September 1, 2023 Jackson 28 - 20 Wheelersburg

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: September 1, 2023 Jackson 28 - 20 Wheelersburg

Post by wobycat »

Biggest win for Jackson this year will be a touchdown win against D5 Burg with three turnovers at home.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:05 pm Biggest win for Jackson this year will be a touchdown win against D5 Burg with three turnovers at home.
Who will be Burgs biggest win ? Minford ?

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:05 pm Biggest win for Jackson this year will be a touchdown win against D5 Burg with three turnovers at home.
Used to be a huge win for teams.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:31 pm
Still is. Look what it’s doing to burg fans on here. They think the program is in disaster with losing to d3 Jackson and a loaded Ironton team by a total of 11 points combined, with a total of 6 turnovers all on the road.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

As of right now, Northwest is ahead of Wheelersburg in points in the region . SOC. Waverly. West only threats . Minford couldn't beat Chesapeake Northwest back to reality now, oak Hill should be in SOC1 Valley is really way down. west young and Waverly outside chance 7-3.record. 9-4 is a realistic record

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Prime Time wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:13 pm As of right now, Northwest is ahead of Wheelersburg in points in the region . SOC. Waverly. West only threats . Minford couldn't beat Chesapeake Northwest back to reality now, oak Hill should be in SOC1 Valley is really way down. west young and Waverly outside chance 7-3.record. 9-4 is a realistic record
I think you are right, Burg will finish with four losses making that three years in a row (and four of the last five).  In 50 years, Burg has only lost four games or more in three straight years one other time.  In those three seasons, Burg had three different coaches for each of those years.  Woodward would be the first coach to accomplish this on his own.
I think you are right, Burg will finish with four losses making that three years in a row (and four of the last five). In 50 years, Burg has only lost four games or more in three straight years one other time. In those three seasons, Burg had three different coaches for each of those years. Woodward would be the first coach to accomplish this on his own.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:40 pm
Still is. Look what it’s doing to burg fans on here. They think the program is in disaster with losing to d3 Jackson and a loaded Ironton team by a total of 11 points combined, with a total of 6 turnovers all on the road.

Crazy to think the ball bounces a few different ways in each game and we’re having the conversation of “Can Burg win DV again?” Instead it’s like the ship is sinking

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:39 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:40 pm

Crazy to think the ball bounces a few different ways in each game and we’re having the conversation of “Can Burg win DV again?” Instead it’s like the ship is sinking
From game to game the ball does bounce in different ways, hence why looking over years for trends is important. If the ball is always bouncing in ways against you, something needs changed/improved.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Coach RBH, I got to admit , you got a answer for everyone! You DA man! Im sure all Burg fans cant wait until you give your in depth on trends of Burg football! Good Luck, I want you to let us all know, how that goes and what trends to look for rest of year! Good Luck again! Im beginning to think you spend hours computing all this, at least be on the staff for future scheduling.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Heres one trend RBH, running clock early 3rd period on the Mohawks! When was the last year Wheelersburg and Northwest played, and score!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

All you Pirates haters, you act like they have been blown out in every game this year. They have lost to two very good football teams. They have scored 54 points and allowed 62, that is an 8 point difference. They lost to Ironton by 3, and to Jackson 8 both on the road. Remember, these are young men giving it their all. The Pirates will be ok down the road. Try once to give credit and quit the bashing. Rant over!

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Exactly saying the same thing I’ve been sayingWheelersburg and staff are good Coach’s, go back and start from beginning of these posts and you will see Wheelersburg posters are the ones upset that they are losing because of Coaching. I’m not a Pirate hater but have said the exact same thing.acm go back and read all these posts and let me know what you think!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Prime Time wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:50 pm Coach RBH, I got to admit , you got a answer for everyone! You DA man! Im sure all Burg fans cant wait until you give your in depth on trends of Burg football! Good Luck, I want you to let us all know, how that goes and what trends to look for rest of year! Good Luck again! Im beginning to think you spend hours computing all this, at least be on the staff for future scheduling.
LOL!!

I don’t spend much time at all on this; most of the time spent is just debating with folks on this site. Just simple observation and data.

