OVC

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Re: OVC

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Look another thread hijacked with the same Ironton bs lol do you guys just sit on it or bounce too? Good grief

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:01 pm Look another thread hijacked with the same Ironton bs lol do you guys just sit on it or bounce too? Good grief
It’s an OVC thread. Ironton is in the OVC. Who else is there to talk about? Chime in with thoughts on your team if you have any, or you can continue to complain about “hijacked” threads.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Ironton
Fairland
Portsmouth
Coal Grove
Gallia
South Point
Chesapeake
Rock Hill

Rh2012
Waterboy

Post by Rh2012 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:50 pm
TigerBob wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:37 pm Ironton’s line was getting blown off the ball pretty much both ways, but especially when South Range had the ball. Looked like boys vs. men up front.
Random. But on subject of OVC, how many winning seasons has the current staff at Rock Hill put together so far and how many years has it been in place?
No winning seasons technically. Went 5-6 last year and that has been the best one thus far. Starting season 7 this fall.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

GoBigI wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:07 pm
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:01 pm Look another thread hijacked with the same Ironton bs lol do you guys just sit on it or bounce too? Good grief
It’s an OVC thread. Ironton is in the OVC. Who else is there to talk about? Chime in with thoughts on your team if you have any, or you can continue to complain about “hijacked” threads.
They are in the OVC…for now. That said go back and read, unless you don’t know how. I made a post, my thoughts on the OVC as a whole of where I think they’ll finish. That followed up by several other people doing the same. But then it gets hijacked talking about Ironton’s QB and OL, last years state championship game. The same bs going on over on a thread about Burg, a thread about Ironton, a thread about Ironton’s 7v7. You definitely seem like you sit and bounce pal. Judging by your respone I’d say you know what I said is accurate but your fragile feelings couldn’t let it go.

Ump
Freshman Team

Post by Ump »

Are teams allowed to charge admission for 7 on 7 games? Last year I think this was brought up but I dont recall a definite answer.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Is the kid QB at 7 on 7 tonight irontons starting QB?

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

If anyone at the 7 on 7 tonight could post some results/thoughts on each team I’d appreciate it. Wanted to go but couldn’t get off work in time.

Who Dey!
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

PTrojan59 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:28 pm If anyone at the 7 on 7 tonight could post some results/thoughts on each team I’d appreciate it. Wanted to go but couldn’t get off work in time.
Hopefully someone does, couldn’t make it there myself.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

svac83 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:23 pm Is the kid QB at 7 on 7 tonight irontons starting QB?
If it’s 6’4 Bailey Thacker then yes, He’s the starting QB.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

In the first games Chesapeake beat ironton
Gallia academy beat south point
Fairland beating rock hill
Portsmouth beating coal grove.

I know it is summer and I have no idea who has starters playing or not. But QB receiver timing should be much better this time of year in helmets and shorts and no rush…. That would be my comment on all 8 teams in game one.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:45 pm
svac83 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:23 pm Is the kid QB at 7 on 7 tonight irontons starting QB?
If it’s 6’4 Bailey Thacker then yes, He’s the starting QB.
My guess is not the starter telegraphed and double clutched Aton 2 or 3 interceptions

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Ironton and rock hill playing about even. ( ironton has played about 25 kids but I think starters have been standing by coach all night if I had to guess. Coal grove and Gallia academy has been pretty even Gallia academy has played all backups against coal grove at least on offense.
The QB arm talent in this league as a whole is probably as deep as I have ever seem on the 8 teams probably 10 QB’s have tossed what would be 45 yard TD passes without stepping in to a throw. Doesn’t mean a thing but I remember when a lot of defenders would not cover receivers over 20 yards down field because it was going to be a heave

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Fairland too much for Chesapeake. If fairland has a line they are going to be a problem for some teams. Play pitch and catch with multiple tall receivers.

South point and Portsmouth pretty even. I haven’t seen south point in football since before Covid talk about a program making strides.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

svac83 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:36 pm Fairland too much for Chesapeake. If fairland has a line they are going to be a problem for some teams. Play pitch and catch with multiple tall receivers.

South point and Portsmouth pretty even. I haven’t seen south point in football since before Covid talk about a program making strides.
Thanks for the updates, I expect South Point to be much better this year.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Ironton vs fairland and south point vs coal grove.

Ironton fairland a ton of kids playing and young kids but you can feel excitement and there is plenty of talent come by in these 2 schools.

What grade is south points back up qb. Nice arm. South point probably played over 20 kids tonight. They all looked like they belonged. Are they all athletic Lu talented no. But they all looked like they understood their roles. They are miles from where they used to be.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I didn’t stay for the end of the last games. But I will give my opinion on all 8 teams.

