SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Scrimmage Results

Post by EasternDspy »

Let’s go

oldmo31
Varsity

Re: Scrimmage Results

Post by oldmo31 »

Watched Eastern and Alex.Good first scrimmage for both teams.Looks like Eastern has more depth than they have had for years.Coach is moving them around.Liked Alex’s QB.Throws a really nice ball,just no time today with pressure Eastern was putting on.Both teams seem solid.

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

My sources told me only thing Alex has is a decent Q. B.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Harrison Central scored 2 tds in 20 plays.

Fort Frye scored 1 Td in down and distance

Varsity 2-1 Harrison

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

Warren looked like a team of JV players playing varsity players. Kids hurt, out, and no depth. South Point is either good, or Warren is bad. Going off their records from last year. I can’t really tell. Warren plays Roane WV next weekend. They better get healthy in a hurry, or it will be an ugly scrimmage.

Bunker Hill
Freshman Team

Post by Bunker Hill »

First units Bellaire 5-1 over River . River big big big , Isley exceptional , lacks experience. Bellaire fast fast fast , moderate size , QB solid but untested , will improve as season progresses.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Anyone get to watch West vs Chillicothe?

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

How about Wheelersburg and London

Auntyjp
Waterboy

Post by Auntyjp »

How did Unioto and Logan Elm do?

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Auntyjp wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:35 pm How did Unioto and Logan Elm do?
Unioto got crushed offensive looked bad and didn’t help we had some skill guys out in our already new defensive backfield

Boomstick
Waterboy

Post by Boomstick »

OldskoolWarrior wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:06 am Warren looked like a team of JV players playing varsity players. Kids hurt, out, and no depth. South Point is either good, or Warren is bad. Going off their records from last year. I can’t really tell. Warren plays Roane WV next weekend. They better get healthy in a hurry, or it will be an ugly scrimmage.
Oldskoolwarrior lol. I think you watched a different scrimmage than the rest of us. I would be salty if I were you though, it’s ok. Classy individuals like you deserve to be on sites like this and not on a sideline. Where you coaching now? You tried to manipulate the system and kids at Warren, fortunately you were exposed for it. Same thing happened at Williamstown. You tried to manipulate kids and coaches and the community exposed you.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Zane Trace-Valley scrimmage?

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Logan Elm should be a handful this year

SiderSammy
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderSammy »

SiderBlood wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:03 am Anyone get to watch West vs Chillicothe?
Not too bad IMO considering the opponent. But far from great.
Injuries are piling up also.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Bozo wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:01 pm Zane Trace-Valley scrimmage?
Zt looked alright for first scrimmage & a new system/coach. I believe Zt varsity score 3-4 times to valleys 2-3. Zt’s front is big & skilled positions are athletic but they lack depth in every position. They might have 35 kids out. Also heard later that a Zt senior lineman broke his foot (out 4-6 weeks) but should be back for league play.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Rolltanks wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:00 pm
Auntyjp wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:35 pm How did Unioto and Logan Elm do?
Unioto got crushed offensive looked bad and didn’t help we had some skill guys out in our already new defensive backfield
Logan Elm play that good or Unioto play that bad? All the Logan Elm people I’ve talk to haven’t been very positive about the upcoming season. I personally think both these teams could have really good seasons and how much can you take away from the first scrimmage of the year.

bucs40
Freshman Team

Post by bucs40 »

I think both teams will have great seasons, Logan elm is big and physical, especially their tight end, unioto offense didn't look good bcause of the QB not being live but they'll b fine

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

OldskoolWarrior wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:06 am Warren looked like a team of JV players playing varsity players. Kids hurt, out, and no depth. South Point is either good, or Warren is bad. Going off their records from last year. I can’t really tell. Warren plays Roane WV next weekend. They better get healthy in a hurry, or it will be an ugly scrimmage.
If only this was as true as you want it to be. Lack of depth is true. Physicality and running maybe 10% of a playbook were also present. South Point’s coach made it a point that we were more physical. You have no idea what teams are hoping to get out of a scrimmage and neither do I. The looking like a JV team physically part just isn’t true. What happened to supporting the kids, no matter what? You support the kids who decided not to play (which is fine), but the kids who came back are now being put down in a passive-aggressive manner. I’m not going to get on here and see you taking pot shots at good kids. You seem to talk the talk, but are stumbling on the walking the walk part.
Last edited by beg003 on Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

WCH over Fairfield Union.

Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

Svcguru wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:31 pm
Bozo wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:01 pm Zane Trace-Valley scrimmage?
Zt looked alright for first scrimmage & a new system/coach. I believe Zt varsity score 3-4 times to valleys 2-3. Zt’s front is big & skilled positions are athletic but they lack depth in every position. They might have 35 kids out. Also heard later that a Zt senior lineman broke his foot (out 4-6 weeks) but should be back for league play.
I wasn’t able to make it over, but how did Valley look? I saw on social media that they are very young. Sounds like the offense may have been okay if they scored 2-3 times.

Return to “Football”