September 1, 2023 Jackson 28 - 20 Wheelersburg

RBH23
S

Re: September 1, 2023 Jackson 28 - 20 Wheelersburg

Post by RBH23 »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:58 pm Bout time for somebody from Burg to cry about Ironton/Pendleton recruiting while another 7-3 (starting to think 6-4) season on tap. RBH and jtek spittin’ lot of facts tonight*
I’m usually that person. LOL!

I’ve been critical of Pendleton’s coaching in big games, so I’m not going to treat Woodward any different just because he coaches at Burg.

Frankly, I want Burg, and Ironton as well, to be up there with Kirtland, Marion Local, and Coldwater. See no reason why both programs can’t be.

Estep took Burg baseball to that level winning two state titles and numerous regional titles while building a program that could compete against top teams in any division.

Ruby took Burg softball to an even higher level. Have won three state titles and coached a team last year that was arguably the best in the state regardless of division. Probably should have been ranked in the top 25 nationally. Next year, her team will be competing again for state while once again doing this with kids that grew up in Burg.

So if Estep can do this in baseball and Ruby in softball, there’s no reason the same level of excellence cannot be achieved with Burg football. However, that level will not be achieved playing like they have the past three games, and most of the past four years.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:26 am I really felt as if Burg had seized the momentum big time tonight after they had scored those 2 touchdowns right before the end of the first half. Penalties and Turnovers always seem to have a big affect on the outcome of a game such as tonight. Depending on which team you were rooting for, it's a shame that one of the teams had to walk off the field with a loss last night.
Burg did the exact same thing right before half against Ironton. Another trend.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Burg needs to bring back Tom Kaskey

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Hey we can’t beat the big boys anymore but we can sure as hell beat up on big bad Northwest this week and act like we are still somebody😂

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Congrats to the ironmen

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:31 am
art_vandelay wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:58 pm Bout time for somebody from Burg to cry about Ironton/Pendleton recruiting while another 7-3 (starting to think 6-4) season on tap. RBH and jtek spittin’ lot of facts tonight*
I’m usually that person. LOL!

I’ve been critical of Pendleton’s coaching in big games, so I’m not going to treat Woodward any different just because he coaches at Burg.

Frankly, I want Burg, and Ironton as well, to be up there with Kirtland, Marion Local, and Coldwater. See no reason why both programs can’t be.

Estep took Burg baseball to that level winning two state titles and numerous regional titles while building a program that could compete against top teams in any division.

Ruby took Burg softball to an even higher level. Have won three state titles and coached a team last year that was arguably the best in the state regardless of division. Probably should have been ranked in the top 25 nationally. Next year, her team will be competing again for state while once again doing this with kids that grew up in Burg.

So if Estep can do this in baseball and Ruby in softball, there’s no reason the same level of excellence cannot be achieved with Burg football. However, that level will not be achieved playing like they have the past three games, and most of the past four years.
Burgs no different than any other SOC school now in football, nothing special. Burgs is now a softball school

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Some of the comments on here are astounding

Burg has lost to a heavily loaded transfer team in Ironton by 3 points, away game. Had 3 turnovers. Starting a sophomore QB and replacing 3 o line starters

And They lost last night to a good d3 team last night by a touchdown, away game, with 3 turnovers and multiple kids being sick during the week.

bragging up Ironton, how could they not win. 95% of their scoring is coming from transfers. They are good no doubt but geez.

Burg will be fine. I’ve seen many years now. The pile on burg.

Last two seasons they had a winning record, and went to the regional just two years ago with a QB that was a running back essentially, couldn’t pass well and the team had like 4 seniors that played multiple minutes.

At this point, it’s laughable

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:15 am Some of the comments on here are astounding

Burg has lost to a heavily loaded transfer team in Ironton by 3 points, away game. Had 3 turnovers. Starting a sophomore QB and replacing 3 o line starters

And They lost last night to a good d3 team last night by a touchdown, away game, with 3 turnovers and multiple kids being sick during the week.

bragging up Ironton, how could they not win. 95% of their scoring is coming from transfers. They are good no doubt but geez.

Last two seasons they had a winning record, and went to the regional just two years ago with a QB that was a running back essentially, couldn’t pass well and the team had like 4 seniors that played multiple minutes.

your excuses are whats laughable

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:15 am Some of the comments on here are astounding

1 SOC title last 3 years?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

JTEK wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:27 am

your excuses are whats laughable
No excuses. Everything I said was 100 percent accurate. Burg is going to be fine.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

fbnut wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:43 am

1 SOC title last 3 years?
But still owns the SOC right?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

I’ve seen many Burg games as well. I’ve also supported Burg coaches on here many times. Called them the best in the area.

