Unioto 0 - 38 Clinton-Massie 2022 Playoffs

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Re: #4 Unioto hosting #13 Clinton Massie

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

Unioto is losing a lot sadly. 20ish seniors and almost every skill player.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Disappointing end to a very good season.

Have to try to beef up the non-league again to ever beat a team like Massie.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:16 pm
GeneralCarpenter wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:07 pm
MasterOfNone wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:54 pm

Well…… score is looking rough
We didn’t belong lol. Need a real coach
Lol, man, your expectations are…..high.
I look at this more about two completely different programs. A historical dominant state powerhouse, vs a school that has only most recently really seen the most success in football and that meaning playoff births. Tonight was most definitely NOT a result of poor coaching from Hoops, merely two entirely different football programs facing off.

Kudos to Unioto on a solid season. A lot to learn from and a great year for building the program. It’s not building until you build on it though.
I think Unioto would benefit from a formidable foe in the non conf. Maybe Chillicothe? Schedule up, take on some good larger schools to prepare yourself for the playoffs
But, what a bad bad draw for Unioto.
Hit the nail on the head with this post, reminds me exactly of the 2016 Waverly team came in 9-1 and got smashed at home by Valley View. Now look at their program it’s been improving

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
mattash
Site Admin

Re: Unioto 0 - 38 Clinton-Massie 2022 Playoffs

Post by mattash »

Unioto 0 - 38 Clinton-Massie

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
DJT47
Riding the Bench

Post by DJT47 »

Unioto will never be competitive in D4 coming out of the SVC.

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

GeneralCarpenter wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:05 pm Newton Hoops getting exposed and Coach Hoops getting outcoached bad. Not one adjustment on defense. We aren’t a passing offense and our best tackler is playing 10-12 yards back. Sad this is how we are going out.

In Hoops defense, Coach McSurely has out coached A LOT of coaches. 3 rings speaks for itself. I think this has been one of McSurely’s (and staff) best coaching years oddly enough with their record. Very young team finally coming into their own.

CharlieMurphy
Waterboy

Post by CharlieMurphy »

Told ya

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Not surprised that Unioto lost, but I am by the score. Guess the Shermans forgot that C-M is used to playoffs pressure, and wouldn’t be intimidated going to “the U” when they are used to playing for state championships.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

GeneralCarpenter wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:37 pm Unioto is losing a lot sadly. 20ish seniors and almost every skill player.
This is the next step for Unioto. Great year 9-2. What happens next year after losing 20ish seniors. Look at the team they just lost to-Clinton Massie. Massie lost a lot to graduation last year Massie is reloading not rebuilding. Unioto has the kids to reload but it will be alot of off season work. The non league schedule is OK- 2 of the 3 non league opponents made the playoffs with Amanda going winless for the 1st time since whenever. If I were scheduling for Unioto I would keep 2 of the current non league teams and go for broke in the 3rd non league opponent. Call Clinton Massie, Columbus Hartley, Columbus Ready, Licking Valley to name a few and make it your 3rd non league opponent. They probably would be interested in scheduling because Unioto can provide 2 level points for teams if they beat Unioto but the experience would help Unioto.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:50 pm
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:16 pm
GeneralCarpenter wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:07 pm

We didn’t belong lol. Need a real coach
Lol, man, your expectations are…..high.
I look at this more about two completely different programs. A historical dominant state powerhouse, vs a school that has only most recently really seen the most success in football and that meaning playoff births. Tonight was most definitely NOT a result of poor coaching from Hoops, merely two entirely different football programs facing off.

Kudos to Unioto on a solid season. A lot to learn from and a great year for building the program. It’s not building until you build on it though.
I think Unioto would benefit from a formidable foe in the non conf. Maybe Chillicothe? Schedule up, take on some good larger schools to prepare yourself for the playoffs
But, what a bad bad draw for Unioto.
Hit the nail on the head with this post, reminds me exactly of the 2016 Waverly team came in 9-1 and got smashed at home by Valley View. Now look at their program it’s been improving
Yeah I was just a little salty haha. That’s just what happens when we play “football schools”. Need to beef up that schedule and get more physical. I think Unioto and maybe a school like Waverly should join the FAC

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

As I said before, why worry about region 16 if you can’t win the svc. Playing a tuff non conference will do nothing for our program at this point. When we can win the svc and beat the runner up by running clock then we will have a team good enough to compete in d4. If any of you guys watch football it was pretty easy to see we did not have the guys up front to compete. As far as no adjustments, when you put everyone in the box and even blitz a corner leave the split end unblocked and still can’t stop the run you can’t adjust anything else lol. As far as us not being a passing team, we are one of the better passing teams around with one of our best players in fox the all time best wide out in school history. I question the unioto supporters on this site. As far as next year, ppl will completely count us out but again if you pay any attention to us and the rest of the svc you would know better. We have 6 starters back on defense with two more that played lot of varsity. We lose a lot of our run game but this style of offense is very versatile. We could use receiver wings instead of backs and be fine. I feel like the defense will be better next year.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Unioto has to join a different conference to ever be ready for any football playoff success.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Before we think about moving conference and playing to get ready for d4 playoffs we need to put together a d4 team. Again ppl on here have no clue what they are talking about

