August 25, 2023 River Valley 13 - 34 South Gallia

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Re: River Valley vs South Gallia

Post by sandstorm23 »

I think it’s time to split these two schools into two separate school districts. It could help unify RV

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

sandstorm23 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:46 am I think it’s time to split these two schools into two separate school districts. It could help unify RV
Agreed. I’ve always thought that.

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

Is there a reason why the split hasn’t taken place yet?

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Let’s talk about tonight instead of past history! The young men that will be playing in this game! Both teams have a lot of young players! These young men only have so many opportunities to play the game of football and tonight is about them! Football is different from any other game in that you only have a short window to play in. Other sports you can play for little bit longer such as basketball. Heck you can play golf for a very long time.

Footballfan2013
Waterboy

Post by Footballfan2013 »

I’m confused as to what more of an advantage River Valley needs? When the new high schools were built Charla Evans and company did RV a monumental favor with the new location. They are now able to draw from City school areas as well as from Southwestern which was one of 2 elementary schools making up SG. Those days are over as Southwestern is primarily a RV school now. Since the new high schools have been built we’ve seen a growth in Rv and their athletics program but at some point you’ve got to start competing against schools similar in size. RV should dominate most area schools with its enrollment and facilities. It should be noted they’ve had some great athletes and coaches but can’t seem to put it all together why?

Lucky Charms
Freshman Team

Post by Lucky Charms »

I wonder if we could get Jack in the Box to be the official sponsor for the Jack Bowl and maybe they could buy a trophy and then give free pizza to the winners.

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

Footballfan2013 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:42 pm I’m confused as to what more of an advantage River Valley needs? When the new high schools were built Charla Evans and company did RV a monumental favor with the new location. They are now able to draw from City school areas as well as from Southwestern which was one of 2 elementary schools making up SG. Those days are over as Southwestern is primarily a RV school now. Since the new high schools have been built we’ve seen a growth in Rv and their athletics program but at some point you’ve got to start competing against schools similar in size. RV should dominate most area schools with its enrollment and facilities. It should be noted they’ve had some great athletes and coaches but can’t seem to put it all together why?
All fair and good questions. I wish I had some answers for you.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:33 am
Jason Vorhees wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:32 am
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:23 am If RV loses this one, it's time to clean house. SG graduates about 35-40 kids a year. RV graduates north of a hundred every year.
Sadly and unfortunately, this is the entire problem with River Valley. No culture=no growth. River Valley has had 8 coaches in 33 years. That’s one every 4 years. River Valley is also 78-230 all time since its doors opened. They need a culture makeover. Crazy part is they’ve had some really good coaches, too. Jack James, Merrill Triplett, etc.

South Gallia on the other hand has only been open since 1996 and has 83 wins all time. South Gallia does have a culture of wanting to win.

You can’t blame one coach or one staff when it’s a systemic problem. Plus, there’s still, to date, division among the previous schools in the county.
Pretty sure there was a coach at RV who didn't win a game for several years in a row. GA has had similar issues with getting kids out to play. With their enrollment, GA should dress 60-70 a year, easily. The kids they have on the team play really well and this is no way a dig at them or the coaches there. I'm just old enough to remember Saunders and Boko fielding small armies in blue and white, as opposed to 45 or so.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

svac83 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:20 pm
Jason Vorhees wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:32 am

Sadly and unfortunately, this is the entire problem with River Valley. No culture=no growth. River Valley has had 8 coaches in 33 years. That’s one every 4 years. River Valley is also 78-230 all time since its doors opened. They need a culture makeover. Crazy part is they’ve had some really good coaches, too. Jack James, Merrill Triplett, etc.

South Gallia on the other hand has only been open since 1996 and has 83 wins all time. South Gallia does have a culture of wanting to win.

You can’t blame one coach or one staff when it’s a systemic problem. Plus, there’s still, to date, division among the previous schools in the county.
Pretty sure there was a coach at RV who didn't win a game for several years in a row. GA has had similar issues with getting kids out to play. With their enrollment, GA should dress 60-70 a year, easily. The kids they have on the team play really well and this is no way a dig at them or the coaches there. I'm just old enough to remember Saunders and Boko fielding small armies in blue and white, as opposed to 45 or so.
Gallia academy was a much bigger school then. Also did you have 12 boys playing golf, 20 some playing soccer and 15 to 20 running cross country?

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

svac83 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:22 pm
svac83 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:20 pm

Gallia academy was a much bigger school then. Also did you have 12 boys playing golf, 20 some playing soccer and 15 to 20 running cross country?
I see your point, but Ironton is in division V and they offer XC and golf, per their district website. Not sure about soccer, but even with that said, they offer two of the three you mentioned, they're a division lower, yet usually dress more kids for football.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

SWE was never part of SG. When SG opened in the old HT building students from SWE were given the option to attend the either RV or SG. It varies from year to year the number from SWE attending either school.
I agree with you though, with the numbers advantage RV should dominate this series.
Footballfan2013 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:42 pm I’m confused as to what more of an advantage River Valley needs? When the new high schools were built Charla Evans and company did RV a monumental favor with the new location. They are now able to draw from City school areas as well as from Southwestern which was one of 2 elementary schools making up SG. Those days are over as Southwestern is primarily a RV school now. Since the new high schools have been built we’ve seen a growth in Rv and their athletics program but at some point you’ve got to start competing against schools similar in size. RV should dominate most area schools with its enrollment and facilities. It should be noted they’ve had some great athletes and coaches but can’t seem to put it all together why?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

18/07 South Gallia

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

noreply66 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:35 pm 18/07 South Gallia
That is completely different than score stream?

Final? For sure?

Footballfan2013
Waterboy

Raiderball wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:03 pm SWE was never part of SG. When SG opened in the old HT building students from SWE were given the option to attend the either RV or SG. It varies from year to year the number from SWE attending either school.
I agree with you though, with the numbers advantage RV should dominate this series.
All I know is that when I was in school SG held jr high football practice as well as basketball practice at Southwestern and slowly but surely more and more students inevitably switched to RV due to proximity of new school as well as Gallia Academy. RV should not only dominate Sg which is primarily just Hannan Trace but all of the small schools on their schedule. I would love to see all the schools in this county thrive at some point. Somehow SG with its size has remained competitive for the most part across most sports. What is in the water in 256er land?

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

34-13 south Gallia

Footballfan2013
Waterboy

Sggrad06 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:58 pm 34-13 south Gallia
The Rebels are starting this season out strong. What’s the strength of the team this year?

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Congratulations Rebels!

mattash
Site Admin

Re: August 25, 2023 River Valley 13 - 34 South Gallia

Post by mattash »

August 25, 2023 River Valley 13 - 34 South Gallia

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

Congrats SG. That’s gotta feel pretty good. The hard work and dedication of that program overpowered RV.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Congratulations on the win.

Return to “Football”