2023 Ironton Tigers

RBH23
S

Re: 2023 Ironton Tigers

Post by RBH23 »

TigersGameDayFan wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:22 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:19 pm
TigersGameDayFan wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:57 pm

I never get on here and post. I do not even live remotely in the area. With the accusations of recruitment going on at Ironton could you provide proof? Or do you just talk to talk? Kids transfer because they see other kids getting college offers that they would never get in their own schools program. It is pretty obvious Ironton has had multiple kids transfer in. Duh. State the obvious.

With that being said, making accusations of recruitment is a big time statement on your part. I would like for you to provide proof of these statements. Otherwise please just shut up.

I am honestly surprised from the lack of effort from the admins of this website for allowing the accusations on this thread, and many others, continue. With all the other post and comments that get deleted, these should as well. As this person continues to make extremely dumb statements without backing up his information with any sort of proof....wonderful stuff..
First off, this topic is not about whether Ironton’s recruiting efforts are legal or not. We are debating if what Ironton does is equivalent to what Burg does.

Second, I have actually applauded Pendleton for his efforts. What he’s doing is very smart because he has no chance of ever winning a state title without these transfers/recruits.

Third, there have been many specific examples of him recruiting kids from other schools. These have been shared multiple times from others on this site: phone calls made to kids at other schools, contact with kids at other schools during other sporting events, etc. One excited mother even posted on Facebook about Pendleton contacting her son about coming to play for Ironton. Believe it or not, parents talk!!

So the proof is there but is always ignored by Ironton fans. They are the only ones pretending this is not happening.

This topic is called Ironton Football 2023. It has nothing to do with Burg. Numb Skull.

If the proof is there, where is the screen shots of the text, messages, call? Come on now.

I can make stuff up easily, let me hop on facebook real quick. Burgs coach called my son last week and wanted him to move there. Easy as that. Until you can provide adequate information that is true. With proof to validate it, then just shut up.
Name calling and personal insults. You’re a class act I see.

If it’s not about Burg, why does Burg get brought up? Go back through this thread. I posted nothing until Burg was accused of recruiting.

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

mustard wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:32 pm

First off, this topic is not about whether Ironton’s recruiting efforts are legal or not. We are debating if what Ironton does is equivalent to what Burg does.

Second, I have actually applauded Pendleton for his efforts. What he’s doing is very smart because he has no chance of ever winning a state title without these transfers/recruits.

Third, there have been many specific examples of him recruiting kids from other schools. These have been shared multiple times from others on this site: phone calls made to kids at other schools, contact with kids at other schools during other sporting events, etc. One excited mother even posted on Facebook about Pendleton contacting her son about coming to play for Ironton. Believe it or not, parents talk!!

So the proof is there but is always ignored by Ironton fans. They are the only ones pretending this is not happening.

This topic is called Ironton Football 2023. It has nothing to do with Burg. Numb Skull.

If the proof is there, where is the screen shots of the text, messages, call? Come on now.

I can make stuff up easily, let me hop on facebook real quick. Burgs coach called my son last week and wanted him to move there. Easy as that. Until you can provide adequate information that is true. With proof to validate it, then just shut up.
burgs coach called your son? That’s Awesome 😂 😂
Nah, I don't even have a son. I am just showing you how easy it is to make stuff up. LOL....anyways my work here is done. I have gathered the information needed.. My best advice to you adults who invest all your time in talking about high school sports. Don't get so emotionally involved to where you have to hop on other schools threads just to make crazy recruiting accusations. I mean you are grown right? If you have that big of an issue with it then go to the OHSAA with your SEOP post and show them how you feel. But then again they will also want proof. Don't be to hard on yourself, I know the only thing in life that matters to you is high school football. You wake up every day with the same crappy life but look forward to posting about Ironton. I get it, take your depression out on some people who probably do not worry about you nor care about you at all..

Logging off, see ya in a few years if you're still around sweet cheeks

T-I-G-E-R-S
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:23 pm
mustard wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:04 pm
TigersGameDayFan wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:48 pm

Ok so tell me what other area schools are producing the same scholarships? Lets break this down one question at a time.
:lol: with their own players or their transfers?

Long of south point committed to Akron recently not sure how that happened…maybe because he was 6-6 380 😂

ur right it does make it easier to gather all the d1 talent in one area and bus them around…its 4 the kids 😂
Kid from Minford went to Marshall and then ended up starting at Notre Dame. Not sure if he made the pros.

