September 8, 2023 Belpre 6 - 47 Waterford

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Re: September 8, 2023 Belpre 6 - 47 Waterford

Post by BJCassady »

Willisstarchersdad wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:15 pm
BJCassady wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:56 pm Hey dad, if you know so much then why didn't you apply for the job?

Because Belrpe chooses the worst and cheapest candidate they can find. Alot of good young coaches applied and they hired this mook
Please give us the list of all who applied. FYI, coaches are paid a pre-negotiated salary, per the teachers union, based on their years of coaching experience.

Pretty sure that Jimmy Bell was at the bottom of that pay scale and coach Welsh is at the top.

Whoever made the decision to hire Bell, and it wasn't Belpre's AD at that time, is the person ultimately responsible for the current state of our program.

I give Welsh and his staff all the credit in the world for taking on this challenge. They are moving the program in the right direction.

LeftHandedCoach
Waterboy

Post by LeftHandedCoach »

Name the quality candidates that applied for the job?! Belpre is a mess and will continue to be for a long while. This turnaround won’t be overnight. Bashing coaches and the program online doesn’t do it any justice.

Willisstarchersdad
Waterboy

Post by Willisstarchersdad »

raindelay wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:52 pm
Willisstarchersdad wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:13 pm
raindelay wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:23 pm This is sad. Going on a message board and spouting off about your kid does nothing other than probably embarrass him.

Not at all. What is embarrassing is Belpre continuing to hire the worst possible candidates. Everyone knows kw is not a football coach nor is he a mentor. I'm sorry if the truth hurts his friends. But the facts speak for themselves.

I bet you still wear your letter jacket don’t you squidward.

Your mom never returned it

Willisstarchersdad
Waterboy

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:20 am
Willisstarchersdad wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:11 pm
Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:03 pm

Are you talking about the hudl highlight video of your QB running against Warren’s 3rd team down 60-0 or the highlight film of your QB playing against Fort Frye this year? I’m confused
No I'm talking about when he played QB an actual full season. He won championships at younger level at QB with alot of the same kids. How about 2 years ago when he was the starter and threw for over 2k yards 20+ touchdowns and ran for over 1k yards? Current Qb has never scored and doesn't have 200 yards passing or rushing in 2 years. You have to be joking.
Pretty impressive for a TEAM who finished 2-8. He was throwing the ball to 19 year olds who transferred from Parkersburg and were ineligible. Wonder why the old coach is gone? When the selfishness at Belpre leaves, the wins will start coming.

Not true. The twins were 17 years old and were 2nd string in parkersburg

Eagle Pappaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Eagle Pappaw »

Willisstarchersdad wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:50 pm I'm sorry if coach welsh friends get their feelings hurt and want to private message me crying. I assumed this was an adult discussion forum about the state of area high school football? I have never spoken out and my boys have played since pee wee. But this is their senior year and alit of senior parents are unhappy. It's not about winning every game. It's about doing the right thing bye the players. I understand alot of you don't have kids in high school football programs. But if ypu did maybe you would have a different perspective. Do I care about the future of Belpre football? No. Never played there and to be honest it's not important in the larger scheme of things. It's a sport lol. What is important is the future and present well being of the players. The team is just a mechanism. An outlet. So get over yourself. I'm venting my frustration and it has nothing to do with the opinion of anyone other than myself. Sometimes you have to stand for something or you will fall for anything. So stop private messaging with your boo hoo stories. If you want my phone number just ask.
Well? Post your phone number! I have a few things to discuss with you.

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

Belpre had a D1 guy coaching but they didn’t appreciate him so he left. Now they’re down right awful. No one to blame but themselves.

I know, I was D1 fellas
raindelay
Riding the Bench

Post by raindelay »

Willisstarchersdad wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:22 pm
raindelay wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:52 pm
Willisstarchersdad wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:13 pm

Not at all. What is embarrassing is Belpre continuing to hire the worst possible candidates. Everyone knows kw is not a football coach nor is he a mentor. I'm sorry if the truth hurts his friends. But the facts speak for themselves.

I bet you still wear your letter jacket don’t you squidward.

Your mom never returned it
Nice to see your jokes are as good as your football takes 🚮

Willisstarchersdad
Waterboy

It's simple, welsh sucks. The program has NOT improved. They have 12 seniors and much better team than last season but same result. Someone please tell me where welsh has been a winner? If the truth hurts I'm sorry, but it is what it is. They got clapped bye paden city 47-7 not far off my 48-0 prediction. They are not building a better program. It's just more of the same without the morale.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

Willisstarchersdad wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:02 pm It's simple, welsh sucks. The program has NOT improved. They have 12 seniors and much better team than last season but same result. Someone please tell me where welsh has been a winner? If the truth hurts I'm sorry, but it is what it is. They got clapped bye paden city 47-7 not far off my 48-0 prediction. They are not building a better program. It's just more of the same without the morale.
To be honest, if Bell would’ve stayed, Belpre most likely wouldn’t be playing this year. Welsh has brought several kids out of the hallways and on to the field. Only problem is those kids have no experience or knowledge of the game. With time, they will and the program will be better. That’s the truth whether you want to accept the facts or not. Welsh is not a problem, he’s part of the solution.

