Down on Burg

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Down on Burg

Post by Bdog_198807 »

It seems like alot of people are down on Wheelersburg they lost by 3 points to Ironton the #35 team in the state of Ohio not in the division in the state. They also lost to the #77 team by 8 points also State not division and Jackson is a Division 3 school. So they have lost by a total of 11 points vs two of the better teams in the state of Ohio. I realize they have made plenty of mistakes but they are still a very good football team. They may lose to Harvest Prep but again they are #76 in the state and I guarantee we don't get blown out we will keep it close and if we get some kinks worked out we may win. Go burg!!! Playing these elite teams will only make you stronger!!

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Re: Down on Burg

Post by Bdog_198807 »

And my rankings are from max preps idk how accurate they are but I'm sure they are relatively close.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Bdog_198807 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:16 am And my rankings are from max preps idk how accurate they are but I'm sure they are relatively close.
Only one down on Burg are their own posters.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

It’s mainly one guy just saying Wheelersburg should just be Kirtland and they would be great. If it were that easy, everyone would do it.

The three best programs in southern Ohio during the last few years have been Ironton, Jackson, and Wheelersburg. Wheelersburg lost to the other two, on the road, and had the ball late with a chance to tie or take the lead in both. Both games were tied at halftime. Neither game had anyone from Wheelersburg feeling like they played their A game and fell short.

Wheelersburg will enter 6 of their final 7 games feeling like an overwhelming to prohibitive favorite, and will likely get at least one home playoff game. None of the top 4 seeds will be excited about playing them in Week 12. They’re fine.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:51 am It’s mainly one guy just saying Wheelersburg should just be Kirtland and they would be great. If it were that easy, everyone would do it.

The three best programs in southern Ohio during the last few years have been Ironton, Jackson, and Wheelersburg. Wheelersburg lost to the other two, on the road, and had the ball late with a chance to tie or take the lead in both. Both games were tied at halftime. Neither game had anyone from Wheelersburg feeling like they played their A game and fell short.

Wheelersburg will enter 6 of their final 7 games feeling like an overwhelming to prohibitive favorite, and will likely get at least one home playoff game. None of the top 4 seeds will be excited about playing them in Week 12. They’re fine.
Sorry that I am noticing a downward trend in Burg’s performance and pointing it out on this site.  Reality is that Burg is looking at another 3-5 loss season continuing the worst streak in Woodward’s tenure.  Not sure why this should be ignored and not considered a concern?
Sorry that I am noticing a downward trend in Burg’s performance and pointing it out on this site. Reality is that Burg is looking at another 3-5 loss season continuing the worst streak in Woodward’s tenure. Not sure why this should be ignored and not considered a concern?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Let's not play the wo is me card because there isn't a legit poster on here that is down on Burg. You might have some pot stirring from posters that will go on but it's always like that, most had Burg to be better this year than last year and that was breaking in a new starting QB.

Mr Shifty
Riding the Bench

Post by Mr Shifty »

As much as I loathe that milk jug rattlin' school, I see them hosting a playoff game week 11

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

Wheelersburg's pedigree results in the expectations. There are not to many places south of Columbus or West of Batavia that a 3-4 loss season including a playoff run is a a failure, but at Wheelersburg the standard is championships. (Btw, I am not a Burg fan)

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:40 pm Let's not play the wo is me card because there isn't a legit poster on here that is down on Burg. You might have some pot stirring from posters that will go on but it's always like that, most had Burg to be better this year than last year and that was breaking in a new starting QB.
Are you stating that I am not a “legit poster?” Just a pot stirrer? That’s complete BS.

What I have posted about Burg’s recent results is not to stir the pot, nor are my comments out of line. Many fans at Burg have similar thoughts and concerns. Hence why BurgFan posted “trust the process…”.

