Portsmouth West 49 - 6 Northwest 2022 Playoffs

SOCobserver
Waterboy

Re: SOC 1 Champs Northwest vs SOC 2 Champs West.

Post by SOCobserver »

These two schools are the same size with two common opponents. NW and West both beat Valley and Oak Hill easily. This is the best NW team to come along lately. So I think this will be a close game.

IDon'tKnowSports
Waterboy

Post by IDon'tKnowSports »

Title should be SOC 1 "CO" champions Northwest. ;)

CoachC
Freshman Team

Post by CoachC »

NW97 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:44 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:49 am
CoachC wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:30 am According to OHSAA both schools have 160 boys, or AA. According to the Southern Ohio Conference both schools earned a conference championship. I for one refuse to allow myself to think this could be a "blowout" for West. It could be a look into the future of the SOC II for the upcoming season(s) as Northwest moves up to Division II. As I watched West beat Wheelersburg to win SOC II, I guess I know what it felt like for Northwest to beat Symmes Valley to claim a share of SOC I. ;)
Do you have any reason that this shouldn’t be a blowout? I mean from a historical aspect or any aspect, I don’t see how on paper it wouldn’t be at a first look. I hope we don’t come out with an emotional hangover or looking ahead, but I just don’t see it being close.
I figured you'd love this matchup since you always like to poke at Northwest being in SOC1 and not belonging there. I'd just like to see Northwest make a game of it until halftime at least, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Ok, you got me there. However I feel about the decision for NW to drop to SOC I, they still have to play their level in the playoffs. Also I have family friends and church brothers and sisters that call NW home. I pray for safe travel, no injuries and a clean, classy game.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

West by 30

iplayfootball
Waterboy

Post by iplayfootball »

SOCobserver wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:45 pm These two schools are the same size with two common opponents. NW and West both beat Valley and Oak Hill easily. This is the best NW team to come along lately. So I think this will be a close game.
this game will be no where near close and will be a running clock at halftime . I don't know how you can imagine this game will be close

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

iplayfootball wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:13 am
SOCobserver wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:45 pm These two schools are the same size with two common opponents. NW and West both beat Valley and Oak Hill easily. This is the best NW team to come along lately. So I think this will be a close game.
this game will be no where near close and will be a running clock at halftime . I don't know how you can imagine this game will be close
I agree, cmon guys... NW not even on the same planet as West.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I maybe shouldn't say this, but it's probably the best situation that West could have hoped for. They will no doubt at some point in the game have the opportunity to be able to rest some of their starters, and be able to have them rested and fresher for their second round playoff game. Giving game condition playing time to backups can do nothing but help with games still to be played.

SiderSam
Waterboy

Post by SiderSam »

One step at a time! You’ve got to bring your A game from here on out! I feel that we have an excellent opportunity move on to week 12 and I’m hoping for CA win for another home game.
Last edited by SiderSam on Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

🟠⬛️WESTSIDE🟠⬛️
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Northwest will surprise here

SOCobserver
Waterboy

Post by SOCobserver »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:40 pm
Listen Fellas, all I'm saying is Wests record is a tad misleading. Their wins over opponents win loss record is 36 wins 54 losses. They beat some very weak teams. Other than Wheelersburg who did they beat that was of ant real consequence? West couldn't beat the OVC,s 3rd best team. Just saying this is going to be close. Maybe an upset if they dont watch out for the Lintz kid.

SiderSam
Waterboy

Post by SiderSam »

SOCobserver wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:34 pm

Listen Fellas, all I'm saying is Wests record is a tad misleading. Their wins over opponents win loss record is 36 wins 54 losses. They beat some very weak teams. Other than Wheelersburg who did they beat that was of ant real consequence? West couldn't beat the OVC,s 3rd best team. Just saying this is going to be close. Maybe an upset if they dont watch out for the Lintz kid.
:lol: These posts are gonna be so fun! Just gonna enjoy the ride lol

Portsmouth
KIPP
Waverly
Minford

All good wins! The above teams would beat NW by 3 TD’s or more IMO. NW better come with a better game plan than what’s been shown all year is all I’m saying! They will have trouble stopping the air attack as well as the ground game for us.

