Green 36 - 45 Notre Dame 2022 Playoffs

mattash
Site Admin

Green 36 - 45 Notre Dame 2022 Playoffs

Post by mattash »

Green hosting their first ever home playoff game. Should be a good game. Both teams in the funk right now

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: Playoffs Notre Dame @ Green

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I might take this one in. I want to see the new field. Titans won in the regular season. I’ll go with them in a close one. Winner gets the treat to play Newark catholic.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

I wouldn’t say both teams are in a funk. Green went 0-4 their last 4 games after a 6-0 start. ND has went 3-1 after a 2 -4 start so I believe ND is playing the better game right even with the loss to East. That game game could have easily been won by ND but they lost so time to move on to the next one. I believe this game will come down to if ND wants to pack it up and go on to basketball season after a disappointing lost or do they want to prove that they are better than Green again and move on to Newark Catholic.. i am hoping they want to play a couple more games so with that I am going 35-14 ND

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Cassidy was QB for last Green game, won’t be the case this time. Green wins this one.

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Nd 27
Green 20

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I'm sure that there will be no lack of effort from either team in this game. No doubt the Green players and the Community will be proud to be able to host this first round playoff game at their new facility. Should be a very good game, let's hope for an injury free game for both teams.

QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

Green has been in a big funk. However, This is the first time Green has ever hosted a playoff game. Franklin Furnace will show up and the boys will be riding probably one of the biggest motivative highs they have all season. Regardless of Outcome, Friday will be a day that is remembered forever in the big FFO! I am calling Green in an emotional and a revenge win.

Chuck Sheetz
Waterboy

Post by Chuck Sheetz »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:42 pm Cassidy was QB for last Green game, won’t be the case this time. Green wins this one.
who are you? his daddy?

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

Chuck Sheetz wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:31 am
RiverBallFan1 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:42 pm Cassidy was QB for last Green game, won’t be the case this time. Green wins this one.
who are you? his daddy?
Don’t think his daddy would predict a Green win! But so what if it is his daddy?? Who’s daddy wouldn’t want their kid to play at QB if his son played in the first game!

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

This a Saturday game or Friday?

QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

knowledge wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:16 pm This a Saturday game or Friday?
Friday

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Great draw for both teams. Nd don’t have to drive 4 hrs and get to play a team they know they can beat. Green gets home game and shot at revenge. Good for Scioto cty fans.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

Nicknevada86 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:25 pm Great draw for both teams. Nd don’t have to drive 4 hrs and get to play a team they know they can beat. Green gets home game and shot at revenge. Good for Scioto cty fans.
Absolutely cause the next week whoever wins will be going to Newark… So it is nice to stay in the county for one.

MeNotWe
Waterboy

Post by MeNotWe »

Gonna go with the Titans, they come out angry after the East debacle. Green seems to have quit along with their starting QB.

NewApproved
Riding the Bench

Post by NewApproved »

It seems crazy that this is even a playoff game. Newark Catholic for the win. Plenty of money for the the Ohio High School Athletic Association though. Only reason this one is being played.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

who are you? his daddy?
Actually, no, but there is a Daddy involved!

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
NewApproved
Riding the Bench

Post by NewApproved »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:13 am
who are you? his daddy?
ND coaching staff will try to play puppet master to who will be the stars Of the game will be. For that reason, if green has learned anything from East, they should pull out the win in this meaningless game.

QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

NewApproved wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:41 pm

who are you? his daddy?
ND coaching staff will try to play puppet master to who will be the stars Of the game will be. For that reason, if green has learned anything from East, they should pull out the win in this meaningless game.
Meaningless to you maybe... But I assure you this game is anything but meaningless. Are ether one of these teams going to beat NC? NO. But, There is a community trying to change a decades old culture of moral victories and blowouts. This is everything to the kids and community of Franklin Furnace. Ask the old men at baileys what this means to them. Ask Green alumni what it means to them. I am not a Green Alumni, but I live in the community. I have bought in to the future. There is a long way to go but this game means Everything to a small water tower town with one stop light.

Zone6_11Warriors
Waterboy

Post by Zone6_11Warriors »

I think ND will win buttttttt..... depends on what ND teams shows up. East just got 3 yard and a cloud of dust against the Titans. This group seems to shut down when things don't go their way. On the flip side, Green has completely fell apart. Played NW tough but after that boom they are on the struggle bus. I think Cassidy gives them the better option at QB because I think he is more athletic than Webb. Best of luck to the Titans. Whoever wins, the real playoffs start next week.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

QB SNEAK wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:41 am
NewApproved wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:41 pm

Meaningless to you maybe... But I assure you this game is anything but meaningless. Are ether one of these teams going to beat NC? NO. But, There is a community trying to change a decades old culture of moral victories and blowouts. This is everything to the kids and community of Franklin Furnace. Ask the old men at baileys what this means to them. Ask Green alumni what it means to them. I am not a Green Alumni, but I live in the community. I have bought in to the future. There is a long way to go but this game means Everything to a small water tower town with one stop light.
That guy went from thread to thread on here saying that crap last night. Just a troll that doesn’t understand how each community is. It’s a big game for both schools. It’s the reason the expansion of the playoffs can be be fun and exciting.
Good luck to both schools and enjoy the opportunity!

Return to “Football”