My opinion doesn’t mean hack because a lot of people look good before pads go on and have no idea if these teams can block and tackle.
8. Coal grove they showed me the least tonight but they probably aren’t going to be a passing team. My biggest concern was no size and nothing jumped out at me.
7. Chesapeake, they have flashes and will have some excitement.
6. Rock hill. A ton of flash this was probably the most surprising team I saw.
5. South point. They may finish 8th in this league but they were just solid no big mistakes
4. Portsmouth. My biggest concern was QB size and how that is going to translate with pads and didn’t see the game breaker
3. Gallia academy much deeper than I expected. If they have a line this could be a 9 win team
2. Fairland. They were the best looking team here offensively and defensively
1. Ironton because they showed absolutely nothing. On performance today they were probably 6th so I am guessing they are loaded.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

svac83 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:37 pm I didn’t stay for the end of the last games. But I will give my opinion on all 8 teams.

My opinion doesn’t mean hack because a lot of people look good before pads go on and have no idea if these teams can block and tackle.
8. Coal grove they showed me the least tonight but they probably aren’t going to be a passing team. My biggest concern was no size and nothing jumped out at me.
7. Chesapeake, they have flashes and will have some excitement.
6. Rock hill. A ton of flash this was probably the most surprising team I saw.
5. South point. They may finish 8th in this league but they were just solid no big mistakes
4. Portsmouth. My biggest concern was QB size and how that is going to translate with pads and didn’t see the game breaker
3. Gallia academy much deeper than I expected. If they have a line this could be a 9 win team
2. Fairland. They were the best looking team here offensively and defensively
1. Ironton because they showed absolutely nothing. On performance today they were probably 6th so I am guessing they are loaded.
Appreciate the updates/info.

Who Dey!
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

GoBigI wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:44 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:26 am
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:56 am

I think they will be more balanced. Pass & Run are both gonna be hard to stop. O & D lines will be Exceptional. Power and SPEED. Opps are gonna have to deal with both. 💯
I agree, the Offense is going to be more balanced, therefore allowing the passing game to be really be good. I personally believe that this Offense has the potential to be as good or better than any we’ve had in quite some time.
As an Ironton fan, I love the optimism and enthusiasm. However, the offense last year was far above the ceiling potential of this offense. There is no Ty Perkins, Landon Wilson, Aiden Young, C.J. Martin, Amari Felder, or TE Lincoln Barnes for the pass game in this group. Shaun Terry is a big threat and Schreck is a nice possession receiver, but beyond those 2 there is no depth. You could throw in Pittman but he’s shown nothing thus far. I like the run game potential with this line and Zayne Williams carrying the load. But to run the ball you must be able to throw. I’ve watched a couple of the 7 on 7s so far and the drop off at QB from Tayden Carpenter is painfully apparent. I really don’t think many people understand how good that young man was, not just running and throwing, but managing the game and making the right decisions. There have been way too many interceptions thrown in these 7 on 7s. Part of it is on the QBs, but a big part is the lack of speed and route running skill at WR. Many of the kids last year were 3 year starters. You don’t replace that in a year. All of that said, the drop off on the defensive side of the ball is going to be much more noticeable. We certainly have athletes all over the field, and we have 4 weeks left to get ready for game 1 at home, we just lost too much talent and experience to expect this team to approach the success we’ve seen out of 3 of the last 4 groups. I hope they prove me wrong.
I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree, this years Offense is going to be a beast.

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:41 pm
GoBigI wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:44 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:26 am

I agree, the Offense is going to be more balanced, therefore allowing the passing game to be really be good. I personally believe that this Offense has the potential to be as good or better than any we’ve had in quite some time.
As an Ironton fan, I love the optimism and enthusiasm. However, the offense last year was far above the ceiling potential of this offense. There is no Ty Perkins, Landon Wilson, Aiden Young, C.J. Martin, Amari Felder, or TE Lincoln Barnes for the pass game in this group. Shaun Terry is a big threat and Schreck is a nice possession receiver, but beyond those 2 there is no depth. You could throw in Pittman but he’s shown nothing thus far. I like the run game potential with this line and Zayne Williams carrying the load. But to run the ball you must be able to throw. I’ve watched a couple of the 7 on 7s so far and the drop off at QB from Tayden Carpenter is painfully apparent. I really don’t think many people understand how good that young man was, not just running and throwing, but managing the game and making the right decisions. There have been way too many interceptions thrown in these 7 on 7s. Part of it is on the QBs, but a big part is the lack of speed and route running skill at WR. Many of the kids last year were 3 year starters. You don’t replace that in a year. All of that said, the drop off on the defensive side of the ball is going to be much more noticeable. We certainly have athletes all over the field, and we have 4 weeks left to get ready for game 1 at home, we just lost too much talent and experience to expect this team to approach the success we’ve seen out of 3 of the last 4 groups. I hope they prove me wrong.
I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree, this years Offense is going to be a beast.
I hope you’re right, but I’ll be here in November to say I told you so.

Return to “Football”