September 8, 2023 Ironton 21 - 35 Cabell Midland (WV)

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Ironton v/s cabell midland

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:57 pm State final caliber opponent!!!

Tigers get early season —-HELLO!!!

Thank The Good Lord…

NO INJURIES!!!

Suck it up & LEARN!!!

#GoTGo!!!
Absolutely, they won’t face to many RB’s and QB’s like they seen tonight. That was a Senior heavy team too, won’t hurt the Tigers a bit playing this type of competition. I can’t wait to see next year’s schedule.

TigerFella
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerFella »

goUK wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:56 pm Cabell Midland - 34
South Point - 18
Ironton - 3
Is Roach from South Point? And even then, this argument is so old and boring. Have fun trolling I guess?

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

State final caliber opponent!!!

Tigers get early season —-HELLO!!!

Thank The Good Lord…

NO INJURIES!!!

Suck it up & LEARN!!!

#GoTGo!!!

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Much deserved win for Cabell. Made all the big plays, sustained drives all night. 1 and 2 are men out there. Ironton QB holds it out there all the time, it’s a hole in his game, Cabell made us pay. Hats off to them.

Not the end of the world. Tigers still in line for the 1 or 2 seed if they win the rest. Always good to play good teams. Was honestly surprised at the crowd, looked large on both sides. Certainly don’t think anyone was complaining this was a neutral site game.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

goUK wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:56 pm Cabell Midland - 34
South Point - 18
Ironton - 3
I’m fine with this if we take away Lovely’s points in the tournament last year and credit them to Chesapeake.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

You will be 2trap_temporary soon with that attitude.

I’d agree it pays dividends, but really only if you clean up what you can clean up. Ball security being #1. Offensive Line play, not sure that one can get fixed all the way. Room to improve. Secondary allowed several 3rd and long and 4th and long conversions that were uncharacteristic. On the other hand, Fairland missed some shots last week so maybe it’s a trend.

Footballfan96
Waterboy

Post by Footballfan96 »

Your see Pendleton recruiting CM players this summer just wait and see

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Great atmosphere for high school football game! No way the attendance was 7,200 there was atleast 12k. CM was legit and the RB was a load to bring down. The QB #1 was definitely a duel threat that kept the chains moving for CM. I think the player of the game was CM MLB #27 he was everywhere! I’m pretty sure he’s going to NC State. If Ironton played a mistake free game I could see it being a toss up game. I think Next year will be Irontons year to stop CM with all the returning Ironton starters and with CM losing the QB, RB and LBs.

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Re: September 8, 2023 Ironton 21 - 35 Cabell Midland (WV)

Post by Taylormade »

Game went as I expected. A lot of good/big plays from both teams. As for Ironton trouble at center was present again. I noticed early on they made a couple changes which seemed to work. We have to hang onto the ball. It's getting to be a big problem. I like how Qb2 runs the offense, he looks more comfortable in the pocket.That said I'm not giving up on Qb1. It was a great evening and great atmosphere for a high school game

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Props to Ironton for scheduling this one. They got better tonight regardless of the result.*

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

First thing, the “This is the best team of the Pendleton era and possibly the best Ironton team in recent memory” has been laid to rest. Also, stop telling these kids that. Let them find their own identity. This team has an opportunity to be a very good football team who makes a deep playoff run. Also, could we please, from this point forward, put the best 11 on the field…both sides of the ball? No more coaches’ favorites, no more playing because your family has money or power. Play. The. Best. 11.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

GoBigI wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:42 am First thing, the “This is the best team of the Pendleton era and possibly the best Ironton team in recent memory” has been laid to rest. Also, stop telling these kids that. Let them find their own identity. This team has an opportunity to be a very good football team who makes a deep playoff run. Also, could we please, from this point forward, put the best 11 on the field…both sides of the ball? No more coaches’ favorites, no more playing because your family has money or power. Play. The. Best. 11.
Might as well tell us who not playing that should be.*

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:35 am Props to Ironton for scheduling this one. They got better tonight regardless of the result.*
I agree. A lot of teaching moments for the coaches during film review.

One of the biggest adjustments is when CM took Terry out of special teams. I think Ironton will see more of this the remainder of the season. Let someone else beat you. He is too dynamic of a player. He can take it to the house on any given play.

CM just controlled the game with the run. Both teams had huge turnovers taking points off the joard and giving up.short fields for scores.

Ironton will be hosting. Lots of football left to clean-up what needs cleaning.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:51 am
GoBigI wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:42 am First thing, the “This is the best team of the Pendleton era and possibly the best Ironton team in recent memory” has been laid to rest. Also, stop telling these kids that. Let them find their own identity. This team has an opportunity to be a very good football team who makes a deep playoff run. Also, could we please, from this point forward, put the best 11 on the field…both sides of the ball? No more coaches’ favorites, no more playing because your family has money or power. Play. The. Best. 11.
Might as well tell us who not playing that should be.*
I believe the best 11 is out on the field. I don’t know any kid that should be playing that’s not already out there. I think some kids should be playing more on both sides of the ball, especially Pittman at WR.

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

Footballfan96 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:04 pm Your see Pendleton recruiting CM players this summer just wait and see

But midland ain't lookin like a bad destination... that o line is young..huge. strong and mean.. they were the difference. And for anyone nor there or ain't watched.. arnton got one on a great play on a punt return by Terry (the only time ironton touched the ball that qtr) the corner fell down on the 2nd td (football play) and the final one was with a min to go... and midland turned it twice deep in their own territory... it could have really been a beatdown.. that said it was a helluva good game.. great atmosphere. A win for both top notch programs... good stuff!! To all involved..

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Why would a CM player want to come over the river with a team like that plus with the coaching they have ❓❓❓

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

😀 lol the Ohio all star team lost to the wva all star rather easily.. looks like Ashland is the best team in the area….. they beat George Washington away by the same score midland did 😂

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Looks like everyone is loading up 🤗

StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

Post by StolenTalents12 »

Midland was the more physical team, in my honest opinion Terry was probably the only player on that field the same caliber as the midland starters.
I’ve watched Ironton 3 times this year and have seen their QB cough up the ball 6 or more times.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

StolenTalents12 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:05 am Midland was the more physical team, in my honest opinion Terry was probably the only player on that field the same caliber as the midland starters.
I’ve watched Ironton 3 times this year and have seen their QB cough up the ball 6 or more times.

The way he holds the ball when hes on the move , its incredible he hasnt coughed it up more .

Return to “Football”