Portsmouth West 49 - 6 Northwest 2022 Playoffs

SOCobserver
Waterboy

Portsmouth West 49 - 6 Northwest 2022 Playoffs

Post by SOCobserver »

Who do you have in this backyard brawl?

coop
SEOPS

Re: SOC 1 Champs Northwest vs SOC 2 Champs West.

Post by coop »

West 38-7

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

West names it

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

West but it worked out for travel. Northwest may make a game out of it. They best Portsmouth in the playoffs before. You just never know which team shows up. Rooting for the SOC1

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

That’s not even a realistic question.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

mattash wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:40 am West but it worked out for travel. Northwest may make a game out of it. They best Portsmouth in the playoffs before. You just never know which team shows up. Rooting for the SOC1
Yeah they beat a 2-7 Portsmouth team that year where they were favored to win :lol: . Little different scenario in this one, they luck out because of the travel but look for West 42-0

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

West running clock. My heart is still broke when Portsmouth lost to northwest.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

mattash wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:40 am West but it worked out for travel. Northwest may make a game out of it. They best Portsmouth in the playoffs before. You just never know which team shows up. Rooting for the SOC1
I think that Portsmouth team had 2 wins. Not even remotely close to the same situation. West is 51-3 all time against the Mohawks. .955 win percentage, which has to be one of the better win percentages in the state for teams that have played almost 60 times. Back to reality for NW playing teams their same size, this will be a welcome back party. I could see a little bit of an emotional hangover to start, but this will get ugly. Hope we continue to to stay healthy and get on a roll. The party is still happening on the West Side, moral and spirits are very high this morning. If they stay healthy, we have some more wins in us.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
CoachC
Freshman Team

Post by CoachC »

According to OHSAA both schools have 160 boys, or AA. According to the Southern Ohio Conference both schools earned a conference championship. I for one refuse to allow myself to think this could be a "blowout" for West. It could be a look into the future of the SOC II for the upcoming season(s) as Northwest moves up to Division II. As I watched West beat Wheelersburg to win SOC II, I guess I know what it felt like for Northwest to beat Symmes Valley to claim a share of SOC I. ;)

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I'll take it. For us it's closer to drive down to West than it is to go to Northwest.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

CoachC wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:30 am According to OHSAA both schools have 160 boys, or AA. According to the Southern Ohio Conference both schools earned a conference championship. I for one refuse to allow myself to think this could be a "blowout" for West. It could be a look into the future of the SOC II for the upcoming season(s) as Northwest moves up to Division II. As I watched West beat Wheelersburg to win SOC II, I guess I know what it felt like for Northwest to beat Symmes Valley to claim a share of SOC I. ;)
Do you have any reason that this shouldn’t be a blowout? I mean from a historical aspect or any aspect, I don’t see how on paper it wouldn’t be at a first look. I hope we don’t come out with an emotional hangover or looking ahead, but I just don’t see it being close.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
CoachC
Freshman Team

Post by CoachC »

SiderBlood wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:49 am
CoachC wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:30 am According to OHSAA both schools have 160 boys, or AA. According to the Southern Ohio Conference both schools earned a conference championship. I for one refuse to allow myself to think this could be a "blowout" for West. It could be a look into the future of the SOC II for the upcoming season(s) as Northwest moves up to Division II. As I watched West beat Wheelersburg to win SOC II, I guess I know what it felt like for Northwest to beat Symmes Valley to claim a share of SOC I. ;)
Do you have any reason that this shouldn’t be a blowout? I mean from a historical aspect or any aspect, I don’t see how on paper it wouldn’t be at a first look. I hope we don’t come out with an emotional hangover or looking ahead, but I just don’t see it being close.
My point is that EVERY team who is playing week 11 has a chance. You have to study your opponent for each game the same no matter the history. I would like to see a blowout, to see the roster expanded on the field for playoff experience. It's not exactly David vs. Goliath, but we have to be positive that ALL our ducks are in a row.

NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

SiderBlood wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:49 am
I figured you'd love this matchup since you always like to poke at Northwest being in SOC1 and not belonging there. I'd just like to see Northwest make a game of it until halftime at least, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

West 35-7
Nw battles

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I think West comes to play this game

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Northwest gets an early preview of SOC II schools next year when they move back up.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Tartanblue wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:14 pm Northwest gets an early preview of SOC II schools next year when they move back up.
Northwest plays several young kids. Hopefully it will be a eye opener and they realize they need to work even harder. The freshman bunch is pretty solid several of them have started though out the season.

Big Blue Nation
Waterboy

Post by Big Blue Nation »

Running clock to begin the second half. West 48-6

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

West is 51-3 all time?? Wow.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Northwest wins against Portsmouth West came in 1973, 1994, and 1998.

Return to “Football”