If Burg gets rocked by HP and/or doesn’t win the SOC, you might see more Burg fans coming out about it.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

a_c_m wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:04 pm All you Pirates haters, you act like they have been blown out in every game this year. They have lost to two very good football teams. They have scored 54 points and allowed 62, that is an 8 point difference. They lost to Ironton by 3, and to Jackson 8 both on the road. Remember, these are young men giving it their all. The Pirates will be ok down the road. Try once to give credit and quit the bashing. Rant over!
I’m not a Burg hater. Actually graduated from Burg. Have lots of friends and family in Burg, some with sons on the team. Although I don’t live in Burg, I still give back to the school and the various sports programs.

That said, the results over the past five years are the results. The trends are the trends. I’m not making these numbers up. Just wanting to spark some debate on what’s going on with the program because obviously it has taken a step down. Given this is a website dedicated to SEO sports, I just assumed this is a good place for said discussion.

I’ve seen what Estep did for Burg baseball. Have seen what Ruby did for Burg softball. I want Woodward to take Burg football to that level of play. We were headed that way at one point but have dropped off the past five years. So what does it take to get us back on that trajectory?

Wow, I thought Ironton fans were sensitive with regards to critiques of Pendleton. Some Burg fans and some outside of Burg are super sensitive to critiques of Burg football.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

a_c_m wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:04 pm All you Pirates haters, you act like they have been blown out in every game this year. They have lost to two very good football teams. They have scored 54 points and allowed 62, that is an 8 point difference. They lost to Ironton by 3, and to Jackson 8 both on the road. Remember, these are young men giving it their all. The Pirates will be ok down the road. Try once to give credit and quit the bashing. Rant over!
No one is bashing Wheelersburg except one Burg poster who claims Burg would never lose if they didn’t fumble and would run the ball. You lose give the other team credit and keep working. Your rant is misguided.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:59 pm
No one is bashing Wheelersburg except one Burg poster who claims Burg would never lose if they didn’t fumble and would run the ball. You lose give the other team credit and keep working. Your rant is misguided.
Where did I claim Burg would never lose if they didn’t turnover the ball and/or if they ran the ball more?

I stated Burg would lose to IHS and HP if all teams made zero mistakes, and that Burg was a coin toss with Jackson in a clean game. If you are going to accuse me of making a statement, at least get it right.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Unable to find in gametime stats-- how many flags did Wheelersburg have compared to Jackson?
Thanks

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

I don't think RBH is bashing Burg at all. If he is then count me in as a "basher". It's a fact that we haven't beat the good teams the last few years. The old saying that Burg kids don't beat themselves is no longer true. Burg has always played clean and gave themselves a chance to win at the end... didn't always pull it out but were right there. That is no longer the case. The only game I've seen live is the Jackson game and to me we looked small everywhere but O line and got bullied a little bit by Jacksons skill kids. Some of the dads I talked to were saying that these 4 classes are the first group through that came up through the system since Burg went away from "NO DADS" involved (not enough volunteers) in the pee wee and Junior High system that Ed Miller had in place. I wonder if that has any impact. IMO Burg goes 7-3 and wins the SOC. But! If they go 6-4, lose badly to HP and lose the SOC. You are gonna see a lot more criticism from the community not just RBH who I think has been very fair and accurate with his critique thus far

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

vcgrad wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:35 am Unable to find in gametime stats-- how many flags did Wheelersburg have compared to Jackson?
Thanks
Wheelersburg had 8 penalties

Jackson had 6 penalties

Neither are bad for a high school game .

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Blitz wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:09 am
I don't think RBH is bashing Burg at all. If he is then count me in as a "basher". It's a fact that we haven't beat the good teams the last few years. The old saying that Burg kids don't beat themselves is no longer true. Burg has always played clean and gave themselves a chance to win at the end... didn't always pull it out but were right there. That is no longer the case. The only game I've seen live is the Jackson game and to me we looked small everywhere but O line and got bullied a little bit by Jacksons skill kids. Some of the dads I talked to were saying that these 4 classes are the first group through that came up through the system since Burg went away from "NO DADS" involved (not enough volunteers) in the pee wee and Junior High system that Ed Miller had in place. I wonder if that has any impact. IMO Burg goes 7-3 and wins the SOC. But! If they go 6-4, lose badly to HP and lose the SOC. You are gonna see a lot more criticism from the community not just RBH who I think has been very fair and accurate with his critique thus far
Good point , there is definitely a noticeable difference in the size and physicality between the Burg players and Ironton / Jackson. Is it simply Burg is getting out worked in the off season ?

Return to “Football”