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:09 pm
Willisstarchersdad wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:02 pm It's simple, welsh sucks. The program has NOT improved. They have 12 seniors and much better team than last season but same result. Someone please tell me where welsh has been a winner? If the truth hurts I'm sorry, but it is what it is. They got clapped bye paden city 47-7 not far off my 48-0 prediction. They are not building a better program. It's just more of the same without the morale.
To be honest, if Bell would’ve stayed, Belpre most likely wouldn’t be playing this year. Welsh has brought several kids out of the hallways and on to the field. Only problem is those kids have no experience or knowledge of the game. With time, they will and the program will be better. That’s the truth whether you want to accept the facts or not. Welsh is not a problem, he’s part of the solution.
I agree.

Kids are making progress but after not having any quality coaching the past 2 years and an on again off again Jr high program the progress will be slow.

I thought that the team played inspired football vs Paden City, bad 1st quarter but better as the game went. Down 20-0 after the 1sr, they had an outstanding goal line stand with PC 1st and goal. Stopped them 3 plays in a row inside the 5 and on 4th down Church had a beautiful interception in the end zone. Took over at the our 20 and had our best sustained drive of the season 80 yes for the TD. Kids were excited. Kicked the extra point but had a penalty. Kicked it again, another penalty. Kicked it a 3rd time from the 20 and good for the 3rd time.

Those 4 defensive plays at the goal line plus the 80 yd drive and 3 successfully extra point attempts were our best football in over 2 years. The good, quality coaching is paying off a little bit at a time.

Will we win a game this year? I certainly hope so but every team on our schedule is better than us right now so wins will be hard to come by. Hopefully we are learning to believe in ourselves because that is where the turn around has to happen first.

6 games into this season and we have scored more points than last year.

Line play on both sides of the ball is the key and we are making strides there. Execution of plays is getting better but much improvement is still needed. Playing down hill on both sides of the ball is better but still needs work.

We are a better team now vs last year in every part of the game but more improvement with experience plus quality coaching is the key.

I think the players and coaches are doing a fine job.

At the end of the PC game we had the ball inside their territory with 3 minutes left on a running clock and we were working the ball downfield trying to score. Coach used all 3 timeouts. Last year the coach just let the clock run out. We ended the game inside their 30 and took 3 shots at the end zone. Last play we executed everything right on a fade to the corner of the endzone and our receiver made a great turning, leaping catch but foot came down on the line. Point is, our kids and coaches were doing their level best on another running clock to try and score and have something to build on for the next game. That is something we haven't tried to do the last 2 seasons.

Disappointed the score wasn't better vs PC but not disappointed at all in our efforts.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!

Willisstarchersdad
Waterboy

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:09 pm

Well I simply disagree. I have 2 boys who have played for Belpre since pee wee and know alot of players and their families. Welsh hasn't brought out any new kids really. The ones who rejoined this year played middle school but got involved in other sports but want to play their senior year. So I guess we agree to disagree. And again Jimmy was Not a coach. He made that clear before they pleaded with him. But they wouldn't pay for him to have a proper staff. So it was take what you can get. I don't agree with welsh walking off a field and disrespecting the home team and refusing to shake hands after the warren game. I don't agree with his offense. He doesn't have the skill it takes to run it (proof is in the lack of production). But the real problem is the "board" who does the hiring and making decisions. They need remembered at election time.

Willisstarchersdad
Waterboy

And yes Belpre would have had a team with Bell. There were many transfers coming back from warren and eastern but once jimmy was gone so were they.

96Champ
Riding the Bench

Post by 96Champ »

Willisstarchersdad wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:48 pm And yes Belpre would have had a team with Bell. There were many transfers coming back from warren and eastern but once jimmy was gone so were they.
Just give it rest. The problems around all high school sports is parents like you. Also there were NO TRANSFERS COMING TO BELPRE this is not WV.

trampoline
Riding the Bench

Post by trampoline »

Willisstarchersdad wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:48 pm And yes Belpre would have had a team with Bell. There were many transfers coming back from warren and eastern but once jimmy was gone so were they.
i heard there were several transferring to Belpre from Canton Mckinley as well!! Its REALLY hard to be the biggest idiot on this site but this guy is certainly in the running!

Willisstarchersdad
Waterboy

You guys talk like you know lol. However ypu are misinformed. Bill Parcells once famously said " you are what your record says you are". K.W. is like 5-35. That is not a winner. I'm sorry but it's just a fact. He has never won and he never will. His inability to adjust or adapt is the reason why. I'm not the only person who doesn't like him lol. So get over yourselves. This is a discussion site. IF you don't want to hear opposing views tune out.

Return to “Football”