🟠⬛️WESTSIDE🟠⬛️
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

West 42-7 running clock by 3rd quater

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
basketballplayer123
Waterboy

Post by basketballplayer123 »

[media][/media]

ah yes the mighty mohawks schedule is unmatched coming off the biggest game of the year vs the eastern eagles

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

You can’t be serious with this post. Nothing wrong with a little confidence but this is delusional. NW is twice as big as every team in the SOC and had to share the title with Eastern. You are lucky to get a chance for a playoff game because of the new format. If we held Burg to 7 points, im not overly concerned about the Mohawks. Burg is on another level. NW has won 3 games against the Siders in almost 60 tries. I see nothing on paper nor in the stars that would lead me to believe this game will be any different.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
SOCobserver
Waterboy

Post by SOCobserver »

SiderSam wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:38 pm

Portsmouth
KIPP
Waverly
Minford

All good wins! The above teams would beat NW by 3 TD’s or more IMO. NW better come with a better game plan than what’s been shown all year is all I’m saying! They will have trouble stopping the air attack as well as the ground game for us.
Good wins? I thought you boys were football fans and not a bunch of Homer's. I'm not from NW, but here are those good wins broken down.
Portsmouth wins
Valley
Rock hill
Coal Grove
South point
Chesapeake
Fairland

Waverly wins
Miami Trace
Johnstown
Valley
Minford
Oak Hill

Minford wins (this is not what good wins look like)
Rock Hill
Chesapeake
Wellston
Oak hill
Valley
East clinton

KIPP (this was also laughable)
Miffin 0-8
Bexley 1-8
Grand view Heights 2-8
Whetstone 2-8
Warrensville Heights 1-9

So that's quality? Dont come back and say Portsmouth, because they finished 3rd in the OVC along with Fairland. Don't say Portsmouth beat Coal Grove because they tied with Rock Hill at 5-5. Unless the OVC became a power house since the playoffs were announced, West only has one quality win.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I think we will see west vs ironton week 3. My guess game will be at Portsmouth

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:59 pm I think we will see west vs ironton week 3. My guess game will be at Portsmouth
That's a game I'd like to see. I'd love to see West knock Ironton off their high horse. And I don't even like West lol

NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

Great storyline of it being Pendletons Alma mater too boot

SiderSam
Waterboy

Post by SiderSam »

SOCobserver wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:36 pm
SiderSam wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:38 pm

Portsmouth
KIPP
Waverly
Minford

Good wins? I thought you boys were football fans and not a bunch of Homer's. I'm not from NW, but here are those good wins broken down.
Portsmouth wins
Valley
Rock hill
Coal Grove
South point
Chesapeake
Fairland

Waverly wins
Miami Trace
Johnstown
Valley
Minford
Oak Hill

Minford wins (this is not what good wins look like)
Rock Hill
Chesapeake
Wellston
Oak hill
Valley
East clinton

KIPP (this was also laughable)
Miffin 0-8
Bexley 1-8
Grand view Heights 2-8
Whetstone 2-8
Warrensville Heights 1-9

So that's quality? Dont come back and say Portsmouth, because they finished 3rd in the OVC along with Fairland. Don't say Portsmouth beat Coal Grove because they tied with Rock Hill at 5-5. Unless the OVC became a power house since the playoffs were announced, West only has one quality win.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

🟠⬛️WESTSIDE🟠⬛️
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

NW97 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:44 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:59 pm I think we will see west vs ironton week 3. My guess game will be at Portsmouth
That's a game I'd like to see. I'd love to see West knock Ironton off their high horse. And I don't even like West lol
Lol I don’t like either. But have to root for someone in southern Ohio at that point.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005

Return to “Football”