2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Beau Burba from Trimble

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Beau Burba from Trimble

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Beau Burba

Trimble High School

WR/DB

How long have you played football, and what keeps you playing?
I’ve played since 3rd grade, the love for the game keeps me playing.

What are your personal goals for the season, along with the goals you have set for the Tomcats?
As a team, our goals are to beat Nelsonville-York and compete for a league title and make the playoffs. Personal goals, I’m hoping to make a name for myself on the field.

Trimble came in at 3-7, including winning the last game of the season, a game I covered. What will it take for you guys to turn things around?
Working hard in the weight room this pre-season and pushing each other to get better. I think with everyone a year older and having varsity experience, everything will fall into place.

What have you been able to accomplish during the off-season to make you an even better player this season?
Getting myself faster during track season and hopefully being able to apply that to the field.

Which side of the ball do you enjoy playing the most? Explain?
I like playing defense the most. That was my primary side of the ball this past season.

Do you feel that you and your teammates are role models to the younger kids who come and watch you play?
Yes, those kids are the future of the program and we try to set the right example.

With this being your final high school season, are you doing anything differently? If so, what?
Leaving everything I have out on the field.

Are you hoping to be invited to play in any of the All-Star games after the season is over?
I’d love the opportunity to play in one if I get the chance!

If you could pick one opponent for Trimble to play, who would it be, along with your reason for picking the team?
A lot of teams come to mind, but I would pick Lucas. I remember watching those games in 2017 and 2018 come right down to the wire. Two hard-nosed, the closest games I’ve seen. In my freshman year, we were supposed to play Lucas, but covid happened and nothing about us playing them has come about since.

If you could change one rule in high school football, what would it be? Why?
I don’t necessarily think it's a rule, but I’d like to see replay start to come into games during the playoffs.

Where do you feel the state finals should be held?
I think Columbus, every kid dreams of playing at the Horseshoe.

What are your thoughts on 16 teams from each region making the playoffs?
I felt like 8 was the right number before it changed to 16. I think they should have given 12 a chance before 16.

Do you read or post on any message boards?
No

What is your favorite class or subject?
English

XFL or USFL
XFL

What is one food you like that most others do not?
I don’t like a lot of fried fish.

dnis30
Freshman Team

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Beau Burba from Trimble

Post by dnis30 »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:11 pm Beau Burba

Trimble High School

WR/DB

If you could pick one opponent for Trimble to play, who would it be, along with your reason for picking the team?
A lot of teams come to mind, but I would pick Lucas. I remember watching those games in 2017 and 2018 come right down to the wire. Two hard-nosed, the closest games I’ve seen. In my freshman year, we were supposed to play Lucas, but Covid happened and nothing about us playing them has come about since.
Respect.

My son played QB for Lucas in those years, graduated in 2020. What great games those were.
Last edited by dnis30 on Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Good interview. I hope Trimble gets it turned around this year and can win some of their non conference games. The conference is better when they are more competitive. Plus we could use the playoff points.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
TomcatFootball11
Freshman Team

Post by TomcatFootball11 »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:33 am Good interview. I hope Trimble gets it turned around this year and can win some of their non conference games. The conference is better when they are more competitive. Plus we could use the playoff points.
I have a feeling will be better than most people expect. We all knew a down year was coming, we just didn't know when. Looking forward to this season!

Boston Creampuff
Riding the Bench

Post by Boston Creampuff »

Too bad one of the tram goals will be taken away this year

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I am hoping Trimble has one of those fun playoff seasons.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

good read

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”