Hopefully Coach Pendleton isn’t going anywhere.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Re: Hopefully Coach Pendleton isn’t going anywhere.

Post by Tri_State790 »

Need a new offensive coordinator.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:02 am
RBH23 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:44 am
gobucs20 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:20 pm Why wouldn't they offer him. Look at his success at Ironton. No he hasn't won the state yet but it's almost unheard of that any Southeastern Ohio team does. He knows how to bring in players and sell his program. And he is very young. And the kids seem to relate to him.
I’ll try to find out why he wasn’t a finalist.

As for my thoughts on why he made not have made the cut:
- More to do with the other applicants. Could be some serious competition for this position.
- Pendleton has had a lot of success but at a small school. Ironton has mostly played far inferior schools during Pendleton’s tenure. Moeller doesn’t play many cupcakes. So the school might want someone with experience playing a tougher schedule game after game…
- Location: connections to the Cincy catholic feeder schools is extremely important. Pendleton obviously has none of those connections.
- Name recognition in general to attract kids from all schools. The ex coach was previously the head coach of Eastern Kentucky. That’s far more impressive than saying “I was head count of Ironton” which most kids and families in the Cincy area have never heard of.
- Finally, is Pendleton catholic? That by itself could be a problem with getting the job. These GCL schools and fans take that very seriously.

Again, just my two cents but will try to find out the truth.
Just call Frank Russo if you want the facts since he’s the main man there lol. Coach Pendleton is staying at Ironton, that’s all that matters to us Fighting Tiger fans 😁
Looks like Russo is getting demoted. Assume because he couldn’t close the deal with Pendleton. :)

https://www.wlwt.com/article/cincinnati ... l/46427616

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Ironton could use Sammy T calling their plays

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:20 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:02 am
RBH23 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:44 am

I’ll try to find out why he wasn’t a finalist.

As for my thoughts on why he made not have made the cut:
- More to do with the other applicants. Could be some serious competition for this position.
- Pendleton has had a lot of success but at a small school. Ironton has mostly played far inferior schools during Pendleton’s tenure. Moeller doesn’t play many cupcakes. So the school might want someone with experience playing a tougher schedule game after game…
- Location: connections to the Cincy catholic feeder schools is extremely important. Pendleton obviously has none of those connections.
- Name recognition in general to attract kids from all schools. The ex coach was previously the head coach of Eastern Kentucky. That’s far more impressive than saying “I was head count of Ironton” which most kids and families in the Cincy area have never heard of.
- Finally, is Pendleton catholic? That by itself could be a problem with getting the job. These GCL schools and fans take that very seriously.

Again, just my two cents but will try to find out the truth.
Just call Frank Russo if you want the facts since he’s the main man there lol. Coach Pendleton is staying at Ironton, that’s all that matters to us Fighting Tiger fans 😁
Looks like Russo is getting demoted. Assume because he couldn’t close the deal with Pendleton. :)

https://www.wlwt.com/article/cincinnati ... l/46427616
What I hear is that they wanted Pendlestone but Russo couldn’t close the deal so that started the clock ticking on his time as AD.

Return to “Football”