Lineman from Sciotoville recently recruited by some big schools; OSU being one of them.

Holden would have gotten some big looks if he had dedicated himself to football.

Hell, Pendleton himself ended up at MSU and started in the Rose Bowl.
Two kids from East, the other went to West Virginia.

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

TigersGameDayFan wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:39 pm
mustard wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:32 pm

burgs coach called your son? That’s Awesome 😂 😂
Nah, I don't even have a son. I am just showing you how easy it is to make stuff up. LOL....anyways my work here is done. I have gathered the information needed.. My best advice to you adults who invest all your time in talking about high school sports. Don't get so emotionally involved to where you have to hop on other schools threads just to make crazy recruiting accusations. I mean you are grown right? If you have that big of an issue with it then go to the OHSAA with your SEOP post and show them how you feel. But then again they will also want proof. Don't be to hard on yourself, I know the only thing in life that matters to you is high school football. You wake up every day with the same crappy life but look forward to posting about Ironton. I get it, take your depression out on some people who probably do not worry about you nor care about you at all..

Logging off, see ya in a few years if you're still around sweet cheeks
He11 don’t log off. Just keep hammering them. They just butt hurt and jealous of Ironton. Otherwise they’d stop posting on their threads. 😂

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:34 pm

You’re late to the party. Go back and read the threads from the past on this topic. Many examples were given. If you don’t want to believe them, that’s your choice.

Specifics (of one example) were shared with me that I won’t share out of respect for privacy. My friend has a relationship with the family and is well know in the community. So not mine to share unfortunately.

My friend won’t go to OHSAA for one simple reason: any punishment only hurts the Ironton kids. Not worth hurting them over a game.

But again, my only complaint about the matter is that Ironton fans keep accusing Burg of doing this. That’s the reason I chime in because that is completely false.

As for Ironton and their transfers/recruiting, Pendleton needs to do what makes his team a winner. Hasn’t been able to get over the top yet with all the outside help, but maybe one day. Regardless, stopping the recruiting would be a death nail since Ironton is irrelevant without the outside help.
I am admittedly not very smart, not having gone to one of the top schools in the country at Wheelersburg, with their Ivy League pathways, but I’ve never heard of a death nail. Is this like a Jesus thing?

LetsRide
Waterboy

Post by LetsRide »

Forgive me if it has already been stated, but was the midland game replacing an open game? Or did someone drop last minute?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

LetsRide wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:35 am Forgive me if it has already been stated, but was the midland game replacing an open game? Or did someone drop last minute?

Replaced a home game opening from playing Johnson Central last year, which was a one year contract.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

My goodness, these kids are killing it in the weight room this year, some unbelievable transformations in some of these young men are pretty impressive. A lot of PR’s are happening.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:34 am My goodness, these kids are killing it in the weight room this year, some unbelievable transformations in some of these young men are pretty impressive. A lot of PR’s are happening.
Hope they keep improving. If they work really hard they may get to play special teams when their replacements show up this Summer

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

Been off the board for a while...
1) For the record, Ironton has definitely benefitted more than burg from transfers & out-of-district kids the last 3 years or so.
2) I don't think burg coaches recruit. One burg poster did say earlier that burg folks do "encourage" out-of-district kids to come to the burg, though.
I don't know about Ironton's coaches until I see proof certain.
3) My point regarding burg - for the millionth time - is that a LOT of their kids over the years have not been burg kids. That applies to all those who don't live in the burg district.
4) You folks who say that Ironton would be irrelevant without outside help are crazy. Several born 'n bred Ironton boys have gone on to play college ball the last 3-4 years. In fact. more TRUE Ironton kids have been college caliber than TRUE burg kids in that time - and the last 40 years or so. That's part of the reason we own you in football...simply better football players, by and large.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:21 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:34 am My goodness, these kids are killing it in the weight room this year, some unbelievable transformations in some of these young men are pretty impressive. A lot of PR’s are happening.
Hope they keep improving. If they work really hard they may get to play special teams when their replacements show up this Summer
They are all working incredibly hard this offseason, competition only makes you better. Heck, we have a FR RB who just squatted over 500 lbs and we was a heck of a RB in his class, going to be fun to watch him the next few years. We have a SO RB that ways 170 that squatted 3 times his weight, that’s just a couple examples of how the weight room is going.