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Rolltanks wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:01 pm Before we think about moving conference and playing to get ready for d4 playoffs we need to put together a d4 team. Again ppl on here have no clue what they are talking about
They had a good team this year. Just a terrible draw. But yes they can benefit from a tougher schedule but I like the direction of the program. Will see how next year looks as many have said you lose a lot.
Schedule some decent D4 schools, maybe a so so D3. NOT Massie lol.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Rolltanks wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:01 pm Before we think about moving conference and playing to get ready for d4 playoffs we need to put together a d4 team. Again ppl on here have no clue what they are talking about
If big fish in small pond is the goal then stay put. If getting better is the goal then they need to move on.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I don't think anyone is shocked by Massie pulling this one off, it's more in the manner of how they done it which is what Unioto should be worried about. Bottom line is this Unioto had one of it's better senior classes come through however they weren't very good up front and their schedule wasn't tough enough to get them ready for a team like Massie who lives to dominate the trenches. People can say it's a bad draw or whatever, and playing Massie was going to be tough but you were a 4 seed that just got embarrassed. People can say all they want about them leaving the SVC but as one the one Unioto fan pointed out why would they leave it to try and become better overall when you can't even win the SVC. Then it starts coming down to looking internally and what they need to do to be that powerhouse they should be in the SVC, you've got a DIV school mixed in which a bunch of DV and DVI schools there's zero reason anyone can give as to why Unioto isn't winning the SVC on a regular basis or at least once every 2-3 years.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:22 pm I don't think anyone is shocked by Massie pulling this one off, it's more in the manner of how they done it which is what Unioto should be worried about. Bottom line is this Unioto had one of it's better senior classes come through however they weren't very good up front and their schedule wasn't tough enough to get them ready for a team like Massie who lives to dominate the trenches. People can say it's a bad draw or whatever, and playing Massie was going to be tough but you were a 4 seed that just got embarrassed. People can say all they want about them leaving the SVC but as one the one Unioto fan pointed out why would they leave it to try and become better overall when you can't even win the SVC. Then it starts coming down to looking internally and what they need to do to be that powerhouse they should be in the SVC, you've got a DIV school mixed in which a bunch of DV and DVI schools there's zero reason anyone can give as to why Unioto isn't winning the SVC on a regular basis or at least once every 2-3 years.
Pretty easy to see why we don’t win the svc. If we have a good team we are right there if not we struggle bottom line is ppl can say your d4 but our football isn’t really. We have 30-55 kids any given year no different than any other svc school. Open enrollment kills us, so many kids come to unioto and don’t play. We have had so many good skill bball guys over the years and they don’t play. We are a Chillicothe school but our district doesn’t cover much of the town. Ppl can say how big we are but our sports teams are no different than anyone else we play. That’s why we don’t win football. If we had a d4 program we would win. It’s not coaches imo. We lose few kids after junior high but no different than anyone else.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Where you see the size as far as sports go is cross country, golf, soccer, tennis, bowling. Sports that other svc schools don’t have but we definitely don’t have d4 numbers in football. We would need to have one way guys, and no starters on special teams sept maybe return guys. We should have a freshman team and a jv team full of juniors and sophomores, but again we do not. It just isn’t a football school hopefully with the way things are going we get to that point and then I’ll be the first person to push to the school about a league change and scheduling up but until that happens we are a d6 team playing in d4 and I don’t see a reason to play a team to just get beat up.

DJT47
Riding the Bench

Post by DJT47 »

Rolltanks wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:34 pm Where you see the size as far as sports go is cross country, golf, soccer, tennis, bowling. Sports that other svc schools don’t have but we definitely don’t have d4 numbers in football. We would need to have one way guys, and no starters on special teams sept maybe return guys. We should have a freshman team and a jv team full of juniors and sophomores, but again we do not. It just isn’t a football school hopefully with the way things are going we get to that point and then I’ll be the first person to push to the school about a league change and scheduling up but until that happens we are a d6 team playing in d4 and I don’t see a reason to play a team to just get beat up.
A D6 team playing in D4?? Gtfoh

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Yeah, changing to stronger conferences and beefing up OOC schedule are not automatic pathways to building a competitive team for the playoffs. It takes a combination of coaching plus commitment from athletes, parents, school administration, and the community at large to create a football program that can compete with the Massies and Wyomings of the world.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels

Return to “Football”