Four loss seasons are historically very rare over the past 50 years. We are on the verge of four in the past five years which is unprecedented since Miller took over the program. And if you think Burg fans are going to be happy going 7-3 in the regular season with a fourth loss in the regional semis each year, you are sorely mistaken.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:25 am
greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:40 pm Let's not play the wo is me card because there isn't a legit poster on here that is down on Burg. You might have some pot stirring from posters that will go on but it's always like that, most had Burg to be better this year than last year and that was breaking in a new starting QB.
Are you stating that I am not a “legit poster?” Just a pot stirrer? That’s complete BS.

What I have posted about Burg’s recent results is not to stir the pot, nor are my comments out of line. Many fans at Burg have similar thoughts and concerns. Hence why BurgFan posted “trust the process…”.

Four loss seasons are historically very rare over the past 50 years. We are on the verge of four in the past five years which is unprecedented since Miller took over the program. And if you think Burg fans are going to be happy going 7-3 in the regular season with a fourth loss in the regional semis each year, you are sorely mistaken.
Where’d you get that from? Curious as I never mentioned your name or anyone by name at all. Sometimes those with a guilty conscience typically feel the need to defend themselves in a situation where nothing was aimed at them though.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

greygoose wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:14 am

Where’d you get that from? Curious as I never mentioned your name or anyone by name at all. Sometimes those with a guilty conscience typically feel the need to defend themselves in a situation where nothing was aimed at them though.
“Where’d you get that from?” It was really hard to deduce. LOL!!!

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Wheelersburg has won their region a total of 3 times in the last two and a half decades. The decline has been quietly subtle but still evident.

Ironton has won that same region more in just the last 5 seasons.

Note: thats 3 times in like 25 years folks. 👀 shoulda been concerned already.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:37 am

So you can't show me anywhere where I said that about you as a poster?? I'm direct enough that if I felt you were a pot stirrer, I'd call you one and move on you wouldn't have to try and read into anything because you're not good at that at all. Been on this site long enough to know there's some out there that simply want to stir. Must be feeling some way about your post in other subjects it sounds like.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Did they have burg better this year based on something substantive or just sentiment?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

greygoose wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:10 pm

So you can't show me anywhere where I said that about you as a poster?? I'm direct enough that if I felt you were a pot stirrer, I'd call you one and move on you wouldn't have to try and read into anything because you're not good at that at all. Been on this site long enough to know there's some out there that simply want to stir. Must be feeling some way about your post in other subjects it sounds like.
Okay Mr Direct, who was playing the “wo is me card” that you mentioned? Also, who are the “pot stirrers” that you referenced?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:44 pm

Okay Mr Direct, who was playing the “wo is me card” that you mentioned? Also, who are the “pot stirrers” that you referenced?
The one who started the post talking about how ppl are down on burg, that's why I said let's not play the wo is me card. I simply didn't buy into the post that posters are down on burg. Most of them are poster who go back and forth in the ironton and burg stuff couldn't quite tell you anymore because I simply click on their name and hit foe and I don't see their post anymore. ;) Cuts out a lot of the nonsense.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

greygoose wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:49 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:44 pm

The one who started the post talking about how ppl are down on burg, that's why I said let's not play the wo is me card. I simply didn't buy into the post that posters are down on burg. Most of them are poster who go back and forth in the ironton and burg stuff couldn't quite tell you anymore because I simply click on their name and hit foe and I don't see their post anymore. ;) Cuts out a lot of the nonsense.
Fair enough, I stand corrected.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

From my unbiased opinion, it isn't that they have lost to two of the top teams in the area, it is how they have lost.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Burg will be fine 7-3 even 6-4 will get them a home game and more than likely a win.
yes they lost to Ironton and Jackson so far but the Ironton game is a tough opener same goes for Ironton Burg is a tough opener.
Jackson is a good team no shame there HP I don't know enough about who knows they could get that win.
Waverly and Ports. West will be tough as both will improve as will Burg.
I don't see anyone down on them maybe concerned but everyone is about their teams at all times.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

FIDO wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:43 pm From my unbiased opinion, it isn't that they have lost to two of the top teams in the area, it is how they have lost.
Well said!

Return to “Football”