How’s your team doing this offseason?

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Wheelrsburg has only been able to make it out of their region 3 times in the last 15 years.

Ironton ( under HC Pendleton) has won at least their region 3 out of the last 4 seasons.

Portsmouth West and Harvest Prep both defeated Wheelersburg last season. Ironton defeated both Prep and West handily. Prep has came out on top vs Burg in each recent matchup. Ironton has defeated Prep twice in same time span.

Ironton has either blown out Burg at home or Goose egged burg in their own building. Pendletons Tigers have dominated the matchup during his tenure.

Win or lose, Burg hasn't seen a title game under Woodard in several consecutive seasons. Ironton has competed in multiple in the same time frame.

It's a present day false equivalence. Ironton is clearly a notch above Burg in seo and the fighting tigers always have been the more prestigous and accomplished program in seo all time.

Burg fans on Seops = Jan Brady. It's a complex.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

It’s great to see all these young men going on College visits, young men down to the 2027 Class have been going on College visits. Pretty awesome to have a Coach and Staff that puts this much time in for their players. As always……

Go Fighting Tigers…..

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:58 am It’s great to see all these young men going on College visits, young men down to the 2027 Class have been going on College visits. Pretty awesome to have a Coach and Staff that puts this much time in for their players. As always……

Go Fighting Tigers…..
Yep definitely awesome. No wonder all these kids are transferring in.

TigerFella
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerFella »

Haven’t been on the forums since the season ended but came back to check out any news.

Also to answer a rather old question. Amari Felder hurt his ankle against Jackson and was on a bum ankle the rest of the season, even resting 2 or 3 games if I remember correctly. It was a bad nagging one. They typically didn’t need him to run the ball as much with Keyes taking the load so they used him more at Safety.

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

Long for SP lost his scholarship to Akron. I heard his grades were the issue.

mustard wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:04 pm
TigersGameDayFan wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:48 pm
mustard wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:41 pm

:lol: :lol:

proof is in the roster. 😂

stop with the college scholarship baloney …kids from other area schools have went to college and some even sniffed the pros … don’t be so gullible… recruiting goes on… I have no problem with it… i think it shouldn’t even be a rule..but definitely goes on..

Ok so tell me what other area schools are producing the same scholarships? Lets break this down one question at a time.
:lol: with their own players or their transfers?

Long of south point committed to Akron recently not sure how that happened…maybe because he was 6-6 380 😂

ur right it does make it easier to gather all the d1 talent in one area and bus them around…its 4 the kids 😂

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

OL-Patterson, Layne, Bump, Bryant (or Day), Gossett
QB-Thacker
RB-Williams, Copas, Sturgill, Carmon
FB-Sloan
WR-Terry, Schreck, Pittman, Moore, Markel, Johnson

DL-Patterson, Layne, Copas, Thacker (pass rush situations)
LB-Sloan, Sturgill, Bump, Williams
CB-Terry, Moore
S-Schreck, Pittman

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Blitz wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:00 pm
TigerBob wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:17 pm Yup. Those scholarships that Carter, Keyes, Martin, Salyers signed were just the librul media trying to lie to you, as usual.
preferred walkons and and academic scholarships are NOT Full Ride Athletic Scholarships no matter how much you say it is SMH
Carter and Keyes signed letters of intent at Cincinnati and Wake Forest respectively. Both are on full ride athletic scholarships. Carter is the #2 ranked kid in Cincinnati’s 2023 class and a top 20 recruit in their history. Gotta love know-it-alls.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

GoBigI wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:41 am OL-Patterson, Layne, Bump, Bryant (or Day), Gossett
QB-Thacker
FB-Sloan

CB-Terry, Moore
S-Schreck, Pittman
ND Transfer Gavin Hart will play RB and MLB and NW transfer Connor Lintz will play WR and DB

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Bfan99 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:30 pm
GoBigI wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:41 am OL-Patterson, Layne, Bump, Bryant (or Day), Gossett
QB-Thacker
FB-Sloan

CB-Terry, Moore
S-Schreck, Pittman
ND Transfer Gavin Hart will play RB and MLB and NW transfer Connor Lintz will play WR and DB
That’s going to be a heck of an Offense, the line will be more experienced and the skilled guys are going to be something else.

Return to “Football”