Seems like he would rather run over you than run around you.

footballfan123
Waterboy

Post by footballfan123 »

Buckle kid is the best on the team

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Post by ValleyStrong »

Valley has the athletes to match up well in this game. I will take Valley 21-14

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

Throw out the records! I believe Valley can score tonight but the game comes down to Valley stopping the Falcons strong running game. The young men of Valley have demonstrated improvement the last couple of weeks but face another stiff test should be a great matchup. Give my the Indians 28-21.

purplegold
Riding the Bench

Post by purplegold »

Excited for the game tonight. It has been encouraging to see the boys play with a lot more fight since the Waverly game. IF they continue to play like they have the past 2 games, I think they come out with the W. But as always with this game, you just never know. The battle of Lucasville Minford Rd is always a great game no matter the records.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Will there be a stream of this game?

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Pica will run however he wants. Falcons way too much for the Indians!

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

valley indians sports network. Pica not playing?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Pica got hurt on the 1st drive and he’s trying to tough it out but he’s HURT….I don’t think the Minford staff should keep this kid in the game. There’s nothing to gain.

7-7 with 10:30 left in 2nd

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley 15
Minford 7

4 mins left in 2nd

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Halftime

Valley 15
Minford 7

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

coop wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:35 pm Pica got hurt on the 1st drive and he’s trying to tough it out but he’s HURT….I don’t think the Minford staff should keep this kid in the game. There’s nothing to gain.

7-7 with 10:30 left in 2nd
Nevermind lol he came back in the 2nd half and looks good. Still limping but playing hard. Tough kid!

8:00 to go

Valley 15
Minford 7

Falcons at the Valley 12

Return to “Football”