And your point is correct, Burg did lose to good teams so far this year. But here are the problems:

- Burg didn’t lose to IHS and Jackson simply because these teams were better. Burg lost both games because they beat themselves. That is not Burg football.

- The O this year doesn’t look good at all. With regards to turnovers, it looked better with the QB that was a running back who couldn’t throw.

- Special teams, always a strength at Burg, has been a weakness this year despite plenty of senior talent playing major roles in that department.

- In three weeks, we have seen no improvement in special teams, penalties, and turnovers.

- Burg has lost the last four out of five games against both of these teams. These losses this year are not anomalies, they are now the norm with no end to the losing to these teams in sight.

- HP is going to put a beat down on Burg in a few weeks if this team doesn’t improve dramatically. Commit these penalties and turnovers against them, and we’ll see a running clock.

Early last season, Burg team appeared to be in disarray outside of the win against McNich. Lost to IHS (but coaches had a good game plan), beat themselves against Jackson with turnovers, and tried their best to lose against a bad Russell team. The team ended with a below average season losing the SOC to West (an awful performance on the part of Burg) and getting slapped around by HP in the playoffs once again. As of now, this team is heading in the same direction as that team.

I truly hope Woodward proves me wrong, but only time will tell…

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

A lot of people wait for failure and pile one. Happens to every successful program. Jackson also had kids out all week sick and were game time decisions. Ironton has alot of talent come in no doubt , in all fairness without the Portsmouth transfer Burg would not scored on the Ironmen , who also replaced 5 linemen , and has a sophomore quarterback.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:25 am

A lot of people wait for failure and pile one. Happens to every successful program. Jackson also had kids out all week sick and were game time decisions. Ironton has alot of talent come in no doubt , in all fairness without the Portsmouth transfer Burg would not scored on the Ironmen , who also replaced 5 linemen , and has a sophomore quarterback.
Thanks for pointing out the newbies on Jackson’s side.

Burg didn’t simply lose to a loaded, seasoned Jackson team. Burg is now losing to Jackson regardless of who Jackson puts on the field. And turnovers, penalties, mistakes, etc are the leading causes. This is coaching!

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:51 am

Thanks for pointing out the newbies on Jackson’s side.

Burg didn’t simply lose to a loaded, seasoned Jackson team. Burg is now losing to Jackson regardless of who Jackson puts on the field. And turnovers, penalties, mistakes, etc are the leading causes. This is coaching!
I just can’t pile on Wheelersburg as a team or a staff. I think the do an excellent job. Teams like the 2017 team are an anomaly. Breath RB , it’ll all be ok.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Ironman 98 was waiting for someone to point out that Burgs offense would be no way close to what it is now without the Portsmouth player. So I bet you could do a better job at Coaching than Coach Woodward. Computer Coachs are the best, LOL. Maybe Coach Pendleton will transfer him and his staff to Wheelersburg. Now Wheelersburg can play Northwest and everything will be back to normal. Good Luck Wheelersburg and Coach Woodward, pressure is on this coming week! Coach RBH ,so how would you Coach and improve, let us know and maybe Coach Woodward will have your input on special teams, defense, and offensive schemes. Coach RBH do you think if they played Fairland, Chesapeake or this week Northwest or maybe Oak Hill you would be a happier. Maybe playing these better teams that talent level is more even and that you cant cakewalk over them. I say Coach Woodward does very well and I would pick him as one of best Coachs in all Southern Ohio.
Last edited by Prime Time on Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg lose the turnover battle that was the difference imo

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:15 am

Burg lose the turnover battle that was the difference imo
Yep , Jackson took care of the ball and played more sound. I thought Burg had the slight advantage coming in but Jackson made plays when needed.

ROCH HILL PRIDE!
Freshman Team

Post by ROCH HILL PRIDE! »

I'd like to have seen a Rock Hill vs wheelersburg match up this year. Both teams look very similar, and evenly matched, but I think RH would get the win because burg turns the ball over to much, but would've been a good contest.

REDMAN NATION RISE UP!!!
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

ROCH HILL PRIDE! wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:30 am I'd like to have seen a Rock Hill vs wheelersburg match up this year. Both teams look very similar, and evenly matched, but I think RH would get the win because burg turns the ball over to much, but would've been a good contest.
Can't take you serious when you've got your school name spelled wrong. Good old ROCH HILL

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

Return to “Football”