Unioto 0 - 38 Clinton-Massie 2022 Playoffs

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: #4 Unioto hosting #13 Clinton Massie

Post by Ironman92 »

Unioto is the 4 and should expect to win. CM has the name and the history but Unioto should win. If they don’t most will feel they should up their non conference schedule….and I’ll be one of them.

Unioto 34-28

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:00 am Unioto is the 4 and should expect to win. CM has the name and the history but Unioto should win. If they don’t most will feel they should up their non conference schedule….and I’ll be one of them.

Unioto 34-28
According to Drew Pasteur’s webpage, Unioto despite being the 4th seed is a 5 point underdog.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

I think until Unioto bumps up their scheduling they will be in a tough spot come playoffs.
Their schedule this year and general SVC play is not going to prepare you as well as it could with some stiff competition.
Add a Chillicothe, Jackson, WCH, some bigger better teams to your schedule
They didn’t play a single division higher than them this year.
For instance look at Chilli they played 2 D2 and 1 D1 school.
Best of luck to the Sherman’s, you can do it, tall task though.

I’m also not buying the “this isn’t the same CM” talk
Back to the scheduling, CM played 7 schools bigger than them…they are ready for DIV playoffs

CharlieMurphy
Waterboy

Post by CharlieMurphy »

Massie gonna line up and play big boy football. Better lace em up tight and buy some extra icy hot bc they're gonna run it right up at you and you won't be able to do a thing about it. Massie 42-12

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Massie will play the physical game that they always play.
They have won 5 of their last 6 games.
First four losses were close games against good programs.
CM wins by 14 points.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:18 am C-M loves lining up in the double wing and doing a lot of off-tackle, between the hashes, and then hitting you with a play action when least expected.

The Waynesville loss is the only head scratcher but the other losses are to some really good teams. Their non conference schedule is tough.

C-M will try to limit possessions and make it really hard on Unioto. This one is a tough one to pick. Unioto is very capable of winning this game.
Waynesville stud QB got hurt in the 2nd or 3rd game and missed most of the season, but is back for the playoffs. So Waynesville overall record is very misleading. But he did play in the Massie game, so I actually get that. But, with that said, even though Massie was down, it is still going to be Massie football. If Unioto can't at least slow the Massie run game, this will get ugly. Hopefully the Unioto fronts play really well and make it a 4th quarter game.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

I don’t know much about their history. Not talking about this year.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

I said they were underrated because every week seems they were picked against but kept winning. That’s called underrated. I don’t know much about their history.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

I said they were underrated because every week seems they were picked against but kept winning. That’s called underrated. I don’t know much about their history. I’m not like alot of people on here. I’m an adult. Not trying to argue. Just wondering about their history.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Nicknevada86 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:21 pm I said they were underrated because every week seems they were picked against but kept winning. That’s called underrated. I don’t know much about their history. I’m not like alot of people on here. I’m an adult. Not trying to argue. Just wondering about their history.
1 playoff win, but that was in 2020 and would have been against a non-playoff team in a typical season. Haven’t won the SVC since 1998. This is their best team since then. The 4 seed is the best they have ever been. In the 60’s, when the program started, they were awesome. Good again in the 80’s and have been on the upswing the past decade after a long time of being very bad.

Lots of athletes and they use them well, probably could get Griffin more carries, but he’s a huge part of their good defense, so it makes sense on how they use him. They have been good against the run on the season overall.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:40 pm
Nicknevada86 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:21 pm I said they were underrated because every week seems they were picked against but kept winning. That’s called underrated. I don’t know much about their history. I’m not like alot of people on here. I’m an adult. Not trying to argue. Just wondering about their history.
1 playoff win, but that was in 2020 and would have been against a non-playoff team in a typical season. Haven’t won the SVC since 1998. This is their best team since then. The 4 seed is the best they have ever been. In the 60’s, when the program started, they were awesome. Good again in the 80’s and have been on the upswing the past decade after a long time of being very bad.

Lots of athletes and they use them well, probably could get Griffin more carries, but he’s a huge part of their good defense, so it makes sense on how they use him. They have been good against the run on the season overall.
Do you think Griffin could’ve gotten svc OPOY if he would’ve gotten more than 7 touches a game?

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

GeneralCarpenter wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:46 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:40 pm

Do you think Griffin could’ve gotten svc OPOY if he would’ve gotten more than 7 touches a game?
If he would of been able to get 2000 yards I say ya any less doubtful. Unioto doesn’t have much luck with that award.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Nicknevada86 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:33 am Unioto may be the most underrated team.what’s their football history. Have they won many conf titles etc? Don’t know much about Unioto except they had really good team this season
Unioto 31
Cm 24
Unioto played a weak schedule in a weak conference in which they are the biggest school by a pretty significant margin, which is why I think a lot of ppl might find them a little overrated. Myself, I think Unioto has the athletes and depth to win this game.

ManInBlack
Riding the Bench

Post by ManInBlack »

My pick is Clinton Massie. They line up and run wishbone straight at you. In terms of physical style, Zane trace is the closest style and they wore down unioto in the second half. Shermans have the athletes but they will have to win time of possession and force turnovers to stay ahead of the falcons. I think it will be a one score game. CM 35-28

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

And don't get me wrong, I do give Unioto a punchers chance. This is not your typical Massie team. If it was, Massie would be top of the region and would destroy Unioto if they played, but this program is one of those different football programs. So even in a down year and with Unioto having one of their better teams, Massie is still a favorite and will be hard to stop.

DJT47
Riding the Bench

Post by DJT47 »

It'll be nice to see Unioto play a d4 school.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

a matchup brought to you by the new 16team Playoff Format.

clinton Massie a BIG benefit of it.

i agree they maybe the best 5-5 team you’ll see in the entire Division and could be the first to make a claim of a lower sees gettin deep in post season.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
RShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RShifko »

I think Unioto has to ignore any talk about who Clinton Massie is or isn’t. I truly believe Coach Hoops has the Tanks changing their culture that these dudes now believe that they can show up and compete against anyone that wasn’t always the case with the Tanks. As far as the match up Unioto has been so balanced offensively that CM will have to decide do they want to crowd the LOS and match up with Fox and Hoops in space on the edges while trying to take away the 3 headed Unioto running game or are they going to try to force Unioto to try to put together 10- or more play drives to score. Defensively I think Unioto knows what to do to take away the CM offense.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Clinton Massie is built for these games I hope the light aren’t too bright for Unioto. They can’t afford to give CM extra possessions bc of turnovers

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

RShifko wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:20 am I think Unioto has to ignore any talk about who Clinton Massie is or isn’t. I truly believe Coach Hoops has the Tanks changing their culture that these dudes now believe that they can show up and compete against anyone that wasn’t always the case with the Tanks. As far as the match up Unioto has been so balanced offensively that CM will have to decide do they want to crowd the LOS and match up with Fox and Hoops in space on the edges while trying to take away the 3 headed Unioto running game or are they going to try to force Unioto to try to put together 10- or more play drives to score. Defensively I think Unioto knows what to do to take away the CM offense.
Everyone knows what Massie is going to do offensively, and has been doing the last 20+ years, but not everyone stops it….If Unioto can get out to an early lead and make Massie have to play from behind multiple scores that is ideal for Unioto. If Unioto lets Massie have 8-9 minute possessions (they have taken a full quarter this year of possession) it’s going to be a grind.

Return to “Football”