Post by mattash »

Northwest keep it close?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
SPelf
Freshman Team

Re: WK4 Wheelersburg - Northwest

Post by SPelf »

ok so we know that given the need, burg can power run the ball. i would imagine that with NW on the docket, you let the soph QB come out and get comfortable throwing some more, gain some confidence. 2 weeks to find an identity on offence before HP

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Wheelersburg is 48-8 all time vs. Northwest and Northwest hasn’t beaten the Burg since 1970. Burg also has 15 wins via shutout in the series.

Wheelersburg’s schedule is strong and they’re averaging 18 points per game while giving up an average of 20.67 points per game.

Northwest is averaging 31.67 points per and giving up an average of 16 points per game.

Wheelersburg ends up at 2-2 after the game.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I think that the Pirates will most certainly righten the ship this coming weekend.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Northwest has a good squad but burg should put this out of reach by quarter 2 and I could see Woodward testing out some new kids for varsity reps.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Northwest was able to build itself back up while it was down in SOC1 play, as they've gained the numbers the facilities and the wins. Now we'll see how the move back out plays out, going against Burg though you're looking at one of the top teams in SEO which is a tall task for anyone. Burg should have a running clock in this one their non-conference schedule has prepared them for SOC play that's for sure.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:41 pm Northwest was able to build itself back up while it was down in SOC1 play, as they've gained the numbers the facilities and the wins. Now we'll see how the move back out plays out, going against Burg though you're looking at one of the top teams in SEO which is a tall task for anyone. Burg should have a running clock in this one their non-conference schedule has prepared them for SOC play that's for sure.
I talked to two Northwest fans heading into our playoff matchup last year that genuinely was convinced it was going to a be a game if not a northwest win. We won 49-6. We are 52-3 all time against them. The move to SOC 1 did nothing but prove bigger schools should beat smaller schools. The Mohawks get a great welcome back party this Friday. It will be over by the start of the 2nd quarter. Pirates big

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

SiderBlood wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:10 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:41 pm Northwest was able to build itself back up while it was down in SOC1 play, as they've gained the numbers the facilities and the wins. Now we'll see how the move back out plays out, going against Burg though you're looking at one of the top teams in SEO which is a tall task for anyone. Burg should have a running clock in this one their non-conference schedule has prepared them for SOC play that's for sure.
I talked to two Northwest fans heading into our playoff matchup last year that genuinely was convinced it was going to a be a game if not a northwest win. We won 49-6. We are 52-3 all time against them. The move to SOC 1 did nothing but prove bigger schools should beat smaller schools. The Mohawks get a great welcome back party this Friday. It will be over by the start of the 2nd quarter. Pirates big
52-3!!!

That has to be the most lopsided “rivalry” in Ohio high school football for two teams that have played over 50 times.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:26 pm
52-3!!!

That has to be the most lopsided “rivalry” in Ohio high school football for two teams that have played over 50 times.
I use fourseasonsfootball for the historical stats and I can’t find any better win percentages for the teams that are listed. I would say if it’s not the most lopsided, it has to be near the top.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Half packed stadium, maybe

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

SiderBlood wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:15 am

52-3!!!

I use fourseasonsfootball for the historical stats and I can’t find any better win percentages for the teams that are listed. I would say if it’s not the most lopsided, it has to be near the top.
There’s only one higher in the state that I know of more than 50 games. Woodsfield/Monroe Central vs Frontier. Woodsfield/Monroe Central is 50-1 all time vs Frontier. It still might be a lower win percentage than that.
Oak Hill vs Green was 24-2
Jackson vs Oak Hill was 43-7-7
Ironton vs Waverly is 19-0
Wheelersburg vs Minford is 62-6

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:12 am
SiderBlood wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:15 am

52-3!!!

There’s only one higher in the state that I know of more than 50 games. Woodsfield/Monroe Central vs Frontier. Woodsfield/Monroe Central is 50-1 all time vs Frontier. It still might be a lower win percentage than that.
Oak Hill vs Green was 24-2
Jackson vs Oak Hill was 43-7-7
Ironton vs Waverly is 19-0
Wheelersburg vs Minford is 62-6
50-1 is the winner by 3+ percentage points. That’s brutal!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Good Luck Burg!!!

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Burg 49-6

BigMo
Waterboy

Post by BigMo »

Interesting match up. A couple of questions get answered. 1.) Are the Pirates really down this year? (Most likely not) and 2.) For the Mohawks, has the move down to play in the SOC-1 for several years help them compete in the SOC-2 now? Questions answered Friday night.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

BigMo wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:40 am Interesting match up. A couple of questions get answered. 1.) Are the Pirates really down this year? (Most likely not) and 2.) For the Mohawks, has the move down to play in the SOC-1 for several years help them compete in the SOC-2 now? Questions answered Friday night.
I think we know the answers to both.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

BigMo wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:40 am Interesting match up. A couple of questions get answered. 1.) Are the Pirates really down this year? (Most likely not) and 2.) For the Mohawks, has the move down to play in the SOC-1 for several years help them compete in the SOC-2 now? Questions answered Friday night.
No.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The games I have seen on Northwest have shown that they will win some games this year, but they won't fare well against burg this year.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Burg big at home. I can see Lattimore having a breakout game. Pirates right the ship. I’m going with 49-0.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Burg4 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:33 pm Burg big at home. I can see Lattimore having a breakout game. Pirates right the ship. I’m going with 49-0.
Is beating Northwest "righting the ship" for Burg or stopping the bleeding? I'm just asking because there sure are alot of "superior coaching" & "superior culture" comments from you guys at burg for a northwest win to be considered righting the ship right AFTER you took L's from Ironton & Jackson. Last season any higher ranked team in ya region that was on ya schedule beat you. This season ya off to the exact same trend. Maybe beating Harvest Prep would be "righting the ship." Because this Friday ya just making sure you are avoiding disaster.